Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Applied Software Technology

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emabass

HI,

Hoping someone can answer my question:

When you complete the internship phase in December do you have time off before starting the two year contract? And if so do you know how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Emabass wrote: »
    HI,

Hoping someone can answer my question:

When you complete the internship phase in December do you have time off before starting the two year contract? And if so do you know how much?

Doing the internship at the minute and I'm pretty sure there is no time off. However you can book time off for then as you are entitled to holidays while interning.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

What is the structure of the Certificate in Software Engineering and the Masters? How many hours a week are involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

The cert first (in DIT anyway) was one class a week in each of the three subjects, 3/4 hours each. Maybe two classes a week for each sometimes, not 100% certain on that. 10 weeks total, last 5 weeks are made of up a group project where you have no timetabled classes.

Masters 5 subjects per semester, usually have one day off per week, same 3/4 hour classes but a lot of assignments to do on your time off. Second semester can be 9-5 for the first few weeks for a "ramp up" to enable the group project though...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

jujumushu wrote: »
    The cert first (in DIT anyway) was one class a week in each of the three subjects, 3/4 hours each. Maybe two classes a week for each sometimes, not 100% certain on that. 10 weeks total, last 5 weeks are made of up a group project where you have no timetabled classes.

Masters 5 subjects per semester, usually have one day off per week, same 3/4 hour classes but a lot of assignments to do on your time off. Second semester can be 9-5 for the first few weeks for a "ramp up" to enable the group project though...

Thanks I'm starting in athlone IT in September. Are the classes in the cert fast moving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Hey, does anyone know of any more threads on this masters?

I have an assessment tomorrow so doing some research

Thanks

Advertisement