Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIMOLEAGUE BROADBAND PROVIDER

Options
  • 20-01-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi
    just wondering if anyone has used the new internet provider in the timoleague area the name escapes me at the mo just wondering what if they are good ,reliable etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭mountain

http://www.rapidbroadband.ie/

cover a fair bit of west cork, im sure they do Timoleague as well

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

we are with rapid, find it slow sometimes if alot of people are on or if its foggy, a sales rep for VoIP and internet services called here the other day, said they are faster and cheaper than rapid but we never looked into it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rapid BB

Hi all,

Micheál from Rapid Broadband here. If you have any queries regarding our service or want to report slow speeds (i.e in evening times, etc) please contact me on <snip>. If the line is busy, leave a message or contact me on my mobile on <snip>. A speed problem is rare, but the main reasons it may occur if the unit is faulty, moved out of line or trees growing in front of unit.

I can confirm we are one of the few Wireless ISPs in the Country who have dual diversity to each of our base stations. So for example, in the Timoleague area, we have two separate links going back to two Data centres in Dublin. One of these links uses the BT fibre and the other uses the ESB Fibre. This ensures high speeds and reliabilty.

In addition, we have our own Phone exchange and can offer a combined "Phone and broadband" Package. See our web page for cost.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corkkeepmoving

I am going through VoIP and internet services they are a newish company that can service a lot of areas in WEst Cork. We had a sales rep come to our house last week from Rapid broadband and told us we had zero signal and then this crowd came today and we've been told we can get 2 mb, yipeeeee we are thrilled. only problem is with this crowd the installation is fairly steep, €169 euros i know it;s for a wireless modem but with rapid it's 150 for new customers and 80 to move premises.

You can contact John from VoIP and internet services( you'd see the signs around timoleague and courtmacsherry serving broadband in those areas) on <snip>

i will keep ye updated on how it goes installation should be this week, and will let you know how the service compared to our rapid broadband we had this year. bit of competition seems healthy, especially casue i was distraught to find out we could not get the internet in our house, then to be told today they had no isses what soever and full reception, you;d wonder do companies care at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement