Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q's News - ASK THE OFFICE ANYTHING! *

Options
  • 14-06-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭

Several people have expressed an interest in what it is we actually do in Boards.HQ so we had a thought that we'd run an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread here and we'd love for you to reply with your questions (your post won't appear after you make it, it's just the way this particular forum is set up - don't post it loads of times :))

We'll then sit down in front of a camera and read out the questions and give the answers. If you want to direct any to a specific member of the team, feel free, we may not have time to get everyone involved though, but we'll do our best. Ask us about how we got our job, ask us about ourselves, ask us who's got the messiest desk (probably Dav, but he's got Lego on his). We may even give a quick sweep of the camera around the office so you can see us in action.

* Let us of course remember that some specific questions about the company can't/won't be answered and we reserve the right to make an eejit out of anyone who tries to be "clever" or vulgar or otherwise engages in Troll or Troll-like behaviour ;)

Added bonus: a year's subscription will be given out to the best questions - I don't know how many, but it'll be more than one and less than 10.

Let the questioning commence!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all.

We're going to be doing our first round of answers later on today - there've been some great questions, please keep them coming!

We'll probably do another round of answers on Friday.

And the first part of yesterday's video is up - we spent an hour answering some of these questions yesterday, so I've split it in two so that you'll be able to watch it a bit more easily.

Part 2 of yesterday's answer session is currently processing on Youtube and will be available shortly

Final part is now live!

That's all for now on these videos folks, but as I say on this last one, we hope to do more of this sort of thing as it's fun :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement