Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get rid of "yellow fingers"?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, how do you get rid of "yellow fingers"? Is there any special soaps, or home-made recipes that have worked for you? Have a partial yellow finger which I'd like to see cleaned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

bleach (diluted) and a nail brush.
    Be careful with bleach though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

not certain
    but would a lemon work??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Toothpaste is quite effective i find.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jif, or whatever its called now, any similar cream cleaner. The toothpaste would be a milder abrasive, same sort of idea.

A pumice stone might do it too, or a plastic pot scourer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I've heard lemon juice before, the guy who told me was one of these lads who has a working solution for everything so I'd trust it to a certain degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Mix some salt and and a tea-spoon full of tooth whitener toothpaste.

Steep your fingers in water as hot you can bare for 2 mins to soften the skin.
    Then use the mixture along with a hard brissled tooth-brush to scrub the yellow areas.

Works for me.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Bleach is your only man, I would advise washing your hands in it once a day at low dilution to prevent the yellowing. Or else you'll have to use it once a week in high concentration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Carl.Gustav

If the smoke doesn't pass over your fingers you won't get stained, watch how you hold the cigarette and just ensure the tip is above your fingers,

it's not a biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Prevention is better then cure so use a cigarette holder.
    Now before you go off sniggering about how effete it seems think about some of the benifits of using a holder.
    For rollie smokers you can get a holder with replacable charcole filters.
    You can get flavoured filters.
    You can get non filtered.
    It keeps your fingers clean.
    It helps reduce both tooth and whisker staining.

It could be the bling of your smoking accoutrements. Brass Zippo, silver tobacco/ciggy case, silver skins case, 4" ebony holder. Suave. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OldGoat wrote: »
    Now before you go off sniggering about how effete it seems think about some of the benifits of using a holder.
    Now the yellow fingers are cured I need advice on covering up the black eye that some scumbag will give me ;)

Off to the fashion & appearance forum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

Throw away the fags and never smoke again, your fingers will be clean in a few days.
    If only it were that easy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

just get an emery board/nail file and gently buff the yellow patch away. works perfectly, no hassel with bleach, lemons soaking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭My.testicals

I second the toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

washing powder very small drop of water and scrub for 30 seconds, used to do the trick for me, 4 years off them next may 40 a day for 32 years and still love to smell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

cilit bang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

OldGoat wrote: »
    Prevention is better then cure so use a cigarette holder.

Do many places sell cigarette holders? I've always wanted to pick up a cheap one, partly for the novelty of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I see plenty at antique fairs and boot sales and second hand shops. Picked up two for a friend -one made of ivory and the other was one of the long 12" wimminz Hollywood style - for €5.00 each.

New ones with filter systems are available online though truth be told I've never looked for them in tobacconists.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

face1990 wrote: »
    Do many places sell cigarette holders? I've always wanted to pick up a cheap one, partly for the novelty of it!
    Don't get a cheapo one, as the springs are usually fairly useless, and thus they don't hold your pre-rolled that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Swarfega.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Genius147

Try Brilo Pads for removing tobacco stains from fingers.Try to get the original Brillo Pads as they have some sort of pink stuff which works best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

I agree with the bleach, cant beat good old domestos fast and quick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I've never gotten yellow fingers and I've smoked for a few years.

As another poster said, just watch how you hold it :D

Advertisement