Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Boots: Atomic tracker 130s Sought

Options
  • 13-01-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of Atomic Tracker 130 ski boots in ski mondo size 29. I'd really like to hear from someone who has a pair of these for sale.

Thanks in advance,
    Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

daithi7; Boots were only launched in the last 2 years, so there are few on the 2nd hand market yet.

130 is a VERY stiff boot for most skiers, it is pretty much race stiff at 130 and up. You would want to be a big guy/Girl and a very strong skier to get the most from the 130 version.

Good luck and happy shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Fattes wrote: »
    daithi7; Boots were only launched in the last 2 years, so there are few on the 2nd hand market yet.

130 is a VERY stiff boot for most skiers, it is pretty much race stiff at 130 and up. You would want to be a big guy/Girl and a very strong skier to get the most from the 130 version.

Good luck and happy shopping

Thanks for the advice Fattes,

I was measured in Chamonix over NY, and it was they who recommended the Atomic tracker 130s for me. This was based on my foot which is long & narrow, my style of skiing which is aggressive & athletic, and what I will mostly ski which is lift served downhill (i.e. classic free riding).

They recommended the 2010/11 model as it has a narrower fit around the toes which should be better for me apparently.

I then went to another excellent boot fitter in Verbier in February, who actually had the 2010 tracker 130 in stock, but he thought the dynastar titans were the best looking fit for my foot & requirements.

I'm not at all sure, I like the idea of getting the stiffest, high performance boot I can, with walk mode to help with hiking or for the odd day's skiining or ski tour. The Atomic tracker 130s seem to fit that bill, so if anyone has a 2010/11 pair in ski mondo 29.5 I'd love to hear from them.

thanks,
    Daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cathalibm

Advertisement