Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-10-2012, 21:16   #1
sheero_103

Sky in apartments

Someone help please!

I live in an apartment and have had sky for quite some time, but I recently upgraded to Sky+HD, which was fine. Only thing is that I cannot record a different channel to the one I am watching. A bit of a drawback. Apparently there is only feed coming into the apartment.......anyone with any ideas as to what I can do to be able to watch one channel and record something else? Also any ideas if multi room is a possibility?

Appreciate any suggestions!
Advertisement
15-10-2012, 21:36   #2
bryaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheero_103 View Post
Someone help please!

I live in an apartment and have had sky for quite some time, but I recently upgraded to Sky+HD, which was fine. Only thing is that I cannot record a different channel to the one I am watching. A bit of a drawback. Apparently there is only feed coming into the apartment.......anyone with any ideas as to what I can do to be able to watch one channel and record something else? Also any ideas if multi room is a possibility?

Appreciate any suggestions!
Get a second feed wired in..
15-10-2012, 21:37   #3
Hylus83

Does any other room in your apartment have a cable/satellite feed? If so, you would need the original installer to run a satellite signal via that second feed to your sky box, to allow you to view another channel or record two things at once.

That's how it's setup in my apartment block. There was only one central cable feeding the living room & another in a bedroom. They used the feed to the bedroom as the second feed & ran a cable to the living room.

Call your installer. If you're in Dublin, it will likely have been KBO who installed it in your block.
15-10-2012, 21:39   #4
lashed4ever

Yeah you need another wire feed from the dish, you more than likely have a quad LNB which means there should still be 3 holes beside the wire coming out of the dish just need to run the same wire into the back of your Box
15-10-2012, 23:35   #5
STB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylus83 View Post
Does any other room in your apartment have a cable/satellite feed? If so, you would need the original installer to run a satellite signal via that second feed to your sky box, to allow you to view another channel or record two things at once.

That's how it's setup in my apartment block. There was only one central cable feeding the living room & another in a bedroom. They used the feed to the bedroom as the second feed & ran a cable to the living room.

Call your installer. If you're in Dublin, it will likely have been KBO who installed it in your block.
Not really, most complexes these days have an independent installer to maintain the system. Getting more connections are dependent on the initial communal setup. Most non optic cable setups only have one sat cable in.
Advertisement
16-10-2012, 12:36   #6
sheero_103

There is only one central feed in the living room, there is just a standard tv socket in the bedroom.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion