Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Church Services TV

• 20-12-2009 1:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

I am sure some people will be aware that there is a number of churches across Ireland that have a camera installed and we can see what is happening right throughout the day.

Does this happen only in the Catholic Church or is there other churches in Ireland and maybe britain that has a live camera in it that shows what happens on the net.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Phibsboro7

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I am sure some people will be aware that there is a number of churches across Ireland that have a camera installed and we can see what is happening right throughout the day.

Does this happen only in the Catholic Church or is there other churches in Ireland and maybe britain that has a live camera in it that shows what happens on the net.

www.churchservices.tv are actively recruiting churches from the Anglican, Methodist and Presbyterian faiths as well as other christian churches in Ireland and the England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Congratulations on finding a one year old thread!

There is little activity in Protestant Churches that would warrant a 24x7 internet video stream. Some churches are considering video recording of services, but many would audio-record services and/or sermons for internet or CD distribution

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

I set up a ustream account for our church. Not sure if it will amount to anything. I will report back here if it does!!

On a similar track. I positively come out in boils over the state of christian TV.

Here what i want to see. Something that's not health and wealth (for the wealthy and healthy mind you!!) and something that's not cheesy. I would like it to be reformed. Is is possible i ask. Hello? Hello? Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

ok that site is cool but at night its a little weird... Theres about ten or so churches with a live stream of the inside of their church- when its pitch black!!

At the very least its a waste of electricity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

If it is services only you wish, my church has a live broadcast of these. Recordings are also downloadable.

Lurgan Baptist
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=2311

Hebrews 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

wolfsbane wrote: »
    If it is services only you wish, my church has a live broadcast of these. Recordings are also downloadable.

Lurgan Baptist
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=2311

Hebrews 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.

I always laugh when i hear people say My Church as if they founded it or they owned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I always laugh when i hear people say My Church as if they founded it or they owned it.

Do you laugh when people say 'my country' (as if they founded Ireland) or 'my school', or 'my town'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

PDN wrote: »
    Do you laugh when people say 'my country' (as if they founded Ireland) or 'my school', or 'my town'?

Yes, and when people, mostly soccer supporters talk of My Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Phibsboro7 wrote: »
    www.churchservices.tv are actively recruiting churches from the Anglican, Methodist and Presbyterian faiths as well as other christian churches in Ireland and the England.

What are their set up costs like for the churches which get involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Yes, and when people, mostly soccer supporters talk of My Team.
    So you refer to your Mommy and Daddy as Mr. & Mrs. Tom???
    John 20:12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”
    She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AJH070775

johnfás wrote: »
    What are their set up costs like for the churches which get involved?

The last I heard. The Dublin Based Company www.churchservices.tv/ are about 3500 plus VAT for a single camera set up (more if you have a multi camera, which most do ) then 250 per month from then on.

The Northern Irish MCN (mcnmedia.tv/) do it cheaper but they don't let you record your service or view it on a mobile phone. Church services TV also have a box where you can view the services on a normal tv set.

Advertisement