Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Snus online

Options
  • 23-04-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

I'm interested in buying Snus from a Swedish website and just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of this.

There is a disclaimer on the website which points out that there may be customs issues in some countries and I am aware that the sale of Snus is illegal in EU countries apart from Sweden.

Has anybody ordered and received Snus online recently? Has anybody had any issues with customs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

"The sale of snus is illegal in the European Union, but due to exemptions, it is still manufactured and consumed primarily in Norway and Sweden"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@mongdesade - What is your point?

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I have about 6 tubs of it, must be about 8 years old now got them as a birthday present, never opened after the first one. If they don't go off you're free to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

@ Mongdesade, thanks for the response, I'm already aware of the legislation regarding sale and consumption of Snus. I wanted to know how this effects shipping of Snus from Sweden to Ireland.

@ Caff, cheers for the offer. From what I've been reading, Snus has a very short shelf life of only a few weeks and should ideally be kept refrigerated, so I reckon the cans you have will be long out of date.

I placed an order yesterday so I'll post back here if and when it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

smithcity wrote: »
    @ Mongdesade, thanks for the response, I'm already aware of the legislation regarding sale and consumption of Snus. I wanted to know how this effects shipping of Snus from Sweden to Ireland.

@ Caff, cheers for the offer. From what I've been reading, Snus has a very short shelf life of only a few weeks and should ideally be kept refrigerated, so I reckon the cans you have will be long out of date.

I placed an order yesterday so I'll post back here if and when it arrives.
    Surely if the sale is prohibited here it is also illegal to import Snus into any country within the EU? Is it legal to import cannabis into Ireland from The Netherlands just because they have more relaxed laws on the sale and supply?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Is it legal to import cannabis into Ireland from The Netherlands just because they have more relaxed laws on the sale and supply?
    They have more relaxed laws but cannabis is not legal in the Netherlands in the way snus is legal in Sweden. Snus is not a controlled substance in Ireland the way cannabis is. It's just illegal to sell it here.

That said, I've no idea if importing it from Sweden to Ireland, as smithcity is attempting to do, is legit.

Well, my Snus arrived in the post yesterday without any issues. Very nice stuff, I'll definitely be ordering more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Hmm would love to see what its like!
    Would it stop the craving for a smoke?
    How much does it cost to import?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shanered wrote: »
    Hmm would love to see what its like!
    Would it stop the craving for a smoke?
    How much does it cost to import?

supposedly yes, and I'd believe it. I'd imagine it still needs a bit of will power as the hand to mouth action and the actual smoke itself are still a bit part of th ehabit but they'll definitely satisfy the nicotine craving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

well to be honest im yet to actually want to give up!:D
    but if i was id prob try this stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah, e-cigarettes so then you can still blow "smoke" in peoples faces if they're annoying you
    but this is the smoking forum, so I wont say more than that.

I have to say it's really very nice. I bought all extra strong brands and the nicotine in them packs a serious punch, the stimulant effect is very strong, almost too strong. Next time I'll be ordering some milder brands, so I can have a strong one to perk me up in the morning, and weaker ones at night.

The hand to mouth action that Chicken Digby Caesar mentions is a bit of an issue, usually after a meal or a cuppa, when you would usually reach for the rollies, but I haven't had a ciggie since the snus arrived.

The website I ordered from had an option to get delivery by courier for €11.65 or by post for €2.75. I opted for post and my snus arrived after four or five working days.

I'd recommend it to anyone who was curious about trying a different way of taking their tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

A Swedish guy gave me some of his when I was in Gran Canaria. I have to say I can't see what the appeal is. I can't imagine its good for your gums either. It didn't suppress my nicotine cravings anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

caff wrote: »
    I have about 6 tubs of it, must be about 8 years old now got them as a birthday present, never opened after the first one. If they don't go off you're free to take them.

Hey there Caff

Have you still got that snus, ill buy it off ya

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Snus is an illigal substance in the European Union since 1992 and as such there is no dealing of it on this site.
    /End Thread.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement