Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Saw a black 08 CN audi in Limerick today with an Autobots badge rather than the four rings. My inner 16 year old thought it was class. :D

Sorry, no pic - imagination required.

If it's the car I'm thinking of it is driven as if it's going to turn into a transformer at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

0Ft.jpg

The Ladies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

166man wrote: »

More like The Harem :D

More like The Harem :D

That red 156 is 16 years in the family this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

[QUOTE=
    The Ladies. :)[/QUOTE]

Do you tax them and park them up in turn??

If so, do you need to do anything to the car while its parked up for months to keep it sound???

OS

• Advertisement

Aren't you a lucky boy to have that kind of storage? I would fit a lift if i had that kind of storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Aren't you a lucky boy to have that kind of storage? I would fit a lift if i had that kind of storage.

I've got a garage capable of holding up to 16 cars. It's got no cars and a pile of firewood...so ya know, it's worse to have that problem.

I've got a garage capable of holding up to 16 cars. It's got no cars and a pile of firewood...so ya know, it's worse to have that problem.

I've got a garage capable of holding one car thankfully as I would have bought far more over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Cool pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

My wife wishes I had no garage at all, especially if a certain black 159 goes well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Great pic but how undignified was it getting out of the 166? :pac:

Do you tax them and park them up in turn??

If so, do you need to do anything to the car while its parked up for months to keep it sound???

OS

Yeah take one at a time really and try and keep one taxed. The rest I keep the batteries disconnected, but start them and move them regularly enough.

It's necessary unfortunately living in dublin. This is about 35 minutes outside Dublin.
    tossy wrote: »
    Cool pic.

Thanks man, wouldn't you think I'd buy some decent bloody cars to keep in the shed at this stage? :D

Great pic but how undignified was it getting out of the 166? :pac:

Any man exiting a 166 always does so in a dignified manner! That was tight tho I'll admit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeah take one at a time really and try and keep one taxed. The rest I keep the batteries disconnected, but start them and move them regularly enough.

It's necessary unfortunately living in dublin. This is about 35 minutes outside Dublin.

Thanks man, wouldn't you think I'd buy some decent bloody cars to keep in the shed at this stage? :D

Any man exiting a 166 always does so in a dignified manner! That was tight tho I'll admit :)

Fair play to you keeping all those alfas. At least some of them will survive. Just please add one gt in that line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

First ass shot.

IMG_20170808_122749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Picked up another rare gem today. Suburb cond one owner gs300, full Lexus service history, fresh NCT, 90,000 miles, drives a dream.
    All my favourite bits like full untouched tool kit and spare wheel. Bought, and serviced since, in the same Lexus dealer 17 years ago. 900 bob!

Second pic is a photoshop of some wheels I have ready to put on it. Happy out with it.

untitled-11.jpg

untitled-21.jpg

Ah heyor where the **** are you finding these??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Are those flared wheel arches too? Looks like he had a go with a rolling pin :o.

bear1 wrote: »
    Ah heyor where the **** are you finding these??

No one wants these older Jap cars... the world is your oyster. This guy didn't get one phone call till I picked it up up. Especially a 3.0 petrol. If it's not tdi and vag it seems (most) people aren't too interested. Plus I have a nack for spotting a good one :pac:

Hal1 wrote: »
    Are those flared wheel arches too? Looks like he had a go with a rolling pin :o.

Haha, no that's a quick photoshop pic of how I'm planning to set it up. It's on standard wheels and ride height now. Arches will be rolled properly, or not at all hopefully... offset is just about to run them with a slight touch of camber + no rubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Goose81

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    No one wants these older Jap cars... the world is your oyster. This guy didn't get one phone call till I picked it up up. Especially a 3.0 petrol. If it's not tdi and vag it seems (most) people aren't too interested. Plus I have a nack for spotting a good one :pac:

Lovely car but dunno how you can justify the tax and fuel costs on something so slow and old? Fair enough if it was some rocketship with a grin factor

How much is the tax on that? 3x what the car is worth..

Not saying I don't agree with spending the money, I pay a fortune to keep my bike and car on the road but couldn't justify that

Just genuinely curious how much the whole outlay is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Goose81 wrote: »
    Lovely car but dunno how you can justify the tax and fuel costs on something so slow and old? Fair enough if it was some rocketship with a grin factor

How much is the tax on that? 3x what the car is worth..

Not saying I don't agree with spending the money, I pay a fortune to keep my bike and car on the road but couldn't justify that

Just genuinely curious how much the whole outlay is

It's not that slow 220PS, 0-60 8 seconds. It is very heavy though but reasonable speed times.

It's not that slow 220PS, 0-60 8 seconds. It is very heavy though but reasonable speed times.

Suppose what you consider fast to be, that's not remotely quick but then I'm comparing to bikes I could probably run faster than my car tbf haha

Agreed, good speed times for how heavy it is though and it is a nice car I'm just struggling to comprehend someone buying a car for 900 and paying what, 2k in tax? Maybe I'm miles off with that but mentally for me that would be a huge block

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Agreed, good speed times for how heavy it is though and it is a nice car I'm just struggling to comprehend someone buying a car for 900 and paying what, 2k in tax? Maybe I'm miles off with that but mentally for me that would be a huge block

1500 per annum for a 3.0l

Speaking for myself, the way I see it is that I want to be able to say I've owned and experienced big engined 6 or 8 cylinder cars before everything becomes electric and what not in years to come.

The tax is a killer, especially when you compare to the UK but you just end up taking it on the chin.

1500 per annum for a 3.0l

Speaking for myself, the way I see it is that I want to be able to say I've owned and experienced big engined 6 or 8 cylinder cars before everything becomes electric and what not in years to come.

The tax is a killer, especially when you compare to the UK but you just end up taking it on the chin.

Fair play, that's not as bad as I thought but still a whopper outlay. Once you put it like that it probably it is worth it, last chance saloon for alot of these big engines nowadays alternative drive a ****ty diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I had a 3.0 mitsubishi in NZ and a 3.5 ford falcon. Great craic, especially the rear wheel drive falcon with the TC turned off..

And still $70 to tax for the year because it's a country that doesn't fücking hate it's motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Taking the same logic - why would someone spend 25k on a brand new diesel with cheap tax, to have it depreciate at 4k a year.

Comparing the 2, (and not taking mileage into account - just purchase price, tax, insurance, depreciation) the cost of owning the Lexus and selling it after a year is probably considerably less than the cost of owning a brand new Ford Focus or anything else for the same time. Yup, the tax is a killer, but its still probably less than half the depreciation on an average new car. Thats what bangernomics is all about - cheap and sometimes fun/interesting motoring. :)

Ps - not calling your car a banger SC, it just falls within the criteria that most people would define bangernomics by ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

To an extent.

I think you need to remove the cost of the car/ depreciation of the car from your motor tax opinion. Yeah, to a reasonable degree high tax generates cheap cars but not entirely so.

If you buy a new car in any country it will depreciate by a similar amount, cheap tax or not and if you buy a 15 year old cheap car in any country it will be cheap, expensive tax or not. So saying a new "cheap tax" car will devalue itself by more than the value of an old cc tax car, while true, is a bit of a false economy too.

While your new car is devaluing, at least you're getting something for the money it has cost you in terms of a snazzy new looking car, new automotive technology, your own choice of colour/ spec, warranty, no unexpected bills, cheaper tax etc. What so you get for the expensive tax on a cheap car? SFA. Straight 6 noise or something. Yeah to an enthusiast it may be worth it, I understand, but let's not try to justify it.

€1500, more than a months wages on the minimum wage for perspective, 8% of someone's yearly income on motor tax alone, just to put a sheet of paper in the window so the man says you can drive is a sin IMO. Not that I don't like the Lexus, I do, but I know I couldn't justify it personally.

Anyway. This may need splitting to a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

landy.jpg

Its a bit laughable compared to some of the cars on this thread mind you

• Advertisement

Nothing laughable about that at all, fecking beast out on the field I bet and would put many new "4x4s" to shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement