Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 2010 Bravia line-up

Options
  • 12-02-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭

anybody see the new 2010 range from Sony

they look the business

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1265975930

Signature LX900

The Signature series is the next generation of home entertainment with Full HD 3D and Wi-Fi in Monolithic design.

sonylx900-1l.jpg
    Sony LX900

LX900 is the only TV in the Signature range.

# 3D - including 2 pairs of 3D glasses
    # OptiContrast Panel
    # Edge LED backlight
    # Motionflow PRO 200Hz (PRO indicates scanning backlights)
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # Integrated Wi-Fi
    # BRAVIA Internet Video and DLNA
    # Presence Sensor
    # Launches in June 2010.

sonylx900-2l.jpg
    Sony LX900

LX900 will be available in 40, 52 and 60 inches called 40LX900, 52LX900 and 60LX900. Prices have not been announced yet.

Cinematic Series

The Cinematic series offers the best picture quality from Sony at the moment, and Sony has tried to take the cinema experience into the living room. Cinematic TVs combines LED backlighting with Motionflow technology.

Cinematic HX900

HX900 is the flagship in the Cinematic series, with Monolithic design and 3D support (3D glasses and IR transmitter sold seperately).

sonyhx900-1l.jpg
    Sony HX900

# OptiContrast Panel
    # Motionflow PRO 200 Hz (PRO indicates scanning backlights)
    # LEDs with local dimming
    # 3D Ready
    # Monolithic Design
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # HX900 will be available in June 2010

sonyhx900-2l.jpg
    Sony HX900

HX900 will be available in 46 and 52 inches called 46HX900 and 52HX900. Prices are not yet known.

Cinematic HX800

HX800 is the step down from HX900 and will not include Monolithic design nor local dimming.

sonyhx800-1l.jpg

# Deep Black Panel
    # Motionflow Pro 200 Hz
    # Edge LED
    # 3D Ready
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # HX800 will be available in July 2010

HX800 will be available in 40 and 46 inches called 40HX800 and 46HX800.
    Suggested retail prices are 1600 and 2000 Euro.

Cinematic HX700

HX700 is the step down from HX800 that does not feature the Edge LED backlight and only the non-PRO Motionflow system meaning that no scanning backlight system has been incorporated.

sonyhx700-2l.jpg

# Deep Black Panel
    # Motionflow 200Hz
    # CCFL backlight
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # HX700 will be available in February 2010

HX700 will be available in 40 and 46 inches called 40HX700 and 46HX700.
    Suggested retail prices are 1350 and 1880 Euro

Presence Series

The PRESENCE range is designed for today's lifestyle with an elegant design in mind.

PRESENCE models have a minimalist design. The series also features easy access to a wireless world of entertainment, at home and online. However, the Presence range will not deliver Sony's best picture quality.

Presence NX800

NX800 is the best Presence model and includes Sony's new Monolithic design and an Edge LED backlight making the TV slimmer than the 2009 models.

sonynx800-1l.jpg

# Monolithic Design
    # Motionflow 200Hz
    # Deep Black Panel
    # Edge LED
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # Brushed aluminum stand can be bought separately
    # NX800 will be available in March 2010

sonynx800-2l.jpg

NX800 will be available in 40 and 52 inches called 40NX800 and 52NX800.
    Suggested retail prices are 1880 and 2800 Euro

Presence NX700

NX700 is the step down from NX800 with 100 Hz instead.

sonynx700-1l.jpg

# Monolithic Design
    # Motionflow 100Hz
    # Deep Black Panel
    # Edge LED
    # BRAVIA Engine 3
    # Brushed aluminum stand can be bought separately
    # NX700 will be available in March 2010

NX700 will be available in 40 and 46 inches called 40NX700 and 46NX700.
    Recommended retail prices are 1600 and 2150 Euro.

few more in that link but meh to them :)

price range

sony2010prices-1l.jpg

im currently looking at the KDL-46HX700, that 1880 euro for the 46" is pretty steep, hopefully it will be around 1500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I was looking at them over on AVForums. The monolithic design that Sony are using across their home theater product range looks amazing. I'm definitely looking forward to when HDTVTest review some of these TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I I'm definitely looking forward to when HDTVTest review some of these TVs.

that's stopping me preordering the HX700, i hate waiting for the reviews

Headshot wrote: »
    that's stopping me preordering the HX700, i hate waiting for the reviews

I know what you mean! I hope that the input lag on these range of TVs are comparable to the W4000 series, as opposed to the laggy W4500 and above ranges.

I know what you mean! I hope that the input lag on these range of TVs are comparable to the W4000 series, as opposed to the laggy W4500 and above ranges.

ya iv the w4000 in another room and it's a great tv

are you planning on getting one of the 2010 range Rsaeire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Absolutely, or at least they have a proper game mode that eliminates lag. With the amount of picture processing in these sets at this stage, not sure zero lag is possible. Much is unknown this year with all the main players coming in with their own LED sets, rather than just Samsung like last year. It looks like for this year, anyone looking to buy a tv ~40" with 800 - 1000€ to spend will be going LED, which is exciting news. Glad to see that Sony have'nt completely given up on local dimming LED sets either, although its clear at this stage that edge LED will be favoured for the volume sets for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    ya iv the w4000 in another room and it's a great tv

are you planning on getting one of the 2010 range Rsaeire?

I'm not no, but that could change after I've read some reviews. ;)
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    Absolutely, or at least they have a proper game mode that eliminates lag. With the amount of picture processing in these sets at this stage, not sure zero lag is possible. Much is unknown this year with all the main players coming in with their own LED sets, rather than just Samsung like last year. It looks like for this year, anyone looking to buy a tv ~40" with 800 - 1000€ to spend will be going LED, which is exciting news. Glad to see that Sony have'nt completely given up on local dimming LED sets either, although its clear at this stage that edge LED will be favoured for the volume sets for obvious reasons.

I know what you mean. It's not that I've played games on a high input lag TV, it's just that I wouldn't risk spending close to €1000 to only find out games aren't as responsive as they used to be.

I know LED backlights are all the rage now, but the technology is pretty much in its infancy in comparison to CCFL. While I'm more eagerly anticipating RGB LED TVs, it will still take an awful lot longer for such a technology to become not only widespread, but functionally distinguishable and realistically beneficial when it comes to contrast, brightness and overall picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Every year sony surpasses its competition it terms of aesthetic appeal, they are some slick pieces of kit. There prices are a bit steep though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

F.Galway wrote: »
    Every year sony surpasses its competition it terms of aesthetic appeal, they are some slick pieces of kit. There prices are a bit steep though...
    Last year i dont think their sets were that great looking tbh

In fairness to them though, this year, they seem to have got it right with regard to enhancements and design. I was pretty disappointed with last years range tbh, the only improvement was the introduction of Bravia Engine 3, black levels stayed the same or got worse on the range, and some costcutting was clear when you compare the 40W4500 and the 40W5500, cheaper backlight on the W5500 screams of it IMO, last years range seems tiny compared to the 2010 range too. Seems like they've been building up to this all along. very interesting what the second year of EDGE LED will bring, really hope Sony have done something about their awful screen black level uniformity problems of the last two years, although i suspect it will still be there

Wouldnt say Sony's LCD's are that steeply priced either to be honest, they may be be slightly more than, say their samsung counterparts but to be fair, i would say they generally have better build quality, even if not picture quality in the last year or so. This years range is pretty crucial to Sony to see if they can get back to the top of the LCD/LED game. No range announced by Samsung yet but it should be in the next couple of weeks. Their US range has been announced though and that looks pretty even on paper to Sonys. Likely to be Sony's biggest competition again but who knows, maybe Panasonics IPS LCD panels, now aided with LED edge-lighting can tackle their usually, pretty poor black levels to mount some charge to the other two, doubt it though. Lookin forward to a HDTVtest review of one of the EDGE LED lit Sonys, could be at least another month coming though..

bit disappointed, just looked at the komplett website to learn the HX700 is out on the 29th of march now :( (was the 23rd of feb)

im not sure is that reliable thou so im hoping someone here may know a release date for the HX700 ?

Advertisement