Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brita Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Also on Amazon for around €21.

Option to 'subscribe and save' giving 5% discount which can be cancelled after first order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

Debenhams coming at 25€ (out of stock anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

uli84 wrote: »
    Debenhams coming at 25€ (out of stock anyway)

It was 19.80 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

NATLOR wrote: »
    Also on Amazon for around €21.

Option to 'subscribe and save' giving 5% discount which can be cancelled after first order

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optima-EVD415-Evolve-60-day-Filter/dp/B00CX2UHRO/ref=sr_1_56?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1430047161&sr=1-56

Not Brita but still good filters and very good value @ £10.25/€15 for 8 months supply or £26/€38 for the 12 pack(2 years supply!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

foggy_lad wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optima-EVD415-Evolve-60-day-Filter/dp/B00CX2UHRO/ref=sr_1_56?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1430047161&sr=1-56

Not Brita but still good filters and very good value @ £10.25/€15 for 8 months supply or £26/€38 for the 12 pack(2 years supply!).

Make sure you've read some of the 1 star reviews.

Link?

The link was in my post but it must be expired now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

soirish wrote: »
    Make sure you've read some of the 1 star reviews.

I have been buying those evolve ones from amazon for 2 years now, never had a problem, I buy the 3 pack one regularly and they fit the same as the ones that came with it, the water is never over or under it like some of the reviewers, but personally they work for me, plus 15% s&s discount is always a plus,

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Amazon has a 4-pack package for £10 which compares favorably with the 3-pack from Tesco for €12.7

I keep a couple of them on watchlist on camelcamelcamel as Amazon routinely drops these down for a day or 2. Last year I bought a 1yr supply (12-pack) for £32 and it came with a new, free jug. This now costs £50 but will come down eventually

Funny how the 12-pack costs £35... buy 3 4-packs saves u £5! crazy Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I have been buying those evolve ones from amazon for 2 years now, never had a problem, I buy the 3 pack one regularly and they fit the same as the ones that came with it, the water is never over or under it like some of the reviewers, but personally they work for me, plus 15% s&s discount is always a plus,

Does the display on the jug recognise the evolve cartridges and give an accurate indication of how much time is left in it though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

It does, no problems at all,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Does the display on the jug recognise the evolve cartridges and give an accurate indication of how much time is left in it though?
    Bought my Brita jug last year, the display no longer seems to work. Maybe I left the last filter in too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gryca

It doesn't recognise any cartridges. It just counting 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gryca

leck wrote:
    Bought my Brita jug last year, the display no longer seems to work. Maybe I left the last filter in too long.

Battery gone. Email brita Ireland they will send you a new one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

gryca wrote: »

Great Tip thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

Powercity are doing this deal: http://powercity.ie/?par=60-80-S1306&brands=BRITA

Brita Maxtra 6pk Refill Plus Free Brita Navelia Jug (comes with another filter) €29.95

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

gryca wrote:
    It doesn't recognise any cartridges. It just counting 4 weeks.
    that's right

gryca wrote: »
    I did that. Got a replacement memo today. But either it's not working or I don't know how to use it. Should be simple, right? There is only a single button - Start. I hold down the button and four bars fill in, but when I release the button, the bars disappear so the screen doesn't show anything.

leck wrote: »
    I did that. Got a replacement memo today. But either it's not working or I don't know how to use it. Should be simple, right? There is only a single button - Start. I hold down the button and four bars fill in, but when I release the button, the bars disappear so the screen doesn't show anything.

I think you need to keep the button depressed till the 4 bars flash then release

NATLOR wrote: »
    I think you need to keep the button depressed till the 4 bars flash then release
    Thank you! that worked.

What's more it worked on the old memo too, so the battery hadn't failed after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,622 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

12 months supply on amazon.co.uk for £24 at the moment. Can't post link sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

john4321 wrote: »
    12 months supply on amazon.co.uk for £24 at the moment. Can't post link sorry.
    Here ya go - linky :)

muffler wrote: »
    Here ya go - linky :)
    Except that one is £36.99. John4321 said "12 months supply on amazon.co.uk for £24 at the moment."

Only one I could see at that price were these, but they are not made by Brita:
    Universal Jug Water Filter Cartridges (Compatible With Brita Maxtra Water Filter Jugs)

Except that one is £36.99. John4321 said "12 months supply on amazon.co.uk for £24 at the moment."
    It has changed price since but it was £23.99 when I posted the link (sold by Amazon btw) and if you scroll down to where it says "frequently bought together" you will see it listed at £23.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Only one I could see at that price were these, but they are not made by Brita:
    Universal Jug Water Filter Cartridges (Compatible With Brita Maxtra Water Filter Jugs)

I managed to but it at £23.99 this afternoon (well actually it was £24.49 at the checkout for some reason) but I still bought it as it was a good price, so thanks John4321 & Muffler!

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I managed to but it at £23.99 this afternoon (well actually it was £24.49 at the checkout for some reason) but I still bought it as it was a good price, so thanks!
    That would be the additional vat payable for orders to here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I managed to but it at £23.99 this afternoon (well actually it was £24.49 at the checkout for some reason) but I still bought it as it was a good price, so thanks John4321 & Muffler!

I was about to get annual pack from argos for 41.99:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=600518
    but amazons deal looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,445 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Back to £23.99 on Amazon

Advertisement