Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-11-2010, 11:43   #1
chupi
Registered User
 
chupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 192
Ireland can shop online with Zara!

Finally Zara have online shopping for Ireland!

Welcome to the 21st century Zara What is it with the big brands and not having online shopping? Neither H&M or River Island deliver to Ireland (confession: my website is crap ), I wish H&M especially would deliver here as they don't always have the stuff they have on their site instore here.

I'm delighted as I love Zara but find it hard work to shop in..
chupi is offline  
Advertisement
05-11-2010, 13:07   #2
abrr1000
Registered User
 
abrr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 313
Happy days
If only river island would too
abrr1000 is offline  
05-11-2010, 14:12   #3
Sacred_git
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 334
from a mans point of view, possibly the worst shop in the world!!
Sacred_git is offline  
05-11-2010, 14:13   #4
donutheadhomer
Registered User
 
donutheadhomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Limerick
Posts: 1,294
is this only for homeware though and not cloths
donutheadhomer is offline  
05-11-2010, 17:27   #5
lainey316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 812
It's clothes and shoes and accessories, not homewares. I got all excited there thinking they'd included Zara Home.

Not sure what the 'worst shop in the world' refers to as my male friends and brothers do shop in Zara quite a lot.
lainey316 is offline  
Advertisement
05-11-2010, 19:44   #6
Sacred_git
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey316 View Post
It's clothes and shoes and accessories, not homewares. I got all excited there thinking they'd included Zara Home.

Not sure what the 'worst shop in the world' refers to as my male friends and brothers do shop in Zara quite a lot.
hate men like that,no style at all, wannabe designer type fitted clothing that fails miserably!
Sacred_git is offline  
05-11-2010, 22:10   #7
lainey316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_git View Post
hate men like that,no style at all, wannabe designer type fitted clothing that fails miserably!
That's entirely your personal opinion. Not everyone agrees.
lainey316 is offline  
06-11-2010, 12:06   #8
Kalinda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 84
God, have you seen the size of the model on the front page of the website - way to thin!
Kalinda is offline  
06-11-2010, 12:08   #9
Asphyxia
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,920
Ooh this could be very bad for me there's a few things I already want my poor 3v card is going to be wore out
Asphyxia is offline  
Advertisement
06-11-2010, 12:16   #10
Kalinda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 84
What age group is Zara Women for? I am 32 and find their clothes to be very dull colour-wise and formal - I suppose they are classic items
Kalinda is offline  
06-11-2010, 15:16   #11
chupi
Registered User
 
chupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 192
Zara's aimed at 25-40 year olds mainly, there is lots of boring workwear but also some brilliant catwalk knock offs and on trend pieces. Having said that I was in there today and nearly died from a bloody camel overdose

Very amused at the differing opinions on Zara menswear, my boyfriend wouldn't be caught dead in their cooler stuff but my brother loves it. I think it's like Zara womenswear, some is great, some is crap and some of it is far too
chupi is offline  
Thanks from:
06-11-2010, 15:33   #12
lainey316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 812
Zara has a couple of instore brands. TRF is for teenagers/early 20s - t-shirts, lace, really short skirts, leggings... Basic is a bit older, yes they have workwear (I'd consider it more useful than boring, it's not Next like, and the suits are usually a nice really sharp fit) but also some really nice dresses and nice pieces, fantastic shoes, and the occasional random weirdly shaped fashion item. Woman is more expensive and aimed at late 20s, 30s, has more tailoring.

It's never going to be neon and bling - it doesn't need to be. It'd be a bit useless if every brand was the same spandex and sparkle as RI, or too cool for school like Topshop. When it comes down to it, it is a Spanish brand and that's the ethos and style and inspiration behind it, and it's different to what comes out of the UK.

It's not going to fit everyone's personal style, no store will - for example I wouldn't cross the threshold of River Island, but others love it.
lainey316 is offline  
Thanks from:
06-11-2010, 23:52   #13
compsys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rathfarnham, D 14, 56M
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey316 View Post
Zara has a couple of instore brands. TRF is for teenagers/early 20s - t-shirts, lace, really short skirts, leggings... Basic is a bit older, yes they have workwear (I'd consider it more useful than boring, it's not Next like, and the suits are usually a nice really sharp fit) but also some really nice dresses and nice pieces, fantastic shoes, and the occasional random weirdly shaped fashion item. Woman is more expensive and aimed at late 20s, 30s, has more tailoring.

It's never going to be neon and bling - it doesn't need to be. It'd be a bit useless if every brand was the same spandex and sparkle as RI, or too cool for school like Topshop. When it comes down to it, it is a Spanish brand and that's the ethos and style and inspiration behind it, and it's different to what comes out of the UK.

It's not going to fit everyone's personal style, no store will - for example I wouldn't cross the threshold of River Island, but others love it.
Very well put.

I'm a guy and personally I love Zara. I find most of their clothes very classical and elegant at times and very 'European' looking and fitting. In my opinion Zara's clothes are generally far more stylish than Topshop/Topman, River Island and most of the other British highstreet stores, which just scream, well, 'highstreet' to me.

Also, a lot of the British highstreet stores try to be too 'bling' and trendy and up to date. The result is that you end up with clothing that can look silly and is often out-of-date and untrendy within months. Zara clothing is different I think: stylish, simple, well fitting, and something you can wear for years.
compsys is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-11-2010, 11:00   #14
chupi
Registered User
 
chupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 192
Totally agree Lainey, when Zara is good it's so very good. They have brilliant understated pieces. I got a gorgeous smart cotton velvet blazer in there last week and it is the perfect cut. Agreed on River Island Although I think they've really improved there offering..

I didn't mean to insult anyone by calling the workwear boring, it's just I don't work in a formal environment and never need smart clothes (bar the occasional encounter with the bank!) so they go straight over my head Expect I'd love them if I was.
chupi is offline  
07-11-2010, 11:06   #15
Manach
Registered User
 
Manach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Co. Cork
Posts: 4,867
Thanks for the tip about Zara. Personally as a male, I've enjoyed the selection there though perhaps it was just there was a good range of choices at the Mahon branch.
Manach is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet