Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group buy time!

Options
  • 20-01-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

To help us get through the January blues I reckon it's time for a group buy.

Anyone interested?

Who would you be interested in trying?

Maybe from the States?

http://www.heartroasters.com

http://stumptowncoffee.com

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Edit: Going US, poll added!

Joe.

US Group Buy, Heart or Stumptown 5 votes

Heart
    0% 0 votes
    Stumptown
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

i might be up for this...although I won't be buying three bags this time...that was fuppin stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Stumptown gets my vote, but would be on for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlLedge

Great minds think alike.... What about The Barn Coffee Roasters from Berlin? Their Mahembe got a few mentions for espresso of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Heart sounds good. Have recently done away with roasting differently for espresso and filter, and just roast as best as they can for the bean. This is after consulting with controversial guru Scott Rao...so I would be very interested in trying them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Wigsy

Great idea. +1 for Stumptown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Stumptown gets my vote, but will try any other suggestions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Happy with either option to be honest...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

adrian522 wrote: »
    Happy with either option to be honest...

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

Either sounds deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Just emailed Stumptown. Will let you'll know what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

@snollup.
    Might put in the poll,
    "Not fussy".
    😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

Hi, new here in the coffee forum, how much yoyo's are we talking

No word back from stumptown so gonna try Heart.

dball wrote: »
    Hi, new here in the coffee forum, how much yoyo's are we talking

Hey dball,

Really depends on what you order.

Trying Heart Roasters, you'll find there prices on there website (link in the first post. With the group buy we try to get a bit of a discount on the coffee & the shipping is split between us. Once they get back to me I'll post more details.

Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

Hey guys new here to coffee forum.. This for Dublin folk only? I'm down in Galway unfortunately but would live to get in on this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

I am interested whatever you end up choosing

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

Any updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

voted for stumptown, dying to try their stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

did this happen yet? If so did ye get hit with VAT and Customs buying from the US? I'm interested in ordering from Sweet Marias but the potential for being hit with an extra 25% of the cost puts me off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

We ordered 65kg from Intelligentsia which came in 3 very large boxes and didn't get hit, but I think we were lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got a response from Stumptown, no idea why they are talking about cold brew. Emailed back to say we want beans
    Thank you for your interest in Stumptown Cold Brew! Unfortunately at this time we are not shipping our Cold Brew overseas. We are very strict on quality and freshness. Currently our Cold Brew product is not shelf stable and must stay refrigerated at all times. Giving us a shelf life of 90 days, and constant refrigeration, it becomes difficult to ensure quality and freshness while being cost effective.

I will keep your inquiry on file, for when the opportunity does arrive to ship overseas we will reach out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

also emailed stumptown the the other day and got this response
    Thank you for your interest in Stumptown Coffee!

Among the biggest challenges we face in trying to work with international clients is the cost of shipping. As you may already know, we're crazy about freshness, which is why we work with FedEx to provide all our domestic customers with coffee that is less than two days from roast. Ideally we want our coffee to be brewed within 7-10 days of the roast date in order to ensure people drink Stumptown at its peak freshness. Currently we only ship coffee via two-day shipping methods. I'm uncertain if two day shipping to Ireland are logistically possible, let alone economically viable.

In addition to the freshness issue, we are very specific about which brew methods and what type of equipment our customers use. Our wholesale program is very unique in that we do a lot more than simply sell roasted coffee. We work very closely with our customers to cultivate a seamless program that will showcase our coffee in the best possible light.

Please know I'm not trying to discourage a potential partnership, simply I want to highlight the challenges associated with shipping roasted coffee overseas for retail and/or drip brew methods. I hope I have sufficiently answered all of your questions. Please let me know what other information I can provide you with.

emailed back to say we dont want to be part of a wholesale program we are retail customers.
    I also got a quote from fedex for shipping of 20kgs of coffee. Comes in at 500 dollars!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah I got that response as well

Advertisement