Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Mobile Phones Needed

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

My little 7 year old girl has autism. I am trying to collect 185 old mobile phones to get her a teaching aid.

I have collected 48 myself but am running out of people to ask.
    Would anyone have any old phones they could donate. They don't need to have batteries or chargers and they can even have a damaged screen.

The scheme is run by:
    www.autismireland.ie

There is a draw for your 'mortgage paid for a year' for anyone who does donate a phone to me.

This could be your good deed for the day .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

There is a good few of us collecting also... :D

I think we cleaned out every phone from our family and friends in the Meath area!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80274652

I didn't have much luck here on boards, but putting a story in our local paper here netted us a good few in the end. - just something to consider. Also, put the call out to you facebook connections, many will return the favour.

Good luck with the collecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eadyzrx1200

Now up to 112 only need 185 phones, keep them coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

PM your address and I will send you on one. I might have about 3 or 4 between the entire house but im not sure, if I do, I will send them all on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Remember your target is an iPad2 16gb - not 185 phones.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FC770B/A
    Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi 32GB - Black (2nd Gen.) €379.00

You are only getting €2 a phone :eek:
    I'd have thought a fiver a phone was more resonable.

Some people will pay quite a bit for old reliable Nokia's so , with the donors permission , you might be better doing a factory reset and selling some of the phones.

If you ask nicely people can mix and match screens from broken phones ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Remember your target is an iPad2 16gb - not 185 phones.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FC770B/A
    Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi 32GB - Black (2nd Gen.) €379.00

You are only getting €2 a phone :eek:
    I'd have thought a fiver a phone was more resonable.

Some people will pay quite a bit for old reliable Nokia's so , with the donors permission , you might be better doing a factory reset and selling some of the phones.

If you ask nicely people can mix and match screens from broken phones ;)

Its usually the software that's the pricey part

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Its usually the software that's the pricey part
    Always forget just how much they can charge for that sort of software on the basis that some government or other will stump up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eadyzrx1200

Bump

Advertisement