Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adult Irish courses

• 19-06-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'd like to do a week long Irish course this summer in a Gaeltacht. I know of Glencolmcille and it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. However I'm concerned that I'd have a problem with Donegal Irish and anyway that's not really the dialect I want to perfect. Has anyone any experience of other similar courses??:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭cytex

Cathellen wrote: »
    I'd like to do a week long Irish course this summer in a Gaeltacht. I know of Glencolmcille and it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. However I'm concerned that I'd have a problem with Donegal Irish and anyway that's not really the dialect I want to perfect. Has anyone any experience of other similar courses??:)

I wouldnt be to bothered about dialects I find it better to expose yourself to as many different dialects as possible it is all the same language .

Most important thing is the sounds of Irish the rolling rs etc you need to learn these off native speakers and all native speakers have these sounds.

Odieas Gael has teachers and students from all over i know one teacher that is from dublin that goes to teach up there every year.

But to answer your question here is a link to adult course in the kerry gaeltacht.
    http://www.irishlanguageholidays.com/adult-courses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

Míle Buíochas.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Hi there,

Just wondering, where did you end up in the end? Did you go to Gleann Colm Cille in the end or end up somewhere else?

Was thinking of going to doing a course myself sometime this summer, so would be interested in hearing your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

Didn't do any course in the end but on the look out again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

No worries, feel free to share any information you come up with. I've discovered a friend went somewhere in Donegal last year, but not sure where. I'll let you know if I find out anything from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement