Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent tsb

Options
  • 20-11-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

30 mins on hold to speak with open 24 advisor, a joke of a service! Anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I just got through in around 5 seconds

1890 500 121 - Hit 0 as soon as you hear "welcome to..", then 0 again when the second menu starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Munstermad wrote: »
    30 mins on hold to speak with open 24 advisor, a joke of a service! Anyone else having trouble?

Did that got straight through. Cheers... But only to be told chq takes5 working days to clear. Very 21st century... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Cheques arent really 21st century ;) Digital transfers are the way to go my friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Great to deal with. I work next door to my branch and I haven't had to cross the threshold in the last 5 years. Very clean online banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Anytime I'm waiting for a while I just tweet them for a call back. Better than me wasting my credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

maximoose wrote: »
    I just got through in around 5 seconds

1890 500 121 - Hit 0 as soon as you hear "welcome to..", then 0 again when the second menu starts.

01-2124101 handy if you have inclusive/landline free calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Their customer service is appalling. When I switched my current account away from them, they decided to cancel my online banking access even though I still had other accounts with them. To get it sorted took three calls only to be told I would have to go to a branch to sort it. I had to fill in two sets of forms and wait around between forms, only to get set up with new log-ins and all historic transactions deleted.

And their general inability to handle the maturity of a fixed deposit is amazing.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I found them to be ok to deal with. Saying that, I haven't had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Living in the states so rang them to change my Irish phone number to my U.S. mobile. Despite spending 15 minutes on the phone answering all sorts of inane security questions when I logged on to my account this is what greets me:

In order to carry out this transaction we need to text a security code to your registered mobile phone.
    We currently do not have a mobile number registered for you. For security reasons this number cannot be added online.
    Please contact Open24 at 1890 500 121 to register your mobile number. You will then be able to carry out this kind of transaction.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Living in the states so rang them to change my Irish phone number to my U.S. mobile. Despite spending 15 minutes on the phone answering all sorts of inane security questions when I logged on to my account this is what greets me:

In order to carry out this transaction we need to text a security code to your registered mobile phone.
    We currently do not have a mobile number registered for you. For security reasons this number cannot be added online.
    Please contact Open24 at 1890 500 121 to register your mobile number. You will then be able to carry out this kind of transaction.

:mad:

Pretty sure they can only send those texts to an Irish number; it's probably the case that they have your number updated but their website can't recognise it because it's not a +353 number. Speculation though; no idea how the website actually recognises mobile numbers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

You're right.

Got an email back saying the text back feature is only compatible with Irish mobiles.

This despite the fact that I specifically told the agent the reason I was changing to a U.S. mobile was to set up a payee account:rolleyes:

Advertisement