Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need small with wide view (140 degree) video camera

• 15-11-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi Everybody.
    I hope I will find a help from you. I need to record a squash games for my son. But he doesn't like it to see me watching him. But his coach said that he needs to do it for look on his mistakes and improve his games.
    I have a camera with 120 degree view, but I have to put it on a stand in a couple of meters from a court, which not good as so many people try to walk around or even stand in front of it. If I put it on a wall of the court the picture will be cut off from the corners. I'm looking for a camera what can record squash games, but can be stick on a back (glass) wall. I found couple of them for an example: Example 1 or Example 2

But I'm note sure that it's a right one. Could you help me please.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

GoPro Hero has 170 degrees FOV at resolutions below 1080P.

http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah get a gopro hero3 black, record at 720p 120 fps. You should be able to find a mounting option that will let you fix it to wall. Use an iphone/android phone to remote control it.

By recording at 120fps you can do smooth slow motion or frame by frame for better analysis of his game. Down side is the camer is about 400.

GoPro hero 2 and 3's have a selectable field of view. 170 is wide, 127 is medium and 90 is narrow so you can tune it to the location of the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Rew wrote: »
    Yeah get a gopro hero3 black, record at 720p 120 fps. You should be able to find a mounting option that will let you fix it to wall. Use an iphone/android phone to remote control it.

By recording at 120fps you can do smooth slow motion or frame by frame for better analysis of his game. Down side is the camer is about 400.

GoPro hero 2 and 3's have a selectable field of view. 170 is wide, 127 is medium and 90 is narrow so you can tune it to the location of the camera.

GoPro Hero3 Cameras are available from €249 for the "White" Edition. Hero2 models are under €300 from some dealers now.

GoPro Hero3 Cameras are available from €249 for the "White" Edition. Hero2 models are under €300 from some dealers now.

Neither do 120FPS

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Gelena

Thank you Everybody. But I've got better deal (as I think). I bought '' White'' Edition GoPro Hero 3 with stand which can fix it to the glass wall for 235 dollars. Unfortunately it can filming only on 720p 50fps, but for me it is very good as I already did couple of films.
    Thank you very much for your advice, really appreciated.

• Advertisement

Gelena wrote: »
    Thank you Everybody. But I've got better deal (as I think). I bought '' White'' Edition GoPro Hero 3 with stand which can fix it to the glass wall for 235 dollars. Unfortunately it can filming only on 720p 50fps, but for me it is very good as I already did couple of films.
    Thank you very much for your advice, really appreciated.

Change it from pal to NTSC And you will get 10 extra fps

Advertisement