Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature medicine 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 granthamx

6th year student here who's hoping to do medicine next year, just wondering do ACER tell you your percentile as well as your actual score? And if so what percentile equates to what score?
    Would be interested in comparing to last years results. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

granthamx wrote: »
    6th year student here who's hoping to do medicine next year, just wondering do ACER tell you your percentile as well as your actual score? And if so what percentile equates to what score?
    Would be interested in comparing to last years results. Thanks :)

They do. You'll get your 3 sectional scores, your overall score and your corresponding percentile for your overall score.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Burgerking19

As far as I'm aware, NUIG are the only ones who heavily emphasise the HPAT. you have to be in top ten % of mature applicants to get invited to interview. Seeing as on average 140 - 150 students apply for mature medicine every where, this roughly equals out to the amount NUIG interview - 15.

My score dropped from last year, but I was much busier regarding work, so it was expected. Regarding how I did in ACER practice compared to the HPAT? I would reduce my score by 15 - 20 %. Not much to go off other than this is reflective of my scores both years.

Personally I'd love NUIG, but I know this year my HPAT is too weak. Last year was v. strong.

Here's hoping it all works out for us anyway :)

As someone who is applying for medicine as an LC candidate, I'm curious as to the percentiles score that 140 gave you?? I think this would be a good indication for other medicine candidates on whether or not there will be a drop in points required? Thanks! Also if anyone else would be willing to share their score and percentile it would be really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Princess Blondie

Hello everyone! Is anyone else noticing that the RCSI application site is down? Im trying to get in to upload my personal statement and it keeps saying internal server error!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ahorseortwo

Hey Princess Blondie ... Im getting the same error message. Here's hoping it starts working this evening so I can finish uploading my documents.

• Advertisement

Im so worried as Im starting a night shift at 8pm so if it doesn't start working soon I'll miss the deadline! I have emailed but they won't see it until tomorrow morning.

Im going to attach my documents to the email I send them in a few minutes and hope for the best.
    Deadline was supposed to be tonight and it has taken me until today to get references and whatnot together so today was my only option for upload.

Fingers crossed we wont be penalised for their system error.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BeansandToast

Best of luck to everyone who have/ had the Trinity interview today. Probably saw a few of you there.

Best of luck to everyone who have/ had the Trinity interview today. Probably saw a few of you there.

I'm sure we were all chatting unknown to ourselves. Hope it went well for you too.

Did you happen to ask when they would be letting candidates know the result of interview? I literally stepped outside the door when I remembered to ask!

I'm sure we were all chatting unknown to ourselves. Hope it went well for you too.

Did you happen to ask when they would be letting candidates know the result of interview? I literally stepped outside the door when I remembered to ask!

I didn't actually. Didn't cross my mind. Did you get a date? I figured by the end of May at most. To say I was a bag of nerves would be an understatement.

Maybe they'll just be really nice this year and give us all a place :)

• Advertisement

I didn't actually. Didn't cross my mind. Did you get a date? I figured by the end of May at most. To say I was a bag of nerves would be an understatement.

Maybe they'll just be really nice this year and give us all a place :)

I didn't get a date, I was out the door when I realised I hadn't asked.
    I was a complete wreck too , hopefully they read my personal statements thoroughly, I was much more eloquent there than I was today !

Were you in there long? I literally had 11 mins with them and was out the door.

I didn't get a date, I was out the door when I realised I hadn't asked.
    I was a complete wreck too , hopefully they read my personal statements thoroughly, I was much more eloquent there than I was today !

Were you in there long? I literally had 11 mins with them and was out the door.

Ah sorry, I thought you said you popped your head back in. EXACT SAME! God! Came out cringing by the end, but hey, its all done now.

I was the same, 15 minutes tops. I'm just trying not to think about it nwo for the next 2 weeks.

I honestly suspect I won't get it. I didn't interview fantastically well tbh, bit too jumpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 granthamx

As someone who is applying for medicine as an LC candidate, I'm curious as to the percentiles score that 140 gave you?? I think this would be a good indication for other medicine candidates on whether or not there will be a drop in points required? Thanks! Also if anyone else would be willing to share their score and percentile it would be really appreciated

Just wanted to reiterate that if any mature applicants on this would be willing to post their score and percentile it would be really helpful to us LC students! Thanks and best of luck with your interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Enda62

Hi folks,

so, not fully sure how the interview went. Have to say I've done many interviews in my life but I don't think I've ever been as nervous. The time really did fly past.

I also forgot to ask but based on last year I heard most tend to contact successful candidates near the end of May.

Talking to friends who got in last year, they say May/June is when most provisional offers come out. This is also the time where different preferences are teased out... So be patient if you don't get your 1st choice as can quickly change once someone accepts or declines a 1st/2nd preference offer etc.

Princess blondie & ahorseortwo I hope you managed to get Sorted in the end with documents?

Anyone heard from the remaining uni's yet?

Enda62 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

so, not fully sure how the interview went. Have to say I've done many interviews in my life but I don't think I've ever been as nervous. The time really did fly past.

I also forgot to ask but based on last year I heard most tend to contact successful candidates near the end of May.

Talking to friends who got in last year, they say May/June is when most provisional offers come out. This is also the time where different preferences are teased out... So be patient if you don't get your 1st choice as can quickly change once someone accepts or declines a 1st/2nd preference offer etc.

Princess blondie & ahorseortwo I hope you managed to get Sorted in the end with documents?

Anyone heard from the remaining uni's yet?

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'd say end of march. No contact from any other unis yet. Don't know if good or bad tbh.

Likewise regarding the interview. I've done plenty and usually do it well. This one just didn't. Going to try to not think about it.

Whoever is asking for hpat. I got 168, 73rd percentile.

If anyone receives contact of the other unis, it'd be great if they could touch base on this thread. I'll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 UserNameTaken_

well done, that's a really good percentile! :D I know it's a long run here, but would u remember any of the questions u answered, and what answer you gave?!
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I'd say end of march. No contact from any other unis yet. Don't know if good or bad tbh.

Likewise regarding the interview. I've done plenty and usually do it well. This one just didn't. Going to try to not think about it.

Whoever is asking for hpat. I got 168, 73rd percentile.

If anyone receives contact of the other unis, it'd be great if they could touch base on this thread. I'll do the same.

well done, that's a really good percentile! :D I know it's a long run here, but would u remember any of the questions u answered, and what answer you gave?!

Hi username,

Honestly I wouldn't have a clue as to what answers I gave to what. Sorry.

Galway interviews are the 17th of may. Rang them yesterday. Interview offers should be sent out by Tuesday.

Nope I did not get sorted unfortunately! Gutted but relieved, I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. I had to go to work in the end :( Here's hoping I get invited for Cork!! Definitely won't get Galway even though I'd love it.

Guys has anyone had any more luck gettin onto Cork about interview dates? Ive rang and rang and getting nowhere. All other colleges have been transparent about dates...

Just want to know if I can leave the country early next month or not like!

If anyone rings or emails and gets anywhere, do let me know .

Also princess blondie. Sorry you didn't get sorted. The RCSI site was working again later that evening so I managed to upload them. Did anyone get back to your email even? Might let you submit docs late if they saw it?

Hi Horse,

I haven't heard anything from Cork, but the threads over the past years, Cork always offered interview late, so late that some people had gotten interviews and received offers before Cork even made theirs.

Hold tight for Cork I would say. I mentioned Galway above me, interview date is 17th of May according to the admissions office, interview offers should be sent early next week. Gonna be awkward if someone has both RCSI and NUIG on the same day.

If I hear anything I'll post it to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 DaveR_93

Hey folks,
    I'm currently doing 1st year undergrad physio having repeated the LC twice and sitting the HPAT four (yeah, four...) times. Non-Mature applicants don't get results until post LC, so I'm wondering if anyone would mind giving me an indication as to what raw scores received what percentiles, if it's not too nosy to ask, so I can see what my scores from previous years would get. Getting a bit nervous and impatient at this stage!

Anyone any update? Nerves on edge here

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Anyone hear anything from RCSI yet? They mention in the email asking for supporting documents that the outcome of shortlisting for interviews will be advised by 12th of May... They must have meant ON the 12th of May! Haha

Hi mostly

Haven't heard from RCSI yet but yep I think your right!
    I'll be keeping a close eye on e mail today. I'll post as soon as I here anything.
    Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Im going bananas since 8am . Heart skipping a beat everytime i login to email ha. Please jesus im shortlisted . Best of luck everyone.

Guys, I'm 99% sure RCSI won't be sending out results until the 13th. Shortlisting commences until the 12th, and the relevant persons contacted on the 13th of May.

Friday the 13th for results. Bricking it. Too afraid to check my TCD portal as well haha

Hi beans,

Just check the e-mail they sent out as not sure if that's correct?

'Mature applicants who submit their applications online directly to RCSI will be notified of the shortlisting outcome by 12th of May 2016' ......

I'm hoping that means we should receive mail today. ( Hopefully yes, does anyone have any other info??)

Fingers crossed!!

Hi Enda,

Looks like I was 99% wrong. Just checked the email there. Let the anxiety begin so. Apologies for the wrong info

I'll give them a call if we haven't received anything by 2.

Just to confirm, no one has gotten a successful/ unsuccessful notification from trinity have they?

Also what is the story with NUIG, does anyone know? I was onto them last week, said the interview is the 17th of May. Unless everyone on boards got rejected from NUIG I suspect we should have heard something

Hi beans,

No problem,just thought I might have missed something. Yep I think the anxiety levels are high today. I know mine is!
    If you could ring that would be great, I'm sure there is loads of us that would like to know what's happening.

I haven't heard anything back from TCD yet. But either way I'll post as soon as I have further info.

With regards to NUIG, I didn't get called. I'm assuming that means I won't be at this stage if the interview is on the 17th.....

UCC still no word also.

It's just a waiting game now.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Just off the phone with RCSI. People who have been shortlisted will receive an email this afternoon. We'll know by 16.00 at the latest.

Best of luck

Advertisement