Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver, Colorado :)

Options
  • 13-02-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Have a relatively short (4 nights) trip coming up soon and would be delighted to get any tips on places to go, things to do etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Do you have the option of hiring a car and driving around?

When I was in CO I only spent 1 night in Denver and visited Boulder (which is beautiful), Golden - which is home to the Coors brewery and went to to Colorado Springs where I visited the amazing Broadmoor resort

The obvious ones I missed were Breckenridge & Aspen. Didn't get to see those

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

x43r0 wrote: »
    Do you have the option of hiring a car and driving around?
    When I was in CO I only spent 1 night in Denver and visited Boulder (which is beautiful), Golden - which is home to the Coors brewery and went to to Colorado Springs where I visited the amazing Broadmoor resort
    The obvious ones I missed were Breckenridge & Aspen. Didn't get to see those

Yes, a drive into the mountains is essential. Denver is right on the edge of the Rocky Mountains and there's a freeway going right through. Spectacular scenery. And there's ski resorts, hotels etc. Every different level of accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We were in Denver just befor Christmas. Went to the Coors factory and Buffalo Bills grave - quite close to each other. Had lunch in Golden - lovely little town. We took a day trip to Aspen - quite a drive - fabulous scenery. The pass was open so we went through the Rockies coming back and got some great pics and some snow!

Did a bit of shopping in Cherry Creek Mall. We stayed near 16th Street mall so would highly recommend Larimer Square - lovely street with smalls shops and restaurants - Teds Montana Grill was our favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Thank you all for your suggestions, many of which we took on board :) Car, driving, mountains. Red Rock, Estes Park, Glenwood Springs etc. Spectacular scenery and we will definitely return. :)

Our next trip is driving from New York to Savannah, Georgia (via Richmond, VA). Can't wait late April. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement