Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else find biopics extremely boring?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yep, an awful travesty of a film, and I thought Remi Mallak was terrible. Did he get an Oscar nomination for that ? If you compare it to Rocketman, the Elton John film released around the same time, that was miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It definitely helps to have an interesting subject. I had read a little about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz (the creators & stars of I Love Lucy), so knew enough to enjoy Being The Ricardos with Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem. It also helped that it wasn't a "straight" biopic, since the writer (Aaron Sorkin) compressed several important events in to a single week to heighten the drama.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I found I’m Not There enjoyable … Serpico too. which is a film I haven’t seen in about 15 years but might rewatch it during the week.

Advertisement