Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2010, 16:20   #1
leedsfan88

Business Letter Layout

Hey all, just wondering if anyone can let how a business letter of intent should be laid out, what should be included in the letter.

The letter of intent is for a sponsor to say that they intend to give money to my event. Its for a college project and my mates company will sponsor my event.

Cheers in advance
Advertisement
07-02-2010, 10:17   #2
chowdown

I'm not sure if there's a standard layout for these things, but there are some key pieces of information which should be included, in order to avoid any problems:

1. Details of the event which is being sponsored. Its title, time, location.

2. The exact amount of money which is being given.

3. When will the money be handed over. Do you need the money in advance?

4. What does the sponsor get in return? Are you printing their logo on paperwork/backdrops? If so, where will it be shown? Who provides the logo? Are you inviting the sponsor to speak at the event? If so, when and how long is the speech?

5. If there are more than one sponsors, who are the other sponsors and are they given equal prominence?

6. Will you be giving the sponsor some pre- or post-event publicity? If so, it's worth saying what publicity you're going to do, just so that they don't expect more.

7. Would you like the sponsor to attend the event? How many guests? Will food be served? Will you reserve spaces for them at the meal?

It really is worth making sure everyone knows the deal when you're dealing with sponsorship of an event. It keeps everyone happy.

Good luck.

If you want any further advice, just say.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion