Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boardsie's own (or family/friends) cars for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭donalh087

Hi, a bit of advice before I advertise a car. My father in law is pretty much past driving and has asked me to sell his car for him (I don't have details yet). It is a 6yo Nissan Note 1.2 but it has an automatic transmission. I love automatic but not everyone does. Will this make it significantly more difficult to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

I don't think it should be more difficult to sell an automatic car than a manual. You could post details here incl asking price and some boards might buy it from you reducing stress & headache from time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Should be a good market for small- engined automatics.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Quite the opposite. Automatics are few and far between for the smaller cars. My friend just paid 2k more than the going rate for a 151 Hyundai i30 because it was an auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^ never tells a lie does it?😉

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

😁never.... an honest car to me is no nasty crash history or hidden issues. If I needed a car I would run this no problem but it really is surplus to requirement at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Selling my Honda Civic 2013, had it for last 2 years, never had any issues.

New NCT till 2023, Tax for a year. Just done the rear brakes, service, new battery and refurbished alternator. 230km on the clock.

8000€ ONO

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Selling little driven Hyundai i10 bought new 5 years ago as I'm working to move out of the country in the next few weeks http://www.adverts.ie/24583364

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Selling my Scoobie as I need the money for a house deposit. Best car I’ve ever owned and seriously quick.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28966563

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What are you thinking of replacing it with? Some cheap runaround since you need the bulk for house deposit. Fair play getting on the property ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Thanks, yeah a cheap runaround with no power unfortunately. 🙁 looking at Volvo c30's and things like that but have a lot of researching to do. Has to be done though, more important things to think about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

hey guys,

just looking to get a guide on a value for my car.

Was thinking of getting something else and a trader made a very good trade in deal for me. So good it has me wondering what I would get for it if I was to sell myself.

Its a 142 Audi A6 3l v6 Diesel Quattro with 250000 kms on the clock.

Its a full SLine and its an Irish Car and I am the second owner.

There is a mark in the front passenger door where I scraped a low wall.

Full air suspension and no error codes.

Mechanically the car is 100%.

Full LED light system and all that entails.

90% of the time it was just me in it.

Its not on DD or anywhere yet so no links.

I was thinking ballpark 20k with a hope to get 18k.

Motor Tax is 397 pa.

Tax is out but NCT well into 2022. Passed its NCT late last year with flying colours.

I wont go into what the dealer offered.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Privately on Donedeal they are going for between €12k and €19500k, I'd be thinking of asking €18k and taking €16k. You should see what level of discount you will get for pure cash sale on the next car you are buying v's the trade in price offered.

Friends of mine are looking to sell their 2015 Lexus IS300 Hybrid. It was bought from lexus main dealer in belfast and has a full lexus history.

It's only done 26k miles and is in spotless condition. NI car from new so no VAT to pay. They want somewhere in the region of £15-16k pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Trading in my 2010 Ford Focus "WRC" at the weekend, but throwing it up here to see if anyone would be interested in buying it privately:

2010 Ford Focus, 3 door, black, 5 speed 115PS, manual

1.8 TDCI, 206,000 kms

Wet and dry belts done at 164,000 kms

Regularly serviced, always passed NCT first time until recent one where just a worn bushen and an exhaust bracket needed replacing (I have all NCT reports)

NCT is now until May 2022

Taxed until March 2022, Good tyres on it, rears are only recently changed, and a new battery in the key (old one was out of date!)

The "WRC" edition was basically Ford's way of sticking a few extra options onto the last of the 1.8 engines and comes with the following:

Updated styling to the front bumper and side skirts

Grey diffuser style rear bumper

17 inch Alloy wheels

WRC door sills

Lumbar support on the driver seat

Black and red "sport" styling on the seats

Air conditioning

Non Ford Sony head unit

I've owned it as only the second owner since 2013, it is driving well, but does have a bad scuff on one alloy wheels, and scratches over the rear arches. I would need €2200 to make it worthwhile going through the private sale over the trade in. If it sounds interesting to anyone give me a PM and I can send pictures.

Looks like to this one -

https://a0.amlimg.com/NjY3NjY4NjE5M2M5ODRhZDM3YTA0NmYyNWE4ODc5MTHYR3V0l_0UcMQOa7XuvYV6aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDVmMzk4NWEwYmQzZWE5NDI0YTBmMmE1YTgwYmFlOTI4MzFmNjdkOGI0NTMwYWVkZGVjYWZlM2M3YWRiMTc2Ni5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Life moves forward and I won't be able to keep driving our Picasso. I went through mid-life crisis and got a few stupidly fast cards on the side, but in the end always came back. She took me with warmth and understanding...

What a practical and easy car it was. Its agility while driving around tight corners doesn't still stop to amaze me.

Post edited by grogi on

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

selling my Bmw 316D have it for sale about 3 weeks unsure as to why its not after selling, maybe its overpriced? a we buy cars crowd offered me €7,700.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/29267166

Bmw 3 Series NCT 02/23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wandererz

Nowhere on your ad does it mention that it is a 316D.

Also, it's a 316D but has a 2L engine with only 116HP? Is that correct?

Mileage is very high.

I wouldn't buy anything via Done deal. Have you placed it on adverts.ie?

That way you can get communication & offers without calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Sorry it used to say 316D on the add must have got lost in the editing somewhere since bumping up the add and adding more details to it. but yes you are correct 116hp same 2.0 engine, 160k miles is on the high side but i do see a lot of others with similar asking 2/3k more but anyway the add has 85 saves on donedeal and 4 on adverts but not one viewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wandererz

Looks in good shape. €7700 is too low. That's a ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

It's a white, base spec 316d. Always a difficult thing to shift. What does it mean 'same power as 320d'? It's either not true or remapped, both unappealing propositions to some buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So it's time to sell on the DS3 unfortunately! I love this car (1.6T 6 speed with 155bhp) but I've only managed 2500KM since September last year as WFH went permanent and I have since taxed (08/22) NCT (10/23) and serviced (Citroen dealer) in the last 3 months - it deserves to be sold on. We only need one main car now as the missus is getting a work van.

I sold the Corsa last year here to a happy Boardsie so let's hope for the same! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭appukuttan

2007 Toyota Corolla, in a perfect condition. NCT'd till May 2022, taxed till Nov.

Really good and economic car. Two previous owners (husband and wife from same home).

Recently serviced

226877 km odo

PM me for more details and images

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Selling my 2007 Ford Focus 1.4. Bought from my cousin 2.5 yrs, she had it for the previous 8, well minded car, needs nothing.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-ford-focus/29761611

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Is this thread only for cars, or part too?

I have a set of these alloys, no tyres.

Dezent TA Black, Polished 7.5x18 ET50 5x112 57.1

Arrived with slight damage so I ordered a different set, company faffed about forever and eventually we came to an settlement for me to keep them as it would cost too much for them to collect.

2 of the wheels have minor edge scratches due to poor packaging. They were ordered for an ID3 but as far as I know they fit a lot of Golf's among other things.

The 2 scuffed ones also have a slightly different finish in the silver, you can see it in these separate pictures taken at just the right angle to see it, but as you can see in the 3rd pic below its not really visible unless you're looking for it.

€670 new, selling for €400 for a Boardsie. Advertised elsewhere at €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Selling my Scirocco which was initially posted on this forum when I first got it back in the day! Any tips on verbiage for the ad would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.adverts.ie/car/volkswagen/scirocco/2015-volkswagen-scirocco-43k-km-like-new/25668451

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Summer2020

My qashqai for sale .. any hints on selling apart from dropping price? I'm happy enough with the photos I think.. Donedeal doesn't alloy more than 10 so I was a bit limited

Advertisement