Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2011, 21:05   #1
RDMH

Viber - Double contacts in contacts list

As the title says, I have the double of every contact in my Viber contacts list, anyone any suggestions?? I have searched this forum and didn't see that anyone else has experienced this so any help/advice would be appreciated.
Advertisement
23-06-2011, 08:48   #2
Viber

Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.
23-06-2011, 12:02   #3
RDMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.
Thanks for clearing this up, sounds exactly like what has happened as my contacts are imported from Exchange. Is this something that you are looking to fix in a future update?
23-06-2011, 12:39   #4
Viber

For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug').
We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.
26-06-2012, 09:28   #5
murphman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug').
We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.

I have the exact same problem.. It's a pain.
Advertisement
26-06-2012, 09:32   #6
mad muffin

I guess it wasn't fixable in iOS5.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size