Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where these Scientologists outside of the GPO yesterday?

• 04-11-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

The GPO being an old historic building there are always religious groups like Muslims and JWs preaching and evangelizing as other Dubliners will know.

That aside I was walking to see my friend past it yesterday and this random women in a red tshirt literally grabbed me and asked me if I wanted to a "Free Stress Test" and there was this random film crew filming us which freaked me out she also asked if I heard about something called "dinetics" (Not sure about spelling) . I made an excuse ( I had a Luas to catch) and legged it, but I am wondering if I am right and they are Scientology, I probably looked a target young and considering I had my college hoodie on with Psychology PhD on (We have subject hoddies and I am a PhD student in Psychology / Ergonomics )

The whole experience kinda freaked me out, I never knew they operated in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

The GPO being an old historic building there are always religious groups like Muslims and JWs preaching and evangelizing as other Dubliners will know.

That aside I was walking to see my friend past it yesterday and this random women in a red tshirt literally grabbed me and asked me if I wanted to a "Free Stress Test" and there was this random film crew filming us which freaked me out she also asked if I heard about something called "dinetics" (Not sure about spelling) . I made an excuse ( I had a Luas to catch) and legged it, but I am wondering if I am right and they are Scientology, I probably looked a target young and considering I had my college hoodie on with Psychology PhD on (We have subject hoddies and I am a PhD student in Psychology / Ergonomics )

The whole experience kinda freaked me out, I never knew they operated in Ireland

Sounds like them. An Aussie friend once told me of an encounter he had with them, which started in a similar way (free stress test, etc).

Actually, I wish I'd written his story down, as it was hysterically funny. He grew up way out in the Outback, and wasn't the most sophisticated of chaps. Highly intelligent in his own way, but prone to getting the wrong end of the stick. Which he proceeded to do during his 'stress test'. When asked, for example, if he ever felt that people were following him, he shouted "What, now? Where are they, the bastards! Did you see them following me?" etc. As I said, I wish I'd written it down, as there were a few more exchanges in the same vein, and they were very funny. In the end they asked him to leave: he was thrown out of a Scientology stress test. Good on him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That's them alright. They have a centre just around the corner on Middle Abbey Street. Been there for years. A couple of my friends back in college decided the obvious thing to do was to go in for a free stress test, and when the time was right start stripping naked and then get thrown out. Cops were called, who thought it was all very amusing and sent them on their way.

Grabbing someone in public is a crime, I'd have knocked her on her back.

Also they hate hate psychology. It's the whole basis of their control; this idea that their magic technology can fix mental problems and that the entire field of psychology is false.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Scientologists have as much right to promote their story, increase their support and raise money for their upkeep, as any other gang of religionists. (provided they keep within the law).

It's all horsesh1t though.
    Don't pretend that one is worse than the other - they are all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yeah, I'm guessing they didn't read your hoody, OP. If there were a "devil" in Scientology, it would be psychology. Psychiatry, in particular.

They were filming because they film everything, it was their own crew. You're not going to end up on the news or anything. :pac:
    They make little promotional videos and film protests outside scientology buildings to identify and "get to know" the protestors. That's why if you see people protesting scientology, they're usually covering their faces.There was a pretty funny part in a panorama documentary where they were interviewing them and the scientologists had more cameras going than the BBC.

When you say she grabbed you, you mean she actually put her hands on you and stopped you? She should know better.

I didn't think there were many scientologists operating in Ireland. Like, less than 40.

I hate how sneakily they approach people. Offering "personality tests", setting up narcotics anonymous groups and zumba classes (seriously) without mentioning scientology at all until you get there.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I hate how sneakily they approach people. Offering "personality tests", setting up narcotics anonymous groups and zumba classes (seriously) without mentioning scientology at all until you get there.

Yeah, they're literally an evil cult like you would see in a movie.

Does that count as incitement to hatred?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 CTC_Wallace

pauldla wrote: »
    Sounds like them. An Aussie friend once told me of an encounter he had with them, which started in a similar way (free stress test, etc).

i was once given a free Stress Test at a Mind Body expo
    they started to ask really private information, how much do i earn what type of job do i have.

I started to question my self why are they looking or asking me how much do i earn. they gave me a free book and when i saw who the author was i know then who they really were

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Yeah, I'm guessing they didn't read your hoody, OP. If there were a "devil" in Scientology, it would be psychology. Psychiatry, in particular.

They were filming because they film everything, it was their own crew. You're not going to end up on the news or anything. :pac:
    They make little promotional videos and film protests outside scientology buildings to identify and "get to know" the protestors. That's why if you see people protesting scientology, they're usually covering their faces.There was a pretty funny part in a panorama documentary where they were interviewing them and the scientologists had more cameras going than the BBC.

When you say she grabbed you, you mean she actually put her hands on you and stopped you? She should know better.

I didn't think there were many scientologists operating in Ireland. Like, less than 40.

Yup she did grab me, not hard but yeah it freaked me out and came out of nowhere.

I have only ever seen a CoS place before when I visited London since I am originally from very rural North England its just kinda bizarre being into real scientology I wonder why people fall for it.

Zillah wrote: »

Well I went on youtube and I don't think it does, I saw a Panorama special with John Sweeney he called them a cult and the CoS guy just lost it.

Zillah wrote: »

Technically, I think you'd be fine. It's not recognised as a religion in Ireland and it is formally recognised as a "cult" in several countries. So, you're stating a fact.

I'm very glad they have no power in Ireland because the stuff they've gotten away with in the States is mind-boggling. (Operation Snow White, Operation Freakout, Lisa McPherson, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They tend to go for people who look wealthy or place in a where there tends to be wealthy people( like freshers week in UCD or TCD). Because after all its a business and only wants people with money. The south park episode on it is excellent and actually is nearly word for word robert hubbard in parts. I dont think Scientology has ever made a profit in ireland. Even though a lot of Irish people are no longer religious, they havent looked for comfort in BS like Scientology.

OP if that women did what she did to you, to me. I would have made sure she didnt stop any person on the street that way again. Not everyone has the strength to say no to an initiating person like that on the street and could easily been taken advantage of by that women.

• Advertisement

hfallada wrote: »
    They tend to go for people who look wealthy or place in a where there tends to be wealthy people( like freshers week in UCD or TCD). Because after all its a business and only wants people with money. The south park episode on it is excellent and actually is nearly word for word robert hubbard in parts. I dont think Scientology has ever made a profit in ireland. Even though a lot of Irish people are no longer religious, they havent looked for comfort in BS like Scientology.

OP if that women did what she did to you, to me. I would have made sure she didnt stop any person on the street that way again. Not everyone has the strength to say no to an initiating person like that on the street and could easily been taken advantage of by that women.

I guess the GPO is on the nice part of O'Connell I doubt they would be seen outside funland :) Its really central though with Henry St and its also a tourist grab considering its role in Irish History

I would challenge them but they had a film crew around pointing at me. I do kinda match their "mark" I mean I had beats headphones, converse shoes on, I would look well off to them I guess.

I wonder if they saw the PhD - Psychology stuff on my TCD hoodie, maybe they would want to brainwash someone who is young, well off and educated.

Although they would hate me, a gay , humanist, psychology student etc. (I have done some research since yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Scientologists have as much right to promote their story, increase their support and raise money for their upkeep, as any other gang of religionists. (provided they keep within the law).

is scientology a religion? or just pseudo-science/psychology sci-fi babble which is really a cult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

There was a great documentary on Channel 4 this year "Scientologists at War", you can get it if on youtube if you search '4od Documentaries".

Anyway according to this and pretty evident from the title the church is beginning to break apart. A few of the senior members along with one or two of the celebrity members, including Carrie from King of Queens (apologies can't remember her actual name) have all recently left over various controversies.

I thought it was most interesting that one guy has left but is practicing independently. Promoting the use of Dianetics, and providing all the services such as the stress tests for free, or well with out attempting to get people to sign up. So if the documentary is anything to go by Scientology could be undergoing some kind of reformation.

Sorry slightly off topic there, but ye that's mad never seen them outside the GPO, although can't say I ever pay much attention to who is outside the GPO, I usually fly past, head phones blaring, sometimes I'm cruel, I make eye contact with those Concern type "can I have a chat with you" people, but just smile and continue on my way, god bless the scientologists should they try to "grab me", they will receive a speech about the reformation of Scientology.

thehouses wrote: »
    is scientology a religion? or just pseudo-science/psychology sci-fi babble which is really a cult?

From what I can gather Hubbard stole some bits from Buddhism, stole the idea from an E-Meter from someone else and then mixed the bits together with some Sci-Fi stuff he wrote to make a religion.

It turns out Dinetics appeared in the peer reviewed excellent journal "Outstanding Science Fiction"

As someone who is actually a fan of Buddhism (I meditate it helps me) I am kinda offended in a way

I don't know Catholics never chased me down and blackmailed me when I left :-)

Snako wrote: »
    There was a great documentary on Channel 4 this year "Scientologists at War", you can get it if on youtube if you search '4od Documentaries".

Anyway according to this and pretty evident from the title the church is beginning to break apart. A few of the senior members along with one or two of the celebrity members, including Carrie from King of Queens (apologies can't remember her actual name) have all recently left over various controversies.

I thought it was most interesting that one guy has left but is practicing independently. Promoting the use of Dianetics, and providing all the services such as the stress tests for free, or well with out attempting to get people to sign up. So if the documentary is anything to go by Scientology could be undergoing some kind of reformation.

Sorry slightly off topic there, but ye that's mad never seen them outside the GPO, although can't say I ever pay much attention to who is outside the GPO, I usually fly past, head phones blaring, sometimes I'm cruel, I make eye contact with those Concern type "can I have a chat with you" people, but just smile and continue on my way, god bless the scientologists should they try to "grab me", they will receive a speech about the reformation of Scientology.
    True. Her name is Leah Remini, by the way. She's doing the church a LOT of damage. She filed a missing person's report on the wife of the current leader of Scientology because she hasn't been seen in years. She's also a witness in a sh1tstorm of a harassment case against the church. (Monique Rathbun vs Scientology).

You raise a good point. Scientologists are dropping members like crazy, even long-term members. The scientology spokesperson featured in that Panorama documentary mentioned above, Tommy Davis, is no longer working for them. Panorama went back and did a more recent documentary and this time they had one of the guys who was railing against them on their side.

He sat them down and told them all this insider stuff that had been going on behind the scenes. He confirmed that they'd had the BBC journalists followed constantly and that they had strategised on the best way to goad the presenter into losing his temper so they could film it and show it to Scientologists as an example of people suppressing their "religion". (It worked. He lost it at the end of the documentary and just screamed at them).

Some of these members who leave still believe in the principles of Scientology but hate the organisation. They call themselves "pro tech" or "free zone".

I don't know Catholics never chased me down and blackmailed me when I left :-)

Haha
    That's the thing about the RCC - they don't let you leave.
    If you were baptised - they have you and won't let go.

"The Hotel California" Clause :D

Haha
    That's the thing about the RCC - they don't let you leave.
    If you were baptised - they have you and won't let go.

"The Hotel California" Clause :D

Lol well a gay atheist is going to Hell anyway by their beliefs so I don't see why they care :-s

Lol well a gay atheist is going to Hell anyway by their beliefs so I don't see why they care :-s

Yes - But they want to put you in their Catholic Hell :D

Don't worry too much - it's just your imaginary soul they're after.

Yes - But they want to put you in their Catholic Hell :D

Don't worry too much - it's just your imaginary soul they're after.

Catholic Hell, why does "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" come to mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Any time I hear a christian complaining about Scientology I think of this joke:

Whats the difference between a cult and a religion?
    2000 years

While it is a terrible money grabbing organisation that doesn't give a **** about those that are part of it as long as they keep paying, we accept it but judge Scientology. Maybe we should call their payments indulgences or mass cards so it isn't as bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Time for an oldie:

278784.gif

Any time I hear a christian complaining about Scientology I think of this joke:

Whats the difference between a cult and a religion?
    2000 years

While it is a terrible money grabbing organisation that doesn't give a **** about those that are part of it as long as they keep paying, we accept it but judge Scientology. Maybe we should call their payments indulgences or mass cards so it isn't as bad.
    If you leave Catholicism, the church doesn't force your remaining friends and family in the church to cut all contact with you ("disconnection").
    It doesn't charge you a "freeloader's fee" (if you were in the Sea Org) which could be thousands of dollars.
    It doesn't send people to follow you around, camp outside your house, put up posters in your neighbourhood saying you're a paedophile, send sex toys to your place of work, etc. ("Fair Game").
    While you pay for services in christian churches, you don't pay to "level up", as it were. If you want to rise through the ranks of Scientology, you have to pay hundreds of thousands for courses and materials.

(I can't believe I'm defending catholicism...):pac:. There are similarities of course, they have treated pregnant members terribly in the past. Whether that's having them give birth and then taking the child (Catholicism) or forcing them to have abortions (Scientology, you cannot have children if you are a member of the Sea-Org).

I can see how people may be come sucked in to stuff like Scientology. If they had spoken to me a couple of years ago a depressed gay person living a lie in the closet; I may have been in such a state of mind where they could exploit it. Cults never attract rational people but irrational people are easy for them

If you leave Catholicism, the church doesn't force your remaining friends and family in the church to cut all contact with you ("disconnection").
    It doesn't charge you a "freeloader's fee" (if you were in the Sea Org) which could be thousands of dollars.
    It doesn't send people to follow you around, camp outside your house, put up posters in your neighbourhood saying you're a paedophile, send sex toys to your place of work, etc. ("Fair Game").
    While you pay for services in christian churches, you don't pay to "level up", as it were. If you want to rise through the ranks of Scientology, you have to pay hundreds of thousands for courses and materials.

(I can't believe I'm defending catholicism...):pac:. There are similarities of course, they have treated pregnant members terribly in the past. Whether that's having them give birth and then taking the child (Catholicism) or forcing them to have abortions (Scientology, you cannot have children if you are a member of the Sea-Org).

I agree, as far as Christian sects go Catholics are pretty mundane now (In the past with the crusades and Inquisitions things were different), the Mormons and JW's have similar disdain for leavers as Scientologists. What about Islam in some countries like Saudi apostasy is a capital offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I agree that now they are very different but not too long ago they weren't. The church had no issue with false accusations and turning people against you or taking your money for indulgences. Technically it is not possible to become a non catholic once you are one.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

For those of you interested, I finished Jenna Miscavige Hill's book a while back. She is David Miscavige's(head of the church) niece. From a young age she was groomed for the Sea Org, but left the church in her early 20s(I think).

Its not a very well written book, but the life she had as both a child and an adult is shocking and a story that needs to be read. How the church have not been brought up on child labour laws at least is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I walked by these yesterday and their free stress test signs. These surely where you sceintologists as they had copies of their wonderful book dianetics for sale and to be pimped to anyone who took a free stress test.

The funniest thing I seen though was one of the Islam fellas and one of the Scientologists having what looked like a heated debate about their faiths, or maybe trying to convert each other. I really wanted to join them and give them my input on both works of fiction but I was with the wife and she doesn't like it when i argue with strangers.

I walked by these yesterday and their free stress test signs. These surely where you sceintologists as they had copies of their wonderful book dianetics for sale and to be pimped to anyone who took a free stress test.

The funniest thing I seen though was one of the Islam fellas and one of the Scientologists having what looked like a heated debate about their faiths, or maybe trying to convert each other. I really wanted to join them and give them my input on both works of fiction but I was with the wife and she doesn't like it when i argue with strangers.

If I had to choose I would rather be a Muslim than a Scientologist, at least Muslims have a concept about mental health.

Still they both treat ex-followers with similar levels of disdain

• Advertisement

I thought Scientologists were supposed to supportive of other religions. They're always harping on about how you can join Scientology if you're a Christian or a Muslim, etc.

I read Jenna Miscavige Hill's book too. The other poster is right in saying it's not very well written but it's to be expected since she was only ever in Scientology schools. It was very interesting though. Reading "Blown for good" by Marc Headley now. The award for most badass exit from the church definitely goes to him. (Escaped on a motorbike, chased by scientologists in jeeps, run off the road, rescued by the LAPD and given a police escort into town).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

thehouses wrote: »
    is scientology a religion?

Yes it does contain many cultic behaviours.
    or just pseudo-science/psychology sci-fi babble which is really a cult?

Yes it does exhibit the main characteristics of religion.

I thought Scientologists were supposed to supportive of other religions. They're always harping on about how you can join Scientology if you're a Christian or a Muslim, etc.

I read Jenna Miscavige Hill's book too. The other poster is right in saying it's not very well written but it's to be expected since she was only ever in Scientology schools. It was very interesting though. Reading "Blown for good" by Marc Headley now. The award for most badass exit from the church definitely goes to him. (Escaped on a motorbike, chased by scientologists in jeeps, run off the road, rescued by the LAPD and given a police escort into town).

Apparently these Scientology Schools are the reason why Tom Cruse's marriage with Katy Holmes failed, she didn't want their daughter subjected to the child camps and indoctrination found in scientology kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

At certain times in the church's history they might well have branded you a heretic, encourages your customers to boycott your business and/or haul you off to be tortured to confess that you're the spawn of Lucifer.
    FouxDaFaFa wrote:

They did however expect you to pay so you spent less time in purgatory at one time.
    FouxDaFaFa wrote:

I think that was more or less the Spanish Inquisition's job, though they took it several steps further.
    FouxDaFaFa wrote:

Used to be if you wanted to be a Bishop, Cardinal, etc. A large 'donation' could see you "level up". You were also expected to donate in the form of collections and, as previously mentioned, pay in order to spend less time in purgatory.
    FouxDaFaFa wrote:

I think Cathilicism's past has many similarities with Scientology's present. Who knows? Give them another few hundred years and they might be organising a crusade against the Mormons. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I did their 'free stress test' about 13/14 years ago in the Abbey Street centre, just on a whim. Didn't know a lot about them at the time, but had heard bits and pieces, invariably negative.

It didn't go well. I ended up having a long and rather heated argument with the guy which went on for a while until I eventually decided my day off would be better spent with a cold beer than this nonsense.

They're nothing if not persistent though. That was around 1999/2000 and they only stopped calling/emailing me about 3 or 4 years ago. At the time, not knowing so much about them, t was an interesting insight in to how they operate. The line of questioning was VERY personal, very invasive. No doubt it's easier to have a hold on someone if you know their darkest personal secrets.

Apparently these Scientology Schools are the reason why Tom Cruse's marriage with Katy Holmes failed, she didn't want their daughter subjected to the child camps and indoctrination found in scientology kids

I wouldn't be very happy if my spouse wanted our lad to be christened and join in the "brainwashing classes" in our government funded, local primary school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

This is the double standard though, as no doubt Katie wouldn't have minded if her kids were going to a christian school where they were made to read the bible and taught it as fact.

There really isn't much difference in the level of makey-uppery involved, and I daresay the Christian churches have done far more damage in their long and insidious history than what Scientology will ever do.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    The line of questioning was VERY personal, very invasive. No doubt it's easier to have a hold on someone if you know their darkest personal secrets.

Classic cult indoctrination. Force someone to confess their vulnerabilities to you and it leaves them open to your influence. Not only in the sense that they now know which buttons to press, but also because the act of making oneself vulnerable is the first step in accepting their authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How the church have not been brought up on child labour laws at least is beyond me.
    Intimidation and money. If they can't intimidate and threaten the former member, then they try to pay them off. If they can't do that, then they turn to local officials and threaten/bribe them.

They sue anybody and everybody about everything to the extent that people are afraid to challenge because of the cost of it.

I wouldn't be very happy if my spouse wanted our lad to be christened and join in the "brainwashing classes" in our government funded, local primary school.

I went to a Catholic school in England I was never really brainwashed, I was taught the Bible yes but thats it

There were lots of people in red tshirts in Galway today handing out leaflets to people. When I saw them, I immediately thought of this thread and was like "I can't believe they came all the way to Galway". One man reached out to me so I got ready for some serious evasive action, possibly with a few "you'll never take me alive!"s.

It was the Special Olympics giving out pizza.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

never had a stress test never met any scientolagists either are
    their many of them around

starskey77 wrote: »
    never had a stress test never met any scientolagists either are
    their many of them around
    This would suggest that there are about 40 in Ireland.

It also talks about how poorly the Irish branch is doing in terms of revenue. It's being propped up by foreign branches, presumably so the church can keep Ireland on the "number of countries we're active in" list.
    However, there is one place where we can get reliable information about Scientology's health. Ireland is the only country in the world that requires the church to open its books, that forces it to show its actual state of affairs. And In Ireland, the only place in the world we have hard, verified financial information, records actually show that Scientology is experiencing a disastrous drop in revenue since the Anonymous movement started in 2008.

This would suggest that there are about 40 in Ireland.

It also talks about how poorly the Irish branch is doing in terms of revenue. It's being propped up by foreign branches, presumably so the church can keep Ireland on the "number of countries we're active in" list.

Interesting point. In the UK the last census gave the number of scientologists around 2,500. It would be interesting to see how many there would be in the UK. Although the UK may be more important for them since Hubbard lived in England and their HQ used to be in Surrey.

Actually now I remember my Dad (an atheist) wasn't that impressed when for a while I turned out a Catholic 13 year old until I got a bite of reality after the ex-pope's various antics, getting interested in psychology and being gay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

asked me if I wanted to a "Free Stress Test" and there was this random film crew filming us which freaked me out she also asked if I heard about something called "dinetics" (Not sure about spelling) . I made an excuse ( I had a Luas to catch) and legged it....
    Don't worry, using my psychic powers I can give you the result of your personality test right now, even without you having to answer all the questions.
    You performed quite well (I hope you are suitably flattered)....
    but you are hampered by certain events in your past which are causing you ongoing stress. You should return ASAP to Scientology HQ for some "auditing" which can sort it all out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of using Abbey street chiropractor clinic and trinity chiropractor and natural health clinic, they are both run by scientologists. They do a lot of cheap deals through groupon etc to get new people in. Horribly creepy places. Trust me its not worth it. Pay a bit more and go somewhere that won't try to make you join a cult!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Like all money making scams it should be shut down by the Gardai

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone thinking of using Abbey street chiropractor clinic and trinity chiropractor and natural health clinic, they are both run by scientologists. They do a lot of cheap deals through groupon etc to get new people in. Horribly creepy places. Trust me its not worth it. Pay a bit more and go somewhere that won't try to make you join a cult!

This is a first venturing into chiropratory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

This is a first venturing into chiropratory

No Trinity has been open for over 10 years. Apparently dentists and chiro's in the states are targeted by scientology. Cant remember where I read that though.

Just in case you think Im making it up here is an article where Siobhan Ryan discusses being a scientologist Link
    And here is her advertising Trinity Chiropractic.
    Link

There are also dodgy posters on the walls and L. Ron book in the reception area.

calfmuscle wrote: »
    No Trinity has been open for over 10 years. Apparently dentists and chiro's in the states are targeted by scientology. Cant remember where I read that though.

Just in case you think Im making it up here is an article where Siobhan Ryan discusses being a scientologist Link
    And here is her advertising Trinity Chiropractic.
    Link

There are also dodgy posters on the walls and L. Ron book in the reception area.

Wow ok, being a Psychology PhD student at TCD makes me want to avoid any of these lot with a barge poll (I am their anti-christ lol)

• Advertisement
Advertisement