Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-12-2011, 10:53   #1
pricewise987

Santa's Village - Killarney

Hi there

Santa's Village in Killarney opened yesterday.

http://www.santasvillage.ie/index.htm

Was thinking of going with the gang -

Ticket prices: €10 per adult, €15 per child (including a present) and €50 for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children). Children under 12 months go free but will not receive a present from Santa unless full child rate is paid..."

Did anyone go yesterday?

What's the story like?

Is it worth 50 notes?

Thanks
Advertisement
04-12-2011, 21:34   #2
Molzer2

Hi,
It's a lot of cash to fork out alright, I had a guick look around the markets area yesterday and tbh wasn't overly impressed with the offering at the stalls.
Only a few of them had nice Christmassy fare but first thing I had to pass was a huge stall selling loose pick & mix sweets, having already negotiated a large stall selling the same stuff on Main St I was a bit p.....d off at that stage. One of these guys charged me €3 for two jelly snakes last summer at the bike-fest and I said never again. Trouble is it's hard getting that through to the kids.

There was a stall selling crepes, another selling hot dogs, another selling hot socks, another selling loose sweets (pick & mix), another one had what looked to be nice baking.

There's a really nice looking Victorian style fairground pony carousel type thing, looks really nice. Not sure of the price, I'd say it's lovely at night.

I heard someone that the animal part wasn't fully set up that time yesterday.

All in all, you'll need to budget for a bit more than the fee for Santa and the range of stuff for sale in the stalls was diappointing.
05-12-2011, 16:19   #3
oeb

Send a message via MSN to oeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molzer2 View Post
There's a really nice looking Victorian style fairground pony carousel type thing, looks really nice. Not sure of the price, I'd say it's lovely at night.
It was €2.50 when my young fella had a go on Saturday.
05-12-2011, 16:32   #4
pricewise987

Bookings are taken for 30 minute intervals...

How long do you get to stay there?

Am thinking of going for the €50 family package

Is it a good setup there and is it worth it?

Ta...
05-12-2011, 20:05   #5
Cormacky

Yea went there yesterday with my 5 and 2 year old. Its really good. With out spoiling it for you it's more like a small panto where the audiance move. You go from the gingerbread kitchen to the elves dorm on to the coms room (the best part happens hear apart from Santa of course) then santas bedroom and down to meet the man himself. It took us about 40min to go through the house. Well worth the money

The vintage Carocel is fantastic. The music and lights from it creates a great atmosphere. From talking to the traders in the market they expect it really to kick off next weekend when about another 20 traders are booked to come in.

All in all well worth the visit. Hope you enjoy
Advertisement
09-10-2013, 18:23   #6
mok86
Closed Account

Does anyone know when the santa's village website opens up for Christmas 2013??
09-10-2013, 20:22   #7
dmeehan

December?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size