Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Griffin on why he doesnt like the Godfather

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I thought the Godfather book was excellent... I wasn't arsed watching the films after having read it, since I know everything that happens plot-wise.
    Am I missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I thought the Godfather book was excellent... I wasn't arsed watching the films after having read it, since I know everything that happens plot-wise.
    Am I missing out?

If you love movies, then yea. Even for Marlon Brando. Once you see him act everytime you think of Don Corleone you'll think of Brando.

P.S. Where were ya for Photoshop comp, man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i saw pulp fiction for the first time last year... was pretty unimpressed.

actually paused the film for a half hour to check if there was anything decent on tv, there wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... there's a lot of pretty mediocre films being bandied about as classics in this thread....

Jurassic Park?? The Matrix Trilogy????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

anyone else prefer part 1 to 2?

the change in Michael in the first just blows my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

It is pretty stunning. But the story of Don Corleone and the implosion of Michaels life and the other thing are all pretty mind blowing in 2. I just cant compare these films against each other tbh, a piece of art that hundreds of years from now will still be treasured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Yeah, I prefer number 1 too. I hardly mean that as a knock on number 2 though; both are miraclous achievements in film.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yep... there's a lot of pretty mediocre films being bandied about as classics in this thread....

Jurassic Park??

Jurassic park mediocre? Actually I'll just leave this topic now lest I be banned for insane amounts of flaming.

Advertisement