Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it OK to want to stay in, drink and post on boards

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭

OK. Picture this.

You're in your late twenties, working full time and have a busy social life.
    Then you start going out with a student who is beautiful, likes to party and stays up late.

It's great and it makes you feel young ........but........you're bloody tired after too much fun and it's Friday. Normally, Friday is about going to a party, then out and then to another party. But you feel partied out. All you want to do is buy a bottle of buckfast and sit in front of the monitor and post rubbish. You might even be wearing a dressing gown and slippers.

My question is, does this make you a sad bastard, past it, and out of your depth?
    Or would Hugh Heffner post here on Fridays if he was Irish?

I was going to post this to the Gentleman's Club but I don't think I could be serious enough right now.

*holds bucky bottle up to the light*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cant afford to go out, posting crap on boards pissed is just as good tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

move thread to personal issues this man needs help

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hell yeah it's okay but don't get involved in any flame wars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

It's OK, just so long you make up a story about having a beautiful girlfriend. Also, make sure to mention that the girlfriend is beautiful.

It makes some of the late night threads very interesting!

until....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Since I came home and havent found a job, thats a pretty accurate description of most evenings. Ah what harm, it distracts you from the ****e on the telly and at least you might learn a bit

But I dont mind, I spend too much time here but that'll change when I get a job.

And I WILL get a job, 121 CVs went out this week, I **** you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

OK. Picture this.

You're in your late twenties, working full time and have a busy social life.
    Then you start going out with a student who is beautiful, likes to party and stays up late.

It's great and it makes you feel young ........but........you're bloody tired after too much fun and it's Friday. Normally, Friday is about going to a party, then out and then to another party. But you feel partied out. All you want to do is buy a bottle of buckfast and sit in front of the monitor and post rubbish. You might even be wearing a dressing gown and slippers.

My question is, does this make you a sad bastard, past it, and out of your depth?
    Or would Hugh Heffner post here on Fridays if he was Irish?

I was going to post this to the Gentleman's Club but I don't think I could be serious enough right now.

*holds bucky bottle up to the light*
    Unless you're a subscriber, no, it's not ok.

If you were in the pub you'd be spending money so why should you get freebies on here for better entertainment. :cool:

tongue in cheek intended

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

bleg wrote: »
    It's OK, just so long you make up a story about having a beautiful girlfriend. Also, make sure to mention that the girlfriend is beautiful.

You've never seen my right hand. She is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

But your student needs a sugar daddy. She needs you to buy her drinks. And you need her to...well, do certain things in return! If it's not you it's someone else.....or worse, she might ride another student!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

poll please.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm drinking right now. You can always go out on Saturday night if you're wiped out on Friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yeah I was meant to go out tonight too but I'm so glad I didn't. Kind of no expectations here dipping in and out of boards while watching tv, can just come and go etc. I'm happy out here in my pj's with the dog lying on my feet. I kind of like being old most of the time.
    I don't think I'd go as far as the buckfast, anytime I ever post anything when I'm drunk I have the fear about it the next day..even if it wasn't outrageous.

Crucifix wrote: »

I thought about that. But the responses would make me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

yes, yes and..... yes
    *clink*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Seems normal to me at the weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Is it OK to want to stay in, drink and post on boards

boards is my hang out on a sat night(sad i know but recession)i start off fine,few more drinks things get a bit dodgy,by the end of the night im posting absolute bol lox.So yeah, its ok:)

in fairness its a cool site

I don't think I'd go as far as the buckfast, anytime I ever post anything when I'm drunk I have the fear about it the next day..even if it wasn't outrageous.

But I thought this forum was for posting while drunk?!?:confused:
    Then when you are past drunk, you go to The Thunderdome.
    Then to the ConsspiracyTheory forum and then to Prison.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

No its not fukkin ok.

Getting drunk whilst talking to people you don't know on the internet is not something that should come acceptable are be encouraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's better than explaining yourself to and requiring approval from other Boards members/being in your late 20s but talking about yourself as if you're about 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

But I thought this forum was for posting while drunk?!?:confused:
    Then when you are past drunk, you go to The Thunderdome.
    Then to the ConsspiracyTheory forum and then to Prison.:D

Yeah for other ppl to do that is fine, I just get a bit over excited:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

poll please.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm drinking right now. You can always go out on Saturday night if you're wiped out on Friday :D

Poll? Poll? Whatever happene to pics or GTFO????

OP we need to know what you're passing up....post pics; let us-help you.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    It's better than explaining yourself to and requiring approval from other Boards members/being in your late 20s but talking about yourself as if you're about 60.

That's what happens when you wear a dressing gown and slippers while drunk.

*puffs pipe*

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Crucifix wrote: »

Yeah, but it's After Hours help he's getting which is an entity all of it's own.;)
    galwayrush wrote: »
    Seems normal to me at the weekend.:)

I'll bet you say that to all the wines.:pac:

TheZohan wrote: »
    Poll? Poll? Whatever happene to pics or GTFO????

OP we need to know what you're passing up....post pics; let us-help you.

I was waiting for that. Unfortunately, she lurks around here. Notice my use of the adjective "beautiful"? Also, someone here is bound to recognise her and send her a link to this thread. Drunken embarassment is OK as long as it's anonymous. I don't know her username and she doesn't know mine so I think I'm safe for now.

She is gorgeous though. You'll just have to take my word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I was waiting for that. Unfortunately, she lurks around here. Notice my use of the adjective "beautiful"? Also, someone here is bound to recognise her and send her a link to this thread. Drunken embarassment is OK as long as it's anonymous. I don't know her username and she doesn't know mine so I think I'm safe for now.

She is gorgeous though. You'll just have to take my word for it.

You can just PM everyone who replies to this thread, we won't tell her, honest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Stacey.x

yeah, its fine :) If thats what you like doing.

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    You can just PM everyone who replies to this thread, we won't tell her, honest :pac:

I'd love to. If for nothing else but bragging rights. But I'm not sure how i'd feel about internet people ****ing and ****ing all over her. Really, I'm not actually sure.:confused:

Stacey.x wrote: »
    yeah, its fine :) If thats what you like doing.

I can't help thinking that I've put the question to a fairly biased sample here.

Me: Is it OK to stay in on a Friday and post on boards?

AH on a Friday night: Of course it is. Clink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Crocked leg, it takes me half an hour to get up the stairs, never mind leaving the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bonito wrote: »
    tongue in cheek intended

Haven't you put enough things up bums for one night? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

TheZohan wrote: »
    Whatever happened to pics or GTFO????

The Mods clamped down on .. no, wait.

Error, error.

Advertisement