Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2011, 17:56   #1
jujumushu

Send a message via Skype™ to jujumushu
MINECRAFT Lego!

Anyone else losing their minds?
Also.. are Mojang actually going to make it themselves... or that other company?
Advertisement
06-12-2011, 18:06   #2
chin_grin
Closed Account

Well it'd literally be it in analog form wouldn't it? I'd like to own a lego creeper though..........and Enderman...........Maybe I'll just buy one.........or two.........of the little packs...............And then work up from there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/06/mi...inecraft-lego/

Quote:
Shut the shops down, people, Christmas is solved. Mojang have successfully pitched the idea for Lego Minecraft on Lego Cuusoo, a site that lets visitors vote on their favourite Lego prototypes. The sets aren’t in full production yet, but the idea has been so popular that the Cuusoo site has been struggling to deal with the traffic since Mojang man Daniel Kaplan tweeted about the project.

“We are working directly with LEGO to make this happen. Please vote again ” reads Kaplan’s tweet.

“Minecraft is about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine in the virtual world. You can build anything you imagine with LEGO bricks in the physical world. Minecraft and LEGO were meant to be together,” say Mojang on Cuusoo, adding that “we will work with the LEGO Group to secure a licensing agreement and donate the 1% royalty from LEGO CUUSOO to charity.”

The idea already has more than 5,000 supporters. It’ll surely succeed. Minecraft is already like exploring a world of living lego. When Lego Minecraft is released, someone will make a stop motion Lego animation of their adventures in Minecraft then the universe will implode and it will be brilliant. Who wants Minecraft Lego for Christmas?

Tags: DO WANT, Featured, LEGO, Lego Minecraft, Minecraft, Mojang
Thanks from:
06-12-2011, 18:22   #3
jujumushu

Well I know what I want for Christmas...or next Christmas..or just like happy Friday or something..basically SOMEONE BUY ME MINECRAFT LEGO
08-12-2011, 13:42   #4
gavmcg92

Very cool the way they have the ore blocks done. From the picture it looks like you can destruct them and remove the coal/iron ingots etc.
08-12-2011, 13:54   #5
jujumushu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavmcg92 View Post
Very cool the way they have the ore blocks done. From the picture it looks like you can destruct them and remove the coal/iron ingots etc.
OMG minegasm! I didn't notice that
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 13:31   #6
chin_grin
Closed Account

http://gizmodo.com/5885616/the-offic...ld-set-is-here

Quote:
The Official Lego Minecraft Micro World Set Is Here
In January, it was announced that Lego would release an official Minecraft set. The idea represents a perfect match, which probably should have come sooner. But now it's here, and it looks awesome.

The Brothers Brick has offered up some photos of the new set, which includes two of Minecraft's most iconic characters—Steve and a Creeper—represented as "Micro Mobs" and splits into four sections.

The set came into being after 10,000 Lego and Minecraft fans voted for it on Lego Cuusoo— an official Lego site, on which fans can post their own creations and vote to make them a reality.

The set will be avaiable in summer 2012, and it can be pre-ordered through Jinx for $34.99. [The Brothers Brick]
Thanks from:
16-02-2012, 20:53   #7
shabouwcaw

pity the chunks arent 16x16..
(2) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 21:11   #8
Quazzie
Subscriber

Anyone else disappointed in how it looks?
17-02-2012, 10:19   #9
chin_grin
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
Anyone else disappointed in how it looks?
Was thinking that if I emptied my lego box I could probably make that without buying the sets.

I guess I will pick up the small ones if they come with characters. (Or just the creeper........but even it looks a little........"thrown together on a Friday evening" job).
Advertisement
02-06-2012, 13:31   #10
dpahealy

Finally released on LEGO shop at home.
http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Minecraft-21102

Definitely have to put my order in, a model worth having

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text