Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw diameter for Logitech Z906 speakers

Options
  • 20-05-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I've searched the web for hours now looking for an answer to this.

I've recently bought a set of Z906's and a set of wall mounts, but the set of screws that came with the mounts doesn't fit the hole in the speakers.

I've already tried 5mm and 6mm screws, the 5mm were too small and the 6mm were just too big (they only went into the hole about 2mm).

Would anyone know what size screw I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Just found out that I need a 1/4-20 X 1/2" long (1/4” Thread Diameter X 20 threads per pitch X 1/2" long) screw

Anyone know where I could get this screw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Just found out that I need a 1/4-20 X 1/2" long (1/4” Thread Diameter X 20 threads per pitch X 1/2" long) screw

Anyone know where I could get this screw?

These are an Imperial size. These are a real PITA to source and why speaker manufacturers use them is beyond me!! I got mine with my speaker mounting kits.

1/4" is 6.35mm, and 20 is the teeth per inch (1.27mm pitch), an M6 bolt will usually go in a couple of turns and then jam because the pitch is wrong.

These are often used on older or US cars and bikes, for example try:
    http://www.custom-fasteners.co.uk/acatalog/UNC_Bolts.html

I think, also, that this size of bolt is used on camera tripods so that might be another option.

Good luck with it anyway, and happy listening!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I probably should've updated this thread when i sorted it out. I got onto logitech support asking for just the screws, but they said they couldn't send out the screws themselves so they sent me 5 mounting kits free of charge. Pretty nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SpiceWeasel

Anyone got a link to a site which sells these wall mounts?
    Is it a case of getting generic wall mounts and then finding the correct size screw to connect the mounts to the speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's what I'm doing. Just in the process of trying to source the bolts for the speakers now. (And yes, they are in fact a right pain to find)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

Sorry to resurrect that old thread, has anyone found a source in the Republic for those screws? Thanks

Advertisement