Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-06-2010, 03:08   #1
princemuzzy

Can i connect another freeview set top box to a sky dish

i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?
Advertisement
11-06-2010, 08:15   #2
mossym

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemuzzy View Post
i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?
you'll get the same channels, but a freeview box is for oTA transmissions using an aerial, did you mean a freesat box?
11-06-2010, 10:10   #3
snaps

Send a message via MSN to snaps
Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.
11-06-2010, 10:21   #4
sesswhat

Have you tried the Tuning Guide in the stickies to make sure you are getting all available channels on your old box?

You can also set up a Favourites list to avoid scrolling through all the unwanted channels.
11-06-2010, 10:41   #5
princemuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.
I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me
Advertisement
11-06-2010, 10:45   #6
jobyrne30

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemuzzy View Post
I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me
No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/
11-06-2010, 13:15   #7
princemuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobyrne30 View Post
No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/
sound so how much should i be paying for freeview install?
11-06-2010, 13:30   #8
princemuzzy

also if i was to sourse one of them freesat cards from sky in uk would i get ny extra channels

appreciate all the help guys

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion