Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Chaser build, Chris_Heilong

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Havent updated in a while.

I had a few cracks at the side of the front bumper that needed repair so I used filler on them sanded it back and repainted the thing, looks better then it did before.
    mondello_04_1.jpg

I got Chaser series 2 OME tail lights from Japan and fitted them, there are gaps at the sides which I am not happy about, turns out the series 1 chaser has a little extra metal behind where the lights sit, so I have 2 options, hammer in a little metal or file back some of the plastic on the tail lights, I will tackle it tomorrow if its not raining.
    before%20after.jpg

I wanted to buy a dash mat from japan because the sun shines on my dash and it reflects back on the windscreen which is annoying I was getting quotes of 100 euros and up to get a basic one, eh no thanks. So I decided to make my own. I dont know anything about sowing but how hard can it be. I measured my dash and drew up a design that will work, I printed it out and made adjustments using paper.
    small%20dash%20mat.jpg
    paper6.jpg

For material, I think I like the VIP look so have ordered some of this from fleebay.
    material.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks good, decisions, decisions! hammer metal or file plastic, If you are never going to change back to series 1 back lights then hammer would be the best option imo.

Looks good, decisions, decisions! hammer metal or file plastic, If you are never going to change back to series 1 back lights then hammer would be the best option imo.

Well it sounds the easiest and the S1 tail lights will still fit as its only a small bump that needs to be pushed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Chris I just decided to look at the first page of this thread(I quickly looked through). Jesus, you have had bad luck with this car, side skirts spoiler, stolen and also those leather seat covers robbed, they were nice covers too. And then to get rear ended, you were lucky you got his details.

Car still looks good though even if it did cost you extra by having to purchase parts you already had but were robbed.

Tackled the gap in the rear lights today, I checked the back of the light itself and there was no way to easily remove the plastic, so hammering the metal was the way to go.
    n01.jpg
    n02.jpg
    n03.jpg
    Big difference.
    I will paint primer over the flaked paint later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Nice thread... Tail lights look the bees knees..

Also I can imagine you.. with each hammer, followed by a "Im sorry".. :P

All the materials arrived yesterday for the mat and I gave it a shot sowing, it was harder than I thought. Anyway if I ever do it again I know to keep the shape as simple as possible.

348867.jpg

mat.jpg

In action.
    dashu%20matto.jpg

I am looking to get some Japan Racing wheels for the front, maybe 17 8J ET32 instead of the 18 8J ET35 I have on the front already. I am also looking for a nice looking shifter, most of the ones I see look terrible. I am liking the style of the Mugen ones they have on ebay but they have the word mugen on them:rolleyes:
    or I can go blue dildo:eek:

349146.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Toms one would be nice man .. Pricy enough for a mint one but well worth it
    Nice red or white one would be lovely

Toms one would be nice man .. Pricy enough for a mint one but well worth it
    Nice red or white one would be lovely

I bought this one,

85ffcd0b-a361-43e1-a8e9-17acb3936cc85052706037.jpg

I have to try and do everything on the cheap until I paid off a few loans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Nice choice better than the Mugan one man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Good thread chris. I haven't seen the chaser in the metal yet. It looks super.

I think the head lining with the same material.. as the dash mat...

I ordered an air filter from ebay, it was for the LX version of the Chaser so I assumed it would be the same size...I was wrong as it was too long.
    350533.jpg

I dont like sending things back so...
    350534.jpg

Perfect size now.
    350535.jpg

job seeker wrote: »
    I think the head lining with the same material.. as the dash mat...

Wooops, what I meant here was.. I think it would be a nice job if you done the headlining in the same material as the dash mat.. Either way it looks super. :cool:

job seeker wrote: »
    Wooops, what I meant here was.. I think it would be a nice job if you done the headlining in the same material as the dash mat.. Either way it looks super. :cool:

I would only consider such a big job if the headlining was sagging or damaged.

Some ideas floating around in my head are: I would like to get a replacement dash, and replacement door cards as the ones I have are scratched. I have considered bringing in a parts car in the future, something very cheap and not paying VRT on as it would just be for parts. I could sell the engine for over 1k and have all the replacement parts I need including spare doors and seats.

I would only consider such a big job if the headlining was sagging or damaged.

Some ideas floating around in my head are: I would like to get a replacement dash, and replacement door cards as the ones I have are scratched. I have considered bringing in a parts car in the future, something very cheap and not paying VRT on as it would just be for parts. I could sell the engine for over 1k and have all the replacement parts I need including spare doors and seats.

Ah I see, that's also a good idea about buy another chaser.

Advertisement