Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your metal heads

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

YEAH THAT'S A ****ING 8-STRING GUITAR

Hi everybody :D
    Nice! I play a 7 string guitar myself. I'd love to buy an 8 string but I've a feeling the neck would be just too wide.

Have you put pics of your 8 string here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Malice_ wrote: »
    Nice! I play a 7 string guitar myself. I'd love to buy an 8 string but I've a feeling the neck would be just too wide.

Have you put pics of your 8 string here?

I had been looking for a seven string but gave up on the idea and decided to just get a good six string. Next guitar definitely going to be an eight string though, listening to After the Burial and Meshuggah too much :D

These babies are quite nice.http://www.rondomusic.com/product2748.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I had been looking for a seven string but gave up on the idea and decided to just get a good six string. Next guitar definitely going to be an eight string though, listening to After the Burial and Meshuggah too much :D

These babies are quite nice.http://www.rondomusic.com/product2748.html
    Going from a six string to an eight string is quite a jump isn't it? I'd want to play the eight string first to make sure I could handle it (pun intended).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

Might as well introduce meself!

14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Might as well introduce meself!

14.jpg

Newky brown drinker,2 thumbs up from me!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Sooo, having spotted this thread linked from the State of the Forum Address thread and seen some impressive pics from 2009, anybody got some interesting 2010/2011 Rock & Metal head related pics to share? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

OK, so I was a little sceptical about posting a photo of myself here for ages, and mostly cause I think someone here might recognize me and give me grief. No one in particular, but I have a bad habit of....actually, never mind that lol

I just want to point out, by way of defence, that I had a few issues in 2010 and had to go to hospital for an operation - as a result I HATE my face in the first photo and would rather not share it, but it's the only picture I have with....well, you'll see

12399_10150119542795145_810160144_11413608_8193924_n.jpg

Nice guy, but I kind of felt a little pissed off with his band mates....

and here's a nice (ish) one of me, this young lady used to work with my brother, was very excited about meeting me for some reason (and no, not drunk, that's just me....)

9624_314155050144_810160144_9320693_5488923_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Heres me & Candy-Gal1 in fibbers from the new years eve/new years day night. As you can possibly tell, this was well after midnight :P

502426271a12861661057l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Unfortunately I've never stood next to the calibre of people in this thread nor have any wild rock & metal related pics to contribute, but I took a quick camera phone pic of me donning one (of the very few) R/M merchandise I have.

image040fh.jpg

I'm not even sure if the band logo is obvious or not, but I tried :pac:.

My pic from this thread disappeared as i ditched Photobucket for Picasa last year so i'll put up a 'new' one. Me and the mighty Het.:)

P6140160.JPG

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    A good few years back but as much of a bitch as I am in this photo - I'm standing beside THE man

2006_0605germ20021.jpg

Nice photo mate, but seriously, how has nobody made a Ryanair joke yet....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well I posted a recentish photo of me last year in all my bald glory so thoguht I`d put this one up from back in the day! 1984 to be exact, somewhere in Dublin city having a few scoops before boarding the ferry to Castle Donnington for Monsters Of Rock. I`m the guy in the back with the pint(and the full head of hair!!!!!!)

161739_604517801_7579682_n.jpg

Heres one of me at the Kiss gig last year. I`m Gene and boy did it feel weird having hair again(even if it wasnt mine)
    31160_435365622801_604517801_5514291_6865145_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

With Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse :D
    100_1614.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Heres me at the saw doctors (lol) gig in the academy in 2008. Ive since lost weight and grown my hair long.

You may recognise the picture from the way in to the academy (they hung it on the wall)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    My pic from this thread disappeared as i ditched Photobucket for Picasa last year so i'll put up a 'new' one. Me and the mighty Het.:)

P6140160.JPG

Jammy motherf***er. :D

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Heres me at the saw doctors (lol) gig in the academy in 2008. Ive since lost weight and grown my hair long.

You may recognise the picture from the way in to the academy (they hung it on the wall)

Is that woman, 2 to the left of you, praying?

Is that woman, 2 to the left of you, praying?

I would be too if i was that close to him!:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »

P6140160.JPG

Where was this taken? RDS or Marlay Park?

Advertisement