Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Play-Pen: D4RK ONION

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I don't think he's able to do either actually, only Admins can, and they probably wouldn't.

ok but please someone make me feel special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ok but please someone make me feel special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can ask one of the Admins to help you out with your user-name. As for the whole "secret forum" thing? If you haven't already been invited to one, then it's probably because they're none of your business... Hanh around for a while, get to know people, after a while they might get to like you enough to invite you :)

Anywho, this thread is about D4RK ONION...

Doritos or Pringles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Ok.....you're special?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Fad wrote: »
    Heaviest band you like? (I'll probably ask everyone this!)

If you say Avenged Sevenfold, I'll worry!

Yeah......

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Speaking of youth, what's your earliest childhood memory?
    My earliest memory I think, is fairly simple. I member lying under our kitchen table and chairs and drawing on them with crayons. It was a sunny day, and I was about 4. Life was so simple back then :) I like that memory
    Any plans to revive your rocking radio career this semester?
    Possibly, may do a show on my own, do game reviews and nerdy music :)
    Do you speak any non-english languages (I suspect Irish is one since I've heard you use a sentence or so in it)?
    How good would you consider yourself at these languages (if any)?
    My Irish is fairly fluent but rusty at this stage. I also have a tiny bit of german but not even enough to take a stab at a conversation. It's awful that that's all I could do after about 6 years :p
    please invite me to a sercet fourm i want to feel special!!!!!!!!!!!! also with ur mod powers please change my username!!!!!!!!! i would do anything for you :P:cool:
    People who MOD sekrit forums can send invites. I don't mod any of them so I can't help you out there. And only admins can change usernames. Subscribe for a month and you can do it then.
    Anywho, this thread is about D4RK ONION...
    Oh yeah, so it is!
    Doritos or Pringles?
    Doritos, cause you can dip them into things. Mmmmmmmmmmm, doritos...

• Advertisement

Yeah......

Oh sorry man, I didn't see this! You know I'd have answered this if I'd seen it! I enjoy a lot of Megadeth's older stuff, My Dying Bride are pretty good, wonderful depressing stuff, and a little Emperor is always good for the mind. Avenged Sevenfold are good only for Rock Band :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

KnifeWRENCH's patented random question generator is back because I'm lazy by popular demand!

May you choose wisely and answer satisfactorily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh sorry man, I didn't see this! You know I'd have answered this if I'd seen it! I enjoy a lot of Megadeth's older stuff, My Dying Bride are pretty good, wonderful depressing stuff, and a little Emperor is always good for the mind. Avenged Sevenfold are good only for Rock Band :P

I think you just won :)

KnifeWRENCH's patented random question generator is back because I'm lazy by popular demand!

When squish biscuits?

How to approach this question. Well, first we must consider the philosophical aspects of this question. In this instance, what does the biscuit represent here? Personally, I feel that the biscuit, being delicate and plain, is a user on boards.ie.

There are many kinds of biscuits. You have plain digestives, a blank slate on to which any means of personality is to be painted on (new user), the slightly over the top mikado, which is colourful and fun (regular and respected user in a forum), and then there's the nasty, annoying user, who is there only to be annoying. Here is the biscuit avatar of this person.

So when squish "biscuit"? I think it is clear that the only time a biscuit requires squishing is when they turn from one of the first two, into the 3rd kind of biscuit. When this happens, biscuits need to be squished with extreme prejudice.

Thank you. :)
    I think you just won :)

Woo, I have music tastes!

Ahem, you'll quite clearly see that "When DO YOU squish biscuits" was the full question! But you get thanks anyway for that very surreal response! :D

• Advertisement

Ahem, you'll quite clearly see that "When DO YOU squish biscuits" was the full question! But you get thanks anyway for that very surreal response! :D

Sorry only just saw the "do you". I think the generator would be way better without the do you though, "when squish biscuits?" was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Favourite internet browser?

Favourite music player? (On the computer)

CD, MP3 or Vinyl? (Tape doesn't count)

Favourite chocolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Automated question generator! No need to pick your own numbers any more.

Excuse the terribleness of the site itself, I pretty much just made different coloured boxes to help me see what was were when designing, and then never got back to it >.>.

Currently it's just the words Knifewrench suggested (plus "don't you", "must you" and "mustn't you"), but could add more if anyone wants to make suggestions :rolleyes:.

On topic (If you don't consider the above link on topic):
    What do you wish you could do (that you can't)?

Automated question generator! No need to pick your own numbers any more.

Excuse the terribleness of the site itself, I pretty much just made different coloured boxes to help me see what was were when designing, and then never got back to it >.>.

Currently it's just the words Knifewrench suggested (plus "don't you", "must you" and "mustn't you"), but could add more if anyone wants to make suggestions :rolleyes:.

Ha, that's brilliant! :D I was actually looking for something like that originally, but couldn't find anything.

I now demand D4RK ONION answer ALL those questions, no matter how ridiculous they may be! :D

Jay P wrote: »
    Favourite internet browser? Google Chrome, it's clean, tiny amount of UI, and show's you the internet, the reason you're using the browser in the first place! It has it's drawbacks too though, it's young so it's not well supported, so for sites that fail at coding properly and break my Chrome, Opera can't be beaten.

Favourite music player? (On the computer) Windows Media Player does a great job, really like it. Don't mind using most things, but I despise I-Tunes. It sucks. HARD. Please direct your hate mail to icareaboutyouropinion@sarcasm.net

CD, MP3 or Vinyl? (Tape doesn't count) Vinyl sounds very warm, but you can't beat the versatility of MP3. It's the future, etc.

Favourite chocolate? Y'know that weird market in the middle or Cork City, it's got butchers and shops and stuff and it feels very secret? There's a chocolate stand in there that sell expensive and delicious truffles. It's sex in chocolate form. And cleaner too!

Once I rose above the noise and confusion, just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

What's wrong Firefox? I agree with the chrome thing, not everything works on it, which is why I don't use it. I don't agree with the iTunes thing though. But that's for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Anywhere in the world you'd love to visit?

Have you abused your mod powers yet?

I don't really like onions all that much, does that mean I shouldn't like you?

I know you answered this already, but I think that you made a mistake with your previous answer, so I'll ask again: tomato or tomato?

Lidl or Aldi?

Which is your least favourite smily? It has to be :rolleyes:, surely?

And finally: rock, paper or scissors?

Jay P wrote: »
    What's wrong Firefox? Nothing wrong with it, I use it in Ubuntu. It's fine, but if I want the opposite of Chrome, it's Opera for me. It invented Tabs!
    Craguls wrote: »
    Anywhere in the world you'd love to visit? I'd love to go on a proper tour of America and spend a bit of everywhere. Boston, Florida, California (see what the RHCP were on about!) and utter despair. So much diversity in one country

I just called to say I love you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

d4rk onion i love u

1. What must you lick lamp?
    2. What mustn't you lick biscuits?
    3. What do you hate biscuits?
    4. When mustn't you love The Battle of the Somme?
    5. Where don't you lick biscuits?
    6. What mustn't you lick Schrödinger's cat?
    7. Why don't you squish Schrödinger's cat?
    8. When don't you lick biscuits?
    9. Why do you love biscuits?
    10. Why must you hate biscuits?

• Advertisement

Have you abused your mod powers yet? Not really, I've threatened to do it to scare teh n00bs a few time. I'm a good mod :)

I don't really like onions all that much, does that mean I shouldn't like you? I think only you can answer this. :)

I know you answered this already, but I think that you made a mistake with your previous answer, so I'll ask again: tomato or tomato? Sorry, what I meant to say was Tomato

Lidl or Aldi? Aldi, it feels less "Cheap" while being equally cheap.

Which is your least favourite smily? It has to be :rolleyes:, surely?
    This of course :rolleyes:

And finally: rock, paper or scissors? Shotgun! Rock, cause you could beat the person with it!

The TV just rickrolled me! Damn you TV3!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Soccymonster told me to ask you these coz she cant come online for a while.
    Me or Deise?
    John or Edward?
    What would you order in a chinese?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If you dropped a chicken leg on the ground would you carry on eating it or discard it?

How often do you clip your toe nails? Do you find it irritating and extremely boring?

Do you put down the toilet seat?

Ever push someone over while they were tieing their shoelaces?

If a friend had smelly breath would you mention it to him / her?

If you could marry a cartoon character who would it be?

Who would you like to star as you in a biopic of your life?

Best concert you've been to?

Some yay or nays:
    Facial Hair?
    X Factor?
    Men shaving their armpits?
    The public scratching of one's crotch?
    Religion?
    The Irish language?
    Ugg boots?
    Lord of the Rings?
    Goat milk?
    Sport?

Brown or white bread?
    Do you smell your own farts?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Why don't you use Chrome with Ubuntu? I'm using it right now, it's great.

Also, MP3 is the past, OGG is the way of the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

syncosised wrote: »
    Why don't you use Chrome with Ubuntu? I'm using it right now, it's great.

FLAC tbh.

D4RK ONION, do you have any music in FLAC or OGG or just MP3?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Me or Deise? Me
    John or Edward? I hate both of them, but which one is less thick? That guy.
    What would you order in a chinese? Some sort of vegetable noodle dish. I'm not a fan of the meat which comes from chinese's
    Monzo wrote: »
    If you dropped a chicken leg on the ground would you carry on eating it or discard it? Depends on what state the ground was in and how long it fell for. It's not uncommon for me to pick food up and eat it though.

How often do you clip your toe nails? Do you find it irritating and extremely boring? Not very often, I do my finger nails more often cause they're visible. Yes, I find it very irritating and boring :P

Do you put down the toilet seat?After I pee? No, I do not! Women have arms they can do it themselves.

Ever push someone over while they were tieing their shoelaces? Yes, my friends are cruel people, we push each other over.

If a friend had smelly breath would you mention it to him / her? If it was from my inner group of friends, yes, if it was not, I wouldn't.

If you could marry a cartoon character who would it be? Fry from Futurama. Delivery boy has never seemed like such a cool job!

Who would you like to star as you in a biopic of your life? Jennifer Aniston. :P

Best concert you've been to? I'm not much of a concert person, AC/DC last summer was incredible though!

Some yay or nays:
    Facial Hair? Yay
    X Factor? Nay
    Men shaving their armpits? Nay
    The public scratching of one's crotch? Yay
    Religion? Nay
    The Irish language? Yay
    Ugg boots? Nay
    Lord of the Rings? Meh
    Goat milk? Nay
    Sport? Meh

Brown or white bread? While
    Do you smell your own farts? I try not to.
    syncosised wrote: »
    Why don't you use Chrome with Ubuntu? I'm using it right now, it's great. I thought it was still in alpha, has it moved to Beta?

FLAC tbh.

D4RK ONION, do you have any music in FLAC or OGG or just MP3? I have a few tracks from OCRM in FLAC, pretty good stuff! I still prefer MP3, flexible and such

Mushrooms, dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

What is the funniest thing you have ever seen?

What is the funniest thing you have ever seen?

Not really sure, I see a lot of funny stuff, I once saw a girl in college slip down a hill into a big puddle of mud, I thought it was hilarious, everyone else wasn't too pleased with my pointing and laughing! Meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Not really sure, I see a lot of funny stuff, I once saw a girl in college slip down a hill into a big puddle of mud, I thought it was hilarious, everyone else wasn't too pleased with my pointing and laughing! Meh

Should have poked her with a stick as well - the humiliation would have been complete.

• Advertisement

Okay I think we're ready to close this thread up. Thanks to everyone who asked me a question and I hope ye found my responses interesting, insightful and funny.

GG guys, GG. Play me out Keyboard Cat!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement