Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crash and run

• 30-12-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Last week somebody banged into my car while I had it parked and drove off. There were no winesses. They must have caused a few hundred euro of damage as there is a dent in the drivers door. Pissed off big time over this in that I will have to fork out for the repairs myself.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

:mad:I really hate that. Same thing happened to me a couple of years back, I picked up bits of wing-mirror hoping to do a CSI-job on it. Never found the fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Happened to my wifes car, she got home and I remarked on the dent, she hadn't noticed. Pissed off but what can you do? Unless someone sees it happen and leaves a note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Happened to myself aswell.

Parked car, went into shops, came out and some fecker ran the front corner of his car along the side of mine. couple of hundred gone:(

irony!!: the day i got it back from the body shop, sitting in my friends house, my car was outside and all of a sudden we hear a bang and we went outside and some clown had come reversing across the road like a bat out of hell and demolished the othe side of the car. This was more like €2000 worth of damage and an insurance job and nealy had to write car off.

All fixed now though *touches wood* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Similar thing happened abou 2 years ago to my missus 00 Scenic. Rear drivers side quarter panel mangled. Then we changed the car to an 05 Scenic and within 2 months, the exact same thing happened:rolleyes:. The world is just full of cuntz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Happened me recently. Nothing major but still costly. Only difference was I knew who did it...sweet revenge:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Same thing recently happened me. Someone witnessed it but they are denying it. Any advice on what I can do????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

If you're hit by an untraced motorist you can claim off the mibi
    http://www.mibi.ie/

gabhain7 wrote: »

Had a look at that site earlier today but it seemed to me that they only cover personal injury not damage to car. My car was parked outside my house at the time. Maybe I read the MIBI site wrong but thats what I understood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

gabhain7 wrote: »

Handy to know, but it seems to be only if there are personal injuries as a result of the crash.
    Where the offending vehicle is not identified there is no provision in the 1988 or the 2004 MIBI Agreements to recover losses for vehicle or property damage. The 2009 Agreement introduced compensation for vehicle or property damage against an unidentified vehicle where there are significant personal injuries arising from the same accident.

Unfortunately like the others mine was hit while parked and the swines drove off never to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

A neighbour of mine banged into an old company van I had.... I gave out sh1t to her, mostly because she did it at 6am and felt fit to wake me up to tell me. Decent of her to let me know though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

id say with the weather a lot of people will have dents and tips in there cars this weather especially if you park on a street in an estate.a car spun out on the corner of my road today not even going that fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Same thing recently happened me. Someone witnessed it but they are denying it. Any advice on what I can do????
    TBH my advice is that you ask a professional, not the internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

The-Game wrote: »
    Handy to know, but it seems to be only if there are personal injuries as a result of the crash.

Unfortunately like the others mine was hit while parked and the swines drove off never to be seen.

Yep, just had a look at MIBI agreement and saw that provision.

I was looking at EU directive that MIBI agreement implements earlier
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2009:263:0011:0031:EN:PDF

And saw that member states are given option to limit claims for damage to property, it looks like ireland took that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

A visit to the Garda station would be my first thought. Will your witness help you take it further or was it just "I saw him do this, then drive away. Do what you want with that info, I'm out."

milltown wrote: »
    A visit to the Garda station would be my first thought. Will your witness help you take it further or was it just "I saw him do this, then drive away. Do what you want with that info, I'm out."

Have spoken to the garda and they have been talking about hit and run charges etc but I just want my car fixed and paid for by their insurance so I can get back to work etc. Cant see this being top of the garda's list of priorities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If someone did that to me I would look around for smashed lenses, plastic trimming, skuff marks in the body work etc

I would then try to get the make and model of any parts identified at a factors. If it happened in a housing estate it wouldn't take too much to look around for a car with damage and put 2 + 2 together.

This happened to my brother a few years ago and he traced it to some idiot down the road with a corner from his rear lense that was found beside his car.

If someone did that to me I would look around for smashed lenses, plastic trimming, skuff marks in the body work etc

I would then try to get the make and model of any parts identified at a factors. If it happened in a housing estate it wouldn't take too much to look around for a car with damage and put 2 + 2 together.

This happened to my brother a few years ago and he traced it to some idiot down the road with a corner from his rear lense that was found beside his car.

Have traced who it appears to have been but they deny it :(

Advertisement