Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-04-2012, 16:45   #16
cocoshovel
Closed Account

GTA 1:Nothing overly special you could do really. I liked finding those random cars that had the 5 second time bombs in them. Also, trying to find a huge straight stretch of road and getting in a bus/oil tanker and driving so fast that the thing would start having a spaz attack and immediatly blow up if anything tipped off it.
Electric rail lines were fun too for just zapping yourself.

GTA 2:I loved running around the gang hideouts/factories and blow the crap out of the all and getting the worst reputation with them so they would fight back.
Ooh! stealing a taxi and picking up random people then taking them on the ride of their lifes!

Get outta my car asshole/gimmie your wallet! police help! etc etc

GTA 3: I used to go the all glass 2 story building in the middle of staunton island and shoot people and destroy cars from the second floor. The cops and Army couldnt get you up there especially if you parked your car on the stairs.
It was a short drive down from the internet cafe, which was similar in design.

Speaking of which, I used to go to the second floor of the internet cafe and wait for some person to stroll up there with me and when they walked in front of the windows I combat shotgunned them at short range so they flew back and out through the glass window onto the ground below. It was awesome.

GTA Vice City: I used to drive up and down the dual road between the Greasy Chopper and the docks on a Faggio with a 6 star wanted level, seeing how long I could survive the mental tanks and army trucks coming after me. You can last surprisingly long on that little thing, and it was great fun!

and damn the way if you left your car idle for more than 10 seconds some random dude always carjacked it.

I also think we all had great fun in the Malibu Club with a minigun or molotov cocktails

GTA SA: Far too many things to mention, but I loved using the give pedestrians weapons cheat, the all pedestrians fight cheat, and the chaos mode cheat (which turned the city into the way it was during the LS riots in story mode). Utter chaos in the streets! Peds blowing the crap out of each other, random lads shooting rockets into walls and ak47 fire all over the shop!

To top that off, I often hopped in a hydra and turned on a 6 star wanted level then engaging in dog fights with the other hydra's that come after you. If anything went wrong I would parachute down into the chaotic warzone city and try battle my way through side alleys and streets to get back to my safe house.

GTA IV: Meh, not a huge fan to be honest. Playing on top of the big crane in the city centre was fun with a high wanted level.

I could rant on about these games all day. Ill spare ye all though with my long enough post as it is.

Last edited by cocoshovel; 17-04-2012 at 16:51.
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 00:20   #17
the_syco

I find a roof that has a ramp on it. I get a high power bike, kill people, and then speed off the ramp and see how far I can go before I get shot.

Also, in GTA IV (or was it in SA?) speed into the airport, jump out of car, get minigun behind the container, and keep shooting anything that moved.
18-04-2012, 00:31   #18
Mc Love

The one thing I hated about SA was the Toy RC planes missions - f**king did my head in!
(4) thanks from:
20-04-2012, 15:29   #19
Viral Vector

Vice City is my favourite!

I usually take the Hunter and have a dogfight with the VCPD heli over the waters of Vice City!
20-04-2012, 15:40   #20
Redzer7

I remember having a cheat for San Andreas (I think) where you pressed something and pedestrians would follow you and act as gang members.

I would then go look for a random cúnt, and punch the feckin' head off him with all my gang of pedestrians laying into him, used to have great craic doing this, hours of fun!

After I got bored of this, which took quite some time, i loved basically just starting fist fights with anyone I seen.
Absolutely great craic, can't wait for the new one to come out.
Advertisement
20-04-2012, 23:47   #21
P4DDY2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzer7 View Post
I remember having a cheat for San Andreas (I think) where you pressed something and pedestrians would follow you and act as gang members.

I would then go look for a random cúnt, and punch the feckin' head off him with all my gang of pedestrians laying into him, used to have great craic doing this, hours of fun!

After I got bored of this, which took quite some time, i loved basically just starting fist fights with anyone I seen.
Absolutely great craic, can't wait for the new one to come out.
I used to use the same cheat, i'd recruit about 4 people, get them in the coastguard helicopter, bring them to the top of a building and then throw tear gas at them until they kept backing away and fell off the building, dunno why but that used to keep me busy for hours.
21-04-2012, 21:52   #22
cocoshovel
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzer7 View Post

Do this along with the "give pedestrians weapons" cheat and you will have you own personal army. Attack/get attacked and they will all blow the crap out of them with their guns. Just be careful not to recruit someone holding a rocket launcher
21-04-2012, 22:53   #23
wnolan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoshovel View Post
Do this along with the "give pedestrians weapons" cheat and you will have you own personal army. Attack/get attacked and they will all blow the crap out of them with their guns. Just be careful not to recruit someone holding a rocket launcher
Or better yet, do recruit someone with a rocket launcher and head into Rollin' Heights Ballaz territory and let hilarity ensue during Turf Wars!
(2) thanks from:
21-04-2012, 22:57   #24
Redzer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoshovel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnolan1992 View Post
Or better yet, do recruit someone with a rocket launcher and head into Rollin' Heights Ballaz territory and let hilarity ensue during Turf Wars!
See lads this took the fun out of it for me There was nothing better than seeing 5 of my men trying to punch some innocent fecker around also pair this with the super punch and your away with the faries haha.
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 23:00   #25
the_big_shmoke

music in vice city.

nuff said.
27-04-2012, 10:51   #26
Lionel Messy
Banned

I love blowing **** up with sticky bombs in TBOGT. Planting aload of them in burger shot then have them exploding is fun. I love bombing anything really, bus stops, cars, the pub, it's all good.
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 19:04   #27
WoollyRedHat

I remember that mission in GTA 3 were you had to pick up a car off someone down by the docks, with this girl. It was a cheetah or something. Anyway, discovered you could kill the guy and still pass the mission, so I got immense pleasure out of this fact, and thought oh yeah, now I'm in Liberty city
07-05-2012, 14:31   #28
Maye83

I love the Grand Theft Auto series, from my first play of GTA on the Playstation 1 in a friend's house back in secondary school (remember that overhead camera view with visible bullets!), to the present installment of games on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

But it was upon first hearing this theme music on the PS2…

…followed by the early objective involving a cycle through the hood in early 90's Los Santos, where you could gun down rivals gang members on the streets shouting "gimme them duckets!", while progressing to the point of cruising through the air over the deserts of Las Venturas in a helicopter with Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" playing over the radio, that made me think; This. Is. The. Shit.

I consequently spent way too many hours playing San Andreas (I think my total playing time was over 250hrs by the time I gave up) picking up the elusive 100.00% in the process. I was so enthralled with the game that I once went to the top of the map and swam north for an hour to see if there was anything out there!

When I heard that GTA V would be set in San Andreas again, I gave myself the cold objective of achieving 100% in all of the games of the GTA IV era before V came out.

GTA IV

GTA: The Lost And Damned

GTA: The Ballad Of Gay Tony

Mission accomplished! GTA, serious business

I got the 100% in LA Noire just before this and GTA IV looked so dated compared to it, the vehicle handling seemed cartoonish and difficult to control so I hope that's something they improve on with V. I'm looking forward to it, I'm gonna take my time and go on plenty of random acts of destruction as opposed to just playing for the 100%.
(3) thanks from:
08-05-2012, 14:57   #29
Elvis_Presley

dude - you should put that on your CV!
08-05-2012, 15:06   #30
GaryIrv93
Closed Account

With GTA SA for the PS2, for me it was mainly using cheats for the Hydra and then mostly bomb the crap out of cars on the highways + chase any other Hydras that came after me. Shot them down too. Never got boring! I never really did any missions apart from the odd Vigilante missions - was happy enough in the Hydra.

GTA IV was by far the most fun game I've played online

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion