Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32LD450 Full HD TV for £219 on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Zardoz wrote: »
    Fantastic price on this LG TV on Amazon with free delivery to Ireland.
    It works out at a little over 250 euro for a full HD tv and it also supports Saorview as it has an Mpeg4 tuner.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003FMSIQ8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Looks pretty good alright.
    Might take one, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Bought one a few weeks back and was around £240. At current price its an absolute bargain IMHO. Saorview and MHEG5 text working fine.

Great TV, can unlock the USB to play movies too if you manage to get into the service menu. Worked for me anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's gotten a great review here:
    http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/lg-32ld450-42ld450-20101120901.htm
    I'd like to see it working first in a shop, I can't find any on the pc world site, does anyone know if anywhere is selling them to go have a look?

Powercity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Great bargain to be fair, its almost unbelievable that you can get a decent 32" set from a decent brand for under 250€. Watch out with the black level though, if you are used to better, it will be a bit disappointing but for 250€ really. Whats great about LG sets too is that they always have very good build quality, no matter how cheap the set is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

Apologies for the ignorance, but my UPC box doesn't have a HDMI out socket - it's SCART only. How would I watch it on this set?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

long_b wrote: »
    Apologies for the ignorance, but my UPC box doesn't have a HDMI out socket - it's SCART only. How would I watch it on this set?

The tv has a scart port.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

V. good price. I was looking at same TV on Ebuyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have this TV and I have to say it's excellent. It has a built in USB media player that plays any video file I've thrown at it to date off USB sticks and HDs. It's definitely a good buy.

I'm absolutely sickened to see it at this price because we paid double this for it in DID a few months ago.

I'm a troglodyte when it comes to HD - everything I have is SD.
    Would SD telly look poxy on this ?
    Ive got some old PCs I'd like to use to stream YouTube, SD movies etc
    - would they be able to "drive" this yoke ? What kind of monitor resolution would look decent on a 32" ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

V. good price. I was looking at same TV on Ebuyer.

Ebuyer only recently ceased delivering to Ireland, thankfully Amazon are now shipping 32" TV's and their customer service is excellent.

I'm a troglodyte when it comes to HD - everything I have is SD.
    Would SD telly look poxy on this ?
    Ive got some old PCs I'd like to use to stream YouTube, SD movies etc
    - would they be able to "drive" this yoke ? What kind of monitor resolution would look decent on a 32" ?

I'm the same, SD all the way! It looks fine on the 32inch... no problem at all. I don't stream much youtube but I have streamed megavideo tv shows etc & they've been fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I have this TV and I have to say it's excellent. It has a built in USB media player that plays any video file I've thrown at it to date off USB sticks and HDs.

Could you play movies off a external harddrive directly without the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pacino

Can somebody pm me on how to enable the video playback? Great tv at a great price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mjmc4004

bought this tv especially because of the media player and cant figure out how to unlock it......
    searched the internet and cant make scence of it....
    is there an easy way of doing it :confused:
    any help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

1. Use a universal remote with IR functionality

2. Programme it to control LG by using code 12182.

3. Press the magic button ONCE

4. Type 00018

5. Type 0413 in the password box (to gain access to settings menu)

6. Then go to tool3 and set DivX from 0 to 1.

Have not tried this yet, biebiebie used a variation of the above.

biebiebie, perhaps you could post the step by step process that was successful for you?

I recommend trying out a universal remote control on this TV. Try out all the LG codes. Whilst using an old Lidl one I accidentally brought up the service menu. Funny that. Btw 0413 is a favourite number of mine just saying ;)

BadgerMonkey beat me to it!, he gives good advice there. A little less cryptic than my post too (didn't want to offend mods)

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Could you play movies off a external harddrive directly without the pc

Yup you can! It's great, very reliable little media player.

What's all this business about "unlocking" it? What does that do exactly ?

I didn't have to do anything to get it to play movies. Just stick the USB in and they played no problem. The media player is one of the main features of the TV. Is there some extra functionality if you unlock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

I have this TV and I have to say it's excellent. It has a built in USB media player that plays any video file I've thrown at it to date off USB sticks and HDs. It's definitely a good buy.

I'm absolutely sickened to see it at this price because we paid double this for it in DID a few months ago.

we have the 37" model in stock, cant remember having a 32" in stock over the past year. amazing price on that set though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is super saver delivery ok on this item? Would it get banged around much do ya think?

What's all this business about "unlocking" it? What does that do exactly ?

I didn't have to do anything to get it to play movies. Just stick the USB in and they played no problem. The media player is one of the main features of the TV. Is there some extra functionality if you unlock it?

For whatever reason, USB movie playback is disabled on the xxLD450 and reference to it was removed from model spec on the LG website. Without hacking it, the USB is only good for MP3 & JPEG playback.

The remote hack allows you to enable video functionality by accessing the service menu.

You seem to have got lucky somehow, when did you buy the TV?

For whatever reason, USB movie playback is disabled on the xxLD450 and reference to it was removed from model spec on the LG website. Without hacking it, the USB is only good for MP3 & JPEG playback.

The remote hack allows you to enable video functionality by accessing the service menu.

You seem to have got lucky somehow, when did you buy the TV?

Thanks Badgermonkey :)

Goodness, it's really not like me to get lucky with these things. I bought mine last summer sometime. I hope I haven't misled anyone with my comments about the media player being great then. I had no idea I was an exception to the rule. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I think a lot of boardsies have taken the plunge on this tv.
    It has gone from 'In Stock' to 'Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months' in the past few hours.

It's 10 % less than RRP according to Amazon - is that really a big bargain ?

Well it's €340 in powercity:
    LG 32LD45

Thats not the rrp, this tv was over 300£ not so long ago, this is much more than 10% of the rrp, no doubt about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

CMpunked wrote: »
    Well it's €340 in powercity:
    LG 32LD45
    Yes but Power City will generally match price and you are supporting Irish jobs.

I reckon they'd be making a loss if they price matched Amazon on this..

EDIT: That was quick, Amazon seem to be out of stock of it, now quoting "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months" for delivery. Probably wont take that long but would certainly be over a week, i reckon

• Advertisement

Yes but Power City will generally match price and you are supporting Irish jobs.

I would support them if they could price match online prices.

Advertisement