Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair check in

Options
  • 10-04-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with ryanair checkin.
    I'm leaving tomorrow, and I don't feel like paying for my seat on my return journey in 10 days time, so I have unchecked the "check in now" box for the return leg - but the screen then hangs, and won't let me go any further.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how do you get around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

On top of that, I got them to send me an automated link http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/how-do-i-check-in-online from their website - but when I followed it, this is what I got:
    Ooops....
    It looks like we can’t find the page you’re looking for.
    Please choose where you want to go, or click ‘Back’.
    Not so professional, huh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to use Internet Explorer. I had the same problem yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

So when you are on a Mac you can't check in. I just tried with Firefox and Safari.
    On top of that, the "contact us" link on that page just sends you to a "search for flights" page.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I have travel-check-in-phobia, by the way, so always get nervous doing these things....but any advice would be appreciated....

Is there any point in me checking in for the outward flight in 6 days' time now, and then waiting until the day before I fly to check in for the return leg (which will then be within the 7 day period when I won't have to pay for a seat)?

I'm scared of doing a half-job on it, and all sorts of terrible things happening between my p.c. and Ryanair. Honestly, I get the hee-bee-gee-bees when booking stuff...

Would it be better to wait till the day before I fly to check-in for both legs - and if I do so then, do you think I'll get 2 seats together for both myself and my travelling companion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have travel-check-in-phobia, by the way, so always get nervous doing these things....but any advice would be appreciated....

Is there any point in me checking in for the outward flight in 6 days' time now, and then waiting until the day before I fly to check in for the return leg (which will then be within the 7 day period when I won't have to pay for a seat)?

I'm scared of doing a half-job on it, and all sorts of terrible things happening between my p.c. and Ryanair. Honestly, I get the hee-bee-gee-bees when booking stuff...

Would it be better to wait till the day before I fly to check-in for both legs - and if I do so then, do you think I'll get 2 seats together for both myself and my travelling companion?

You can do it in two halves - it ony seems to have a fit when not using Internet Explorer.

When you check in for your outward leg it will remind you that there is the other leg and that you can pay money to check in for that at that time. Just check in for the first leg, print off your boarding passes, then, the day before you go, check in using the same reference code and it will let you check in for the second leg and print off your return trip boarding passes.

I'm just back from a return trip with them and myself and my companion were seated together both ways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement