Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Pharma to begin microchipping drugs.

Options
  • 11-11-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"The age of pharmaceutical microchipping is now upon us. Novartis AG, one of the largest drug companies in the world, has announced a plan to begin embedding microchips in medications to create "smart pill" technology.

The microchip technology is being licensed from Proteus Biomedical of Redwood City, California. Once activated by stomach acid, the embedded microchip begins sensing its environment and broadcasting data to a receiver warn by the patient. This receiver is also a transmitter that can send the data over the internet to a doctor. "

344scvd.jpg

This is just the start of it, we will be told that this technology must necessary for those in the medical profession to keep track of medical doses given to forgetful and elderly patients. What we will not be told that in time to come this technology will be used to identify those that have taken compulsory vaccines or not. A simple electronic portal could detect those that have been vaccined or not.

This is just another way of discreetly implanting microchips into the human body and should be avoided at all costs by anyone with a bit of common sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

An tenner says it doesn't end up like that and is, in fact, a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

humanji wrote: »

You stop that... loads of stuff Rtdh says turns out like he says. Just can't seem to find even one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Worse still the possibility of ending up with cancerous tumors from the components of these electronic devices. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Worse still the possibility of ending up with cancerous tumors from the components of these electronic devices. :eek:
    Because cancer is a known side effect of modern pacemakers?

As for the OP, I'm quite disappointed at the image used, I was expecting something along the lines of a cross between Tetsuo and Scanners. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

tetsuo.jpg
    Behold the future in the head of RtdH.

• Advertisement

. What we will not be told that in time to come this technology will be used to identify those that have taken compulsory vaccines or not. A simple electronic portal could detect those that have been vaccined or not.

So what happened to those horrible mandatory vaccines last time RtdH?
    I though we'd all have had those scary mind control chips or autism, or whatever nonsense you're spouting after the swine flu thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Is it true that alot of these viruses or epidemics are created by companies who then provide the cure for them?

Example being BSE, mad cow disease. It was caused by cattle being fed offal which contained cow's offal so cattle being herbivores were basically being turned into cannibals.
    Hypothetical CT is that those who developed this feed sold it to farmers knowing that it would cause such a reaction, then were the ones to supply the cure for the epidemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

joebucks wrote: »
    Is it true that alot of these viruses or epidemics are created by companies who then provide the cure for them?

Example being BSE, mad cow disease. It was caused by cattle being fed offal which contained cow's offal so cattle being herbivores were basically being turned into cannibals.
    Hypothetical CT is that those who developed this feed sold it to farmers knowing that it would cause such a reaction, then were the ones to supply the cure for the epidemic?

BSE or human form CJD is not a living thing. It cannot be vaccinated against as it is actually a protein shaped like a spiral that bores holes in brain tissue. So no, there was no conspiracy to supply a cure/vaccine since you cannot vaccinate against a protein.

With regard the 1st question. Who knows. I'm sure it is in the realms of possibility but I'd be more inclined to believe that the folks making the vaccines hyped the danger of swine flu so as to make a few bucks rather than releasing a fairly impotent virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

King Mob wrote: »
    tetsuo.jpg
    So what happened to those horrible mandatory vaccines last time RtdH?
    I though we'd all have had those scary mind control chips or autism, or whatever nonsense you're spouting after the swine flu thing...

May I remind you of the bit in the charter about being civil

Have a read of it again and if you still want to disucss this topic with RTDH then I suggest you rephrase your questions

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Boo Radley wrote: »
    BSE or human form CJD is not a living thing. It cannot be vaccinated against as it is actually a protein shaped like a spiral that bores holes in brain tissue. So no, there was no conspiracy to supply a cure/vaccine since you cannot vaccinate against a protein.

With regard the 1st question. Who knows. I'm sure it is in the realms of possibility but I'd be more inclined to believe that the folks making the vaccines hyped the danger of swine flu so as to make a few bucks rather than releasing a fairly impotent virus.

While I agree with there being no conspiracy involving vaccines, it's not entirely accurate that you cannot vaccinate against a protein. BSE is a prion disease and there has been work done in promoting an immune response against the proteins.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17499458

Still a long way from an actual vaccine, but it does seem possible, cause if you think about it, immunity is generated through the recognition of foreign antigen which is generally peptide fragments from proteins expressed by the pathogen. The only problem is that prions are recognised as self and an immune response is not generated.

• Advertisement

So RdtH what happened to all the forced vaccinations that you said where coming last time during the swine flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

So RdtH what happened to all the forced vaccinations that you said where coming last time during the swine flu?

Last one could be a test run, I would start getting worried when they make it mandatory in the work place or schools:mad:

RoboClam wrote: »
    While I agree with there being no conspiracy involving vaccines, it's not entirely accurate that you cannot vaccinate against a protein. BSE is a prion disease and there has been work done in promoting an immune response against the proteins.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17499458

Still a long way from an actual vaccine, but it does seem possible, cause if you think about it, immunity is generated through the recognition of foreign antigen which is generally peptide fragments from proteins expressed by the pathogen. The only problem is that prions are recognised as self and an immune response is not generated.

That's fair enough if they're are attempting to create a vaccine of sorts but there still is no vaccine for BSE/CJD.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

"The age of pharmaceutical microchipping is now upon us. Novartis AG, one of the largest drug companies in the world, has announced a plan to begin embedding microchips in medications to create "smart pill" technology.

The microchip technology is being licensed from Proteus Biomedical of Redwood City, California. Once activated by stomach acid, the embedded microchip begins sensing its environment and broadcasting data to a receiver warn by the patient. This receiver is also a transmitter that can send the data over the internet to a doctor. "
    Is there a source to this italicised quote or is it an opinion piece/blog that you're pasting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Sorry OP for taking your thread a little off track. maybe it will tie in with what you are proposing.
    Boo Radley wrote: »

Well it is still open to debate as to the causes and possible cures to BSE. The explanation you give is the most plausible so far but scientists are not 100% agreed on this.
    Anyway BSE is not really of importance here, I am just using it as a possible situation of where a virus/pandemic could be released/caused by the very people who would stand to profit form it.

The reason I have interest I bring this up as there is a CT that Cholera outbreak in Haiti has been caused for such nefarious reasons

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/sudden-death-by-cholera-a-mystery-in-battered-haiti/19712500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Big Pharma - are they the only pension interests (past weapons) posting profits?

Gotta love them profit through poison - now to be enforced ;)

joebucks wrote: »
    Well it is still open to debate as to the causes and possible cures to BSE. The explanation you give is the most plausible so far but scientists are not 100% agreed on this.
    http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/sudden-death-by-cholera-a-mystery-in-battered-haiti/19712500

I'm not sure there is really that much disagreement on the cause of BSE. I'm sure there are other theories but that is the nature of science. I'm pretty sure there is general consensus on the protein front.

With regard the Haiti outbreak of cholera, I'd be surprised if it was manufactured. Sounds like rumours spreading among scared, confused and uninformed people. It is after all a disease the population are unfamiliar with.

Then again, I couldn't say with total confidence that is the case. It isn't impossible I suppose.

Last one could be a test run,
    Or the conspiracy has no basis in reality
    I would start getting worried when they make it mandatory in the work place or schools:mad:

So what about all the other massive outbreaks before the swine flu? Which we're told every time will be the start of forced vaccinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

This is just another way of discreetly implanting microchips into the human body and should be avoided at all costs by anyone with a bit of common sense.
    AGREE 100% my friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Or the conspiracy has no basis in reality

So what about all the other massive outbreaks before the swine flu? Which we're told every time will be the start of forced vaccinations?

All test runs. Lets see how many of the population take this drug voluntary. possibly, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

tetsuo.jpg

Akira was one of the worst films ever. I know thats heresy to a lot of people but I don't care, it was stupid, needlessly epic and the dialogue was rubbish in mostly consisting of Tetsuoooo!!!! AAAAAkkkiiiiirraaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Akira was one of the worst films ever. I know thats heresy to a lot of people but I don't care, it was stupid, needlessly epic and the dialogue was rubbish in mostly consisting of Tetsuoooo!!!! AAAAAkkkiiiiirraaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turning epic manga into 2 1/2 film was never going to be easy. Also having it dub'd into English using one of the Hero turtles doing the voice didn't help.

Also apparently it's been made into a live action movie starting either Justine Bieber or Zac Effron. Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Di0genes wrote: »
    Turning epic manga into 2 1/2 film was never going to be easy. Also having it dub'd into English using one of the Hero turtles doing the voice didn't help.

Also apparently it's been made into a live action movie starting either Justine Bieber or Zac Effron. Ugh

Lads PM is available if you want a chat

Please stick to the topic of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Don't wish to be crude, but how would it stay in the body? Wouldn't it just be shat out in a matter of hours?

All test runs. Lets see how many of the population take this drug voluntary. possibly, maybe.

Wow that's convenient. So we can assume that when the next outbreak of whatever happens and all the claims of forced vaccinations don't come true as usual, that it was just another test run?

wyndham wrote: »
    Don't wish to be crude, but how would it stay in the body? Wouldn't it just be shat out in a matter of hours?
    I was wondering that myself. I don't know a lot about biology or chemistry, but I think it's a case of taking the pill and as it disolves, it scans whatever it's there to scan (like blood pressure or any disease etc, and then transmits to an outside receiver. The reciever translates teh data to decide if the medication should be more, less or kept the same. Then what isn't digested of the pill, is sent on it's way.

That's the way I assumed they mean ti to work. There's not a whole lot of info that isnt' from conspiracy sites at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

I was wondering that myself. I don't know a lot about biology or chemistry, but I think it's a case of taking the pill and as it disolves, it scans whatever it's there to scan (like blood pressure or any disease etc, and then transmits to an outside receiver. The reciever translates teh data to decide if the medication should be more, less or kept the same. Then what isn't digested of the pill, is sent on it's way.

That's the way I assumed they mean ti to work. There's not a whole lot of info that isnt' from conspiracy sites at the moment.

here is some info thats not from CT site

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/06/wireless-health-gathering-features-radio-pill/

I think the receiver/transmitter would be the problem for most people now its going to be a patch
    But to be more cost effective I presume an implant would be put under skin

Cheers. I can't believe it's being developed by Doc Savage.

Advertisement