Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pan Research Mystery Shopper

Options
  • 16-09-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got an offer of assignments from panresearch and was wondering has anyone had experience dealing with them before as regards payment etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I did it before when I was a student/temp worker. If you can write well and clearly, then it's not a bad earner. In my experience, they paid pretty promptly, about once a month. Just don't really expect to make a fortune from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I do mystery shopping now and again. Got the first assignment from Pan this morning and I'm guessing you did too. I signed up months ago and this is the first I've heard so I'm guessing they're not very active. It's a nice bit of pocket money though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Piste wrote: »
    I do mystery shopping now and again. Got the first assignment from Pan this morning and I'm guessing you did too. I signed up months ago and this is the first I've heard so I'm guessing they're not very active. It's a nice bit of pocket money though.

Just wondering, what sort of Assignments are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Just wondering, what sort of Assignments are they?

they are a bunch of critics that companies hire to spy on their staff (which is how i see it) and its a poxy waste of time, money and effort.

for the Assessor: Get email. - Accept job - go to said location and evaluate staff on certain aspects (did they offer this special offer and so on) - go home - fill out report - send it to boss (who you never see) and get paid.

for the staff: deal with as any other customer but in your head every minute of everyday worry who is the plonker judging you and you **** it all day wondering what the **** because you get asked questions on the most ridicules things we dont even know yet because the product has only being out 5 minuets and i've only just started work and haven't gotten to grips with anything yet.

gggrrrrrr back to the cries of retail with me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Work in a supermarket myself and we're usually let know which week of the month the 'mystery' shopper is coming. They're usually easily identifiable too, ie couple pushing a trolley with standard goods, asking questions at length etc.

Still didn't stop us doin crap every so often :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I apologise for any sleepless nights I may have caused you:D
    robbie_998 wrote: »
    for the staff: deal with as any other customer but in your head every minute of everyday worry who is the plonker judging you and you **** it all day wondering what the **** because you get asked questions on the most ridicules things we dont even know yet because the product has only being out 5 minuets and i've only just started work and haven't gotten to grips with anything yet.

gggrrrrrr back to the cries of retail with me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I do it pretty regularly (not for Pan though) but I rarely buy stuff. Usually I just ask questions about something or see if they stock it. For some retailers they actually don't care much about how the staff were with you, more if the products I was sent in for were available and if the store was tidy etc. You can never spot the good ones :P Likewise when I go looking for mortgages and savings accounts!

hehe got our results there for an "visit" the other day

14% boo ya ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

robbie_998 wrote: »
    hehe got our results there for an "visit" the other day

14% boo ya ! :pac:

Out of 15% right? :P Do you think you know who it was?

pow wow wrote: »
    Out of 15% right? :P Do you think you know who it was?

out of 100% of course :pac:

we dont know... but the staff who delt with them might have being the general manager :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Bump,anyone heard of these pan mystery shoppers are they legitimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Sorry for the late response :)

Yes, they are legitimate. They pay on time, every time!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

deravarra wrote: »
    Sorry for the late response :)

Yes, they are legitimate. They pay on time, every time!

Mod: Two years to respond is not a late response.
    Please do not drag up old topics.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement