Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South wicklow snow - january 6th 2010

• 06-01-2010 11:13pm

These are a few pics I took this morning and afternoon-I hope you enjoy :)

This first one is Mr Snowman
    a668c.jpg

Driving along the coolgreaney road just outside Arklow

84b71.jpg

Further along that road and up my favourite lane

a0476.jpg

Jeep parked

15ac3.jpg

side view !

c0840.jpg

The hill at the back

44899.jpg

The wood behind

a039b.jpg

A bit of craic to be had!

4325b.jpg

And Moi... [Well I thought I'd better do something as Trogdor did the snow angel!! :pac: ]
    There was a little drifting up at the back of that field as it's exposed but I'm kneeling there so it's deep but no more that about a foot or so.

1859b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

It's good to get the big picture(s).

Would you like the Winter Olympics, we have no snow at all here.

(just kidding, by the way, the head of the Olympic Committee is an Irishman, John Furlong, and he's done a bang-up job of organizing it. Is there such an animal as a ski hill in Wicklow?

It's good to get the big picture(s).

Would you like the Winter Olympics, we have no snow at all here.

(just kidding, by the way, the head of the Olympic Committee is an Irishman, John Furlong, and he's done a bang-up job of organizing it. Is there such an animal as a ski hill in Wicklow?
    Actually,theres a new road down here thats part of the gorey bypass that was built really high at one part to get over the railway with a very steep incline that could have been classed as a black run today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great pics, good depths there bb! What's this covering the face business though?? ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dunno if anyone knows the Putland road in Bray. It runs from the seafront all the way up to the Vevay road. Top 100metres would be considered a Black, middle section a red bottom third Blue. As long as some pistes I've skied down in some european resorts. Back in 87 it was undrivable/passable. Not many 4x4's and not many Irish people with skiing experience nor owned ski's or snowboards back in '87.

My dream scenario would be to get '82 or '87 amounts of snow in Bray again, for the council not to bother gritting it (ie. even gritted the road would probably be undrivable) Have a mate in a 4x4 waiting at the bottom. Once its full, driving up the newcourt road route up to the Vevay(this route is more gradual loop around than the straight Putland), 4x4 drops the skiers and boarders at the top, drives down to bottom to wait for us.......and we do it over and over again :D

Would beat the hell out of risking driving up the Wicklow mountains, getting stuck, roads too thin to turn a 4x4, thus having to walk back up the hills, wrecking the board on a buried boulder or frozen sheep. :D

The Putland would be a perfect piste...presuming the council didn't grit it.

One can dream :D

{edit] Feck it anyway. I know its not going to happen and now I am pining for another skiing holiday. Arrgh. Can't afford to go this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Nice pics BB, looks like you got some nice deep snow there (even snow sticking to the sides of trees as well!).

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote: »
    Great pics, good depths there bb! What's this covering the face business though?? ;) :pac:
    I didn't want jenzz thinking I wasn't really Tomaz shafnaker or that he'd let himself go :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Calibos wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone knows the Putland road in Bray. It runs from the seafront all the way up to the Vevay road. Top 100metres would be considered a Black, middle section a red bottom third Blue. As long as some pistes I've skied down in some european resorts. Back in 87 it was undrivable/passable. Not many 4x4's and not many Irish people with skiing experience nor owned ski's or snowboards back in '87.

My dream scenario would be to get '82 or '87 amounts of snow in Bray again, for the council not to bother gritting it (ie. even gritted the road would probably be undrivable) Have a mate in a 4x4 waiting at the bottom. Once its full, driving up the newcourt road route up to the Vevay(this route is more gradual loop around than the straight Putland), 4x4 drops the skiers and boarders at the top, drives down to bottom to wait for us.......and we do it over and over again :D

Would beat the hell out of risking driving up the Wicklow mountains, getting stuck, roads too thin to turn a 4x4, thus having to walk back up the hills, wrecking the board on a buried boulder or frozen sheep. :D

{edit] Feck it anyway. I know its not going to happen and now I am pining for another skiing holiday. Arrgh. Can't afford to go this year :D

Jaysus I know the Putland road all too well.
    When I was trying to loose weight i used to cycle up that bloody road after work and the "black" section might as well have been the black out section! I hate that road with a passion!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Great pics, someone scribbled on your face with a marker though. Only kidding :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only just spotted this. Great scenes there BB. Congratulations! Really nice looking Jammer there you have as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Calibos wrote: »

Trouble with Putland is stopping at the bottom. Mind you the could put a big net across the Dart bridge at the bottom or next stop the coffee shop at the beach!

• Advertisement
Advertisement