Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-10-2010, 22:28   #16
The_Morrigan
Morrígu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJD View Post
Never mind that, imagine playing Jean Valjean in fron of Colm Wilkinson
This is true, but I'm a girl so I'll instantly hone in on the female parts lol

We did a production of Man of La Mancha a few years back - a show CT also performed in - during the interval someone spotted him sitting in the audience.
Now to an amateur society there was a mixture of "OMG I can't believe it" & "Who the hell is CT Wilkinson??" He very nicely came backstage and spoke to the cast & crew, it was all very nice I must say.

Interestingly enough, back to the Les Mis concert, I noticed at the end that the Demo Phantom of the Opera (CT) and the new sequel Phantom (Ramin) were sharing a mic!!
Advertisement
16-11-2010, 13:09   #17
1_Tyreman

Hi All,
Have seen Les Mis twice, first time a long number of years ago in London and more recently in the point (sorry O2 for the children) with CT playing Valjean. One of the greatest musical experiences of my life apart from discovering that my children actually have a good voice unlike me.

Otherwise its Blood brothers, Phantom, showboat etc that rocks my craddle.

Regards,

Mike

PS Also like CT's version of Man of La mancha (spelt wrong but what the hell you get the idea).
16-11-2010, 13:21   #18
The_Morrigan
Morrígu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Tyreman View Post
Hi All,
Have seen Les Mis twice, first time a long number of years ago in London and more recently in the point (sorry O2 for the children) with CT playing Valjean. One of the greatest musical experiences of my life apart from discovering that my children actually have a good voice unlike me.

Otherwise its Blood brothers, Phantom, showboat etc that rocks my craddle.

Regards,

Mike

PS Also like CT's version of Man of La mancha (spelt wrong but what the hell you get the idea).

Snap
Saw that show in the Point too.
Going to see CT on Sunday night in the Grand Canal Theatre with my Dad
16-11-2010, 15:18   #19
1_Tyreman

Ah, the joys of living within the pail, us country bumkins have to wait for the travelling circus to get to us now for a bit of entertainment.... or else watch "this week in politics" for a laugh.

Enjoy the show, I think its coming to UL so all is not yet lost!

Regards,
Mike
16-11-2010, 15:21   #20
The_Morrigan
Morrígu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Tyreman View Post
Ah, the joys of living within the pail, us country bumkins have to wait for the travelling circus to get to us now for a bit of entertainment.... or else watch "this week in politics" for a laugh.

Enjoy the show, I think its coming to UL so all is not yet lost!

Regards,
Mike
HA! sure my Dad is travelling up from the sticks for it
CT usually plays throughout the country, so you could be lucky.
Advertisement
24-11-2010, 02:59   #21
wet-paint

Aye, saw him in UL: there last friday.
He sounded splendid, but there were a few nuances I didn't like from the band.
One thing that stuck out like sand in my eye, was in the encore, he sand Bring Him Home. It wasn't the version from the show, but one arranged slightly different to be able to be played on its own.
The bass player had a double bass, and electric bass to choose from, and he decided on the electric. It sounded bloody horribly, you couldn't get the real pianissimo notes from the bass that you could with the bow and double bass, every note sounded too heavy and too loud, especially when the piano was just delicately plinking away.
26-11-2010, 12:07   #22
Eoinite

This was really Brilliant, i would recommend it to everyone! The cast were amazing and the seats i had were ok. But we really made a night of it as we had dinner too.

If you haven't seen it then you really do need to go!
01-12-2010, 10:49   #23
TheatreBoy

I Was There, It Was AMAZING.

Was Wondering Around The o2 During The Interval And Saw Raminn Kairmloo And Norm Lewis Chatting Away Outside Their Dressing Room.

I Tried To Go Through The Door To Where They Were But The 6'7 Security Guy Was Having None Of It...
Thanks from:
17-12-2010, 18:58   #24
The_Morrigan
Morrígu

I bought the dvd and I've just managed to sit down and watch it through..brought tears to my eyes when the newest Valjean came in during the 4 part...absolutely fantastic.
Nice touch for the 3 to step back and leave CT to finish the song on his own too.
Advertisement
30-12-2010, 12:33   #25
delboyfagan

I was there at evening performance. Wife got me tickets for 40th. Absolutely fantastcic. The guy who sat beside me at the start apologised in advance that he was gonna cry as he knew he would be so emotional.

When Alfie Boe sang Bring Him Home I looked around and nearly everyone was crying.

Just saw DVD and before CT sings the start of Bring Him Home a dublin lad shows 'Go On Colm' and he gives a little smile and Michael Ball breaks out laughing. That was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm famous
30-12-2010, 13:44   #26
The_Morrigan
Morrígu

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboyfagan View Post
I was there at evening performance. Wife got me tickets for 40th. Absolutely fantastcic. The guy who sat beside me at the start apologised in advance that he was gonna cry as he knew he would be so emotional.

When Alfie Boe sang Bring Him Home I looked around and nearly everyone was crying.

Just saw DVD and before CT sings the start of Bring Him Home a dublin lad shows 'Go On Colm' and he gives a little smile and Michael Ball breaks out laughing. That was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm famous
I'll have to go watch that now
03-01-2011, 00:15   #27
AndrewJD

Finally got the DVD, watching through it now. I was a bit 'unkeen' on Norm Lewis before, but after rewatching Stars I've realised his slightly different take is on par with Mr Quast. The same applies to Lea Salonga versus my previous favourite (from the last concert) Ruthie Henshall. It's not the same, but it's not worse. The only person I still think wasn't the best choice is Mr Jonas, not impressed.
04-01-2011, 22:55   #28
supersaintpats

anyone any idea when a production of Les Mis might be coming to Dublin again?
05-01-2011, 01:41   #29
AndrewJD

There's no news of anything, as far as I can find. It wouldn't be for a good few years if I had to guess, maybe fitting with the 30th anniversary?

On the other hand, because the movie seems to be in development right now, it's release in a year or so may spur enough interest to have another tour. Keep your fingers crossed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion