Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Hoping Raven gets into this. The original emo.

I would say Cap, but it's wrong to wish such an unfair beating upon these DC frauds.

You could get Uncle Sam:

Unclesam_comics.jpg

or Zeus forbid, the Guardian:

Guardianjh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

only two chars i really NEED in this game are swamp thing and V,
    theres prob more of a chance of swamp thing than V though.
    #thatalanmooredrama :(

Putting V in would be more trouble than it's worth and he doesn't even exist in the same continuity.

Swamp Thing very technically does now, but it's still not likely.

Putting V in would be more trouble than it's worth and he doesn't even exist in the same continuity.

Swamp Thing very technically does now, but it's still not likely.

yea i know :(
    there prob my fav chars i know of in DC land so its a shame.
    used to love batman but being rich is a lame power :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

yea i know :(
    there prob my fav chars i know of in DC land so its a shame.
    used to love batman but being rich is a lame power :pac:

Too much Nostalgia

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    Too much Nostalgia

haha i put that video in a swamp thing petition thread i made,epic intro theme.
    im going up in my attic later to see if i can find my swamp thing figures lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

deathrider wrote: »
    This just in:
    Was there anything new in that trailer?
    Hopefully this'll be on display at TGS since I'll be wandering that way on Saturday :D

Sairus wrote: »
    Was there anything new in that trailer?
    Hopefully this'll be on display at TGS since I'll be wandering that way on Saturday :D

I haven't been keeping an eye on this for a while now, and this trailer still didn't make me "Wow!" at all. Be sure to report back if you do get to jam on it, Sai. I'm not mad excited about it, but I still reckon it would be good craic.

so seems set a April release has been set,
    still alot of the roster is unknown.

the special edition comes with a 13" batman and wonder woman statue apparently also

• Advertisement

I didn't get to play this at TGS. Netherrealm had no booth, so I assumed it wasn't available. By the time I realized it was on show in the Sony booth the lines were closed :/

OLLIE!!!

I'll have to play this now.

Voice actor is terrible though, he's supposed to be the older, grizzled, man of the people hero. Also a pity they seem to be ignoring his post 52 upgrade in skill level.

I love the costume design for Arrow here. I've always loved that leathery hoody they gave him in Smallville compared to the Robin Hood triangle hat.

What'd they do to him in New 52?

Despite the nice character model I'm still completely uninterested in this game of course :pac:

When in doubt, always play as the guy with the beard!

I love the costume design for Arrow here. I've always loved that leathery hoody they gave him in Smallville compared to the Robin Hood triangle hat.

What'd they do to him in New 52?

Despite the nice character model I'm still completely uninterested in this game of course :pac:

Basically he went off and trained with a lot of ninja master types and levelled up is fighting skills to the point where he could take on death stroke easily. You'd see him using a sword as much as the arrows.

two more chars confirmed for release roster via ed boons twitter..
    joker and green lantern (nothing to shocking there)

never heard of green arrow before but with all those arrows seems like he be a good zoner so im down with that,
    voice actor is ass though, nearly as bad as the sindel one in mk9 *ha..ha......ha* :rolleyes:

two more chars confirmed for release roster via ed boons twitter..
    joker and green lantern (nothing to shocking there)

never heard of green arrow before but with all those arrows seems like he be a good zoner so im down with that,
    voice actor is ass though, nearly as bad as the sindel one in mk9 *ha..ha......ha* :rolleyes:

Another Batman character? Who'd have thunk it?

never heard of green arrow before but with all those arrows seems like he be a good zoner so im down with that

I'm pretty happy with a green clad blonde American zoner myself.

For those that don't know, Green Arrow was your standard Batman rip off character but in the last 20 years or so has morphed into an interesting extreme left wing man of the people type of character, often clashing with Green Lantern or Batman over their tactics and philosophies.

He's also a womanising asshole who can't keep it in his pants (has even basically split teams over boning a fellow justice leaguers wife) so he's a bit more depth of character than your average hero type.

here is offscreen footage from the NYCC.
    from the chars out so far green arrow seems like the one i want to play most.
    apparently his gimmick button changes the type of arrow (of which there are 3 types)

also according to CD jr, the current build of cyborg is what would happen if kabal,cyrax and jax had a baby....uh-oh :eek:

If Nightwolf could use his arrows like that, maybe he wouldn't have been muck. I only watched a portion of that vid, because, to be brutally honest, it was a mighty boring fight!

Also...
    what would happen if kabal,cyrax and jax had a baby....uh-oh :eek:

Good lord, that's a disturbing concept!

• Advertisement

First things first: Interesting looking character, cancellable fireballs, different angles, delays, gonna be a zoning monster.

Secondly though, something's been bugging me about this game and I've figured it out. Maybe some other comic guys could chime in with me on it...

In MvC3, the move sets and the designs delibrately show the bring out the models characters. For example, Deadpools shoryuken, despite only ever being done once, is considered a signature move. They went to the bother of getting wolverine's animated voice actor. She Hulk breaks the 4th wall if she's in a fight with deadpool, loads of things like that. MvC is full of character and a delight for a marvel fanboy.

In Injustice so far, I see none of this. The move sets are completely unremarkable, they don't feel like the characters they should be. Where's Ollie's boxing glove arrow? Or sword? The combos look mega generic, and the voice acting is poor. Each character seems to have 1, maybe 2 uninspired moved based on whatever powers they have.

Considering the characters and their history, is it not looking to other people so far like there's a lot of missed opportunity going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hmm you might be right Doom. The thing about gets me that about Injustice is that if I squint it looks like MK9.

That might just be because it's not cell shaded, and that goes great with comic styles....

We know a lot about the behind the scenes stuff between Capcom and Marvel as well.

Like Capcom have said that the absense of Venom and Fantastic Four was largely down to licencing issues Marvel has, but also how Marvel were super eager to have characters like Rocket Raccoon and Dr. Strange.
    Remember them saying that Marvel even specified exactly how the positions of the fingers on Dr. Strange's hands had to be?

Capcom, to be fair to them, do tell us a lot about the behind the scenes stuff.

I dunno can the same be said about this game (I actually don't know, I'm not actively following it).

It could be anything from Marvel being more focused on the small details, or Netherealm being able to secure a better contract that excludes the IP owner meddling in their game design, haha.

It could be anything from Marvel being more focused on the small details, or Netherealm being able to secure a better contract that excludes the IP owner meddling in their game design, haha.

God knows, but Warner owns both Nether realm and DC these days...

I hate comparing this to Marvel over and over but it's kind of impossible not to.

I think my main gripe with this game (aside from the general MK9ish combos and movement style, which I just don't like) is traceable to the way Netherrealm approached this game. Marvel doesn't care about power levels and just said "**** it, that racoon is going to beat the **** out of Dormammu" and scaled all the low level characters up to meet the stupidity of the high power characters or just flat out ignored the differences. DC seems to have gone the opposite way and scaled everyone down to Batman's level and has mentioned they have a big logical explanation in the plot for the depowering.

Right there is the problem. From the start Netherrealm wanted to depower the characters and shoehorned them into the rigid, martial arts based MK9 fighting style which can only really accommodate the 'Gadget' half of the cast. This depowering just serves to make the super moves all the more silly. They try to be realistic and edgy, then throw stupidly over the top nonsense in out of nowhere. If the first thing you think of when you make a super hero fighting game is "okay, we gotta bring all these guys down to normal human levels" then you are making the wrong game.

I'm not flat out hating on MK9's gameplay - to each their own like - but I think super heroes are totally out of place within that design. I'd be saying the same thing if they scaled Sentinel down to fit into Street Fighter 4.

Everyone knows that nerfing good characters usually sucks whereas buffing low ones is awesome.

@sarius/@doom

the build that being taken around the shows is near 8 months old, yep that old.
    so i wouldnt be trying to dissect too much yet, sure in the build at NYCC you couldnt tech throws its such a old build

i dont think you guys are wrong talking about marvel though, ed boon said the idea of this game was to get as far away from mk as possible to try bring in the marvel/BB/SF etc people in and they seem to be taking a good bit from BB and marvel

also anyone ive talked whos played to says its night and day from mk, plays nothing like it when accualty playing it, but that all hearsay and on a very early build so ill have to wait till april to find out for sure i guess

the build that being taken around the shows is near 8 months old

also anyone ive talked whos played to says its night and day from mk, plays nothing like it when accualty playing it,

These are two things I'm really trying to keep an open mind about. I don't completely hate what I've seen already - after a lot of thought I actually love the Clash system and a lot of the character designs are actually nice and interesting looks for the characters... give or take a Harley or two.

If the game plays a lot looser than MK9 then it may be a winner for me - I'm just not terribly hopeful on that front.

These are two things I'm really trying to keep an open mind about. I don't completely hate what I've seen already - after a lot of thought I actually love the Clash system and a lot of the character designs are actually nice and interesting looks for the characters... give or take a Harley or two.

If the game plays a lot looser than MK9 then it may be a winner for me - I'm just not terribly hopeful on that front.

i dont like how long the clash takes though, i hope it shorter in final build.
    like the idea of it with betting meter and such.

i also wonder will projectiles trade SF style,that'd be interesting, always wished that happened in MK

Didn't they recently say the clash was being removed?

They must have made some huge changes since that build if they're trying to make it like Marvel because to me it would look way closer to BB of the two.

Didn't they recently say the clash was being removed?

They must have made some huge changes since that build if they're trying to make it like Marvel because to me it would look way closer to BB of the two.

yea they said they might remove it,nothing more been said since, id sad they'll just end up making the whole animation shorter.

yea theres alot of BB to be seen at the minute in it,
    sure even the button layout, 1-2-3-gimmick (a-b-c-drive)

i found out some stuff about the jump in punch/kick system that a bit odd aswell.at the minute jips knockdown while jiks grants a combo somone said something about a jump in throw mechanic but i think they may of been at the crack pipe for the post it was written in.
    each chars have there own air normals like SF aswell.

also apparently b3 is a universal wall bounce move while d3 is a universal sweep.

.....still waiting for swamp thing :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://shoryuken.com/2012/10/15/netherrealm-studios-hector-sanchez-discusses-injustice-gods-among-us-improvements-to-training-mode-frame-data-and-more/

Talks of the game having trades and cross-ups

What is this Madness:pac:

Also, get this...ALL Frame Data on the pause menu in the command list

its-about-damn-time.jpg

Advertisement