Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Gaming PC <600e

Options
  • 24-05-2016 9:27pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Been asked to put together a budget gaming PC, capable of playing The Division @ 1080 @40fps for less than 600euro.

(a) I've taken the minimum spec for this game and added on a bit in terms of CPU and GFX cards.

(b) He already has a case (Cooler Master Elite 241)

CPU AMD FX-6350
    MB MSI 970A-G43 PLUS
    GFX Radeon R9 380
    PSU Coolermaster G550M
    RAM Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3 1866
    HDD WD 1Tb Blue
    SDD Sandisk 128Gb

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZFykcc

603euro delivered from mindfactory

Anything obvious look dodgy?

edit :

I can also go down the Intel path with a better CPU Intel Core i5-6400, GFX Radeon R7 370 and a Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H motherboard for the same money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Whilst the Division does offer good CPU scaling for FX processors, the FX line is becoming EOL with Zen coming out.
    I'd say swap the CPU and mobo for a Core i3 6100 and a B150 motherboard with DDR4. The price should be roughly the same, but it opens the upgrade route of hopping upto an i5 so you can play even more demanding games.

The GPU is a good choice, but if you can wait, maybe keep an eye out for Polaris 10, which aims to hit the sub €300 price point with around 5 models.

The build looks fine, is there room left over for Windows and peripherals in the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

1080p40 is a very funny spec :pac:

I'd personally go for the Intel route and get a second hand 290 or a new 380, it's worth pushing the extra €50, FM2 is a dead platform and miles behind Intel. The 6400 needs DDR4 RAM if you do go for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Whilst the Division does offer good CPU scaling for FX processors, the FX line is becoming EOL with Zen coming out.
    I'd say swap the CPU and mobo for a Core i3 6100 and a B150 motherboard with DDR4. The price should be roughly the same, but it opens the upgrade route of hopping upto an i5 so you can play even more demanding games.

The GPU is a good choice, but if you can wait, maybe keep an eye out for Polaris 10, which aims to hit the sub 300 price point with around 5 models.

The build looks fine, is there room left over for Windows and peripherals in the budget?

All good points. Yes, I left out the O/S and the bits of pieces. The guy already has a legit Win8.1 and still has a couple of months to avail of the free upgrade to W10 if he wants it.

To be honest I wasn't asked anything about future-proofing it and get the feeling that it's the type of person who has little understanding of PCs and would most likely sell the PC in 2 years time and bu a complete new kit rather than taking the upgrading option.

Thanks for the reply !

1080p40 is a very funny spec :pac:

I'd personally go for the Intel route and get a second hand 290 or a new 380, it's worth pushing the extra 50, FM2 is a dead platform and miles behind Intel. The 6400 needs DDR4 RAM if you do go for it.

Thanks for that. I would personally always go the Intel route. I'll do as you suggested and look for a secondhand gfx card and rebuild around Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Perhaps maybe Swap out psu for seasonic m12II 520 fully modular. slightly cheaper less w but better quality.

• Advertisement

Updated parts list. Swapped to Intel i3, changed PSU and managed to keep the R9 380 for a sub 600e price tag. (585euro)

PCPartPicker part list

Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
    MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card
    SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Looks good to me! You coukd always say to the buyer that you can pop in a new CPU when Kaby Lake hits, allowing them to continue their uograde path.
    Good luck!

Advertisement