Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-06-2009, 14:55   #16
agentsmith

just to be sure I understand correctly - the learn function, when programing new remote to original I would have to do for vol +/- , on/off,channel up/dwn etc assigning the appropriate button on new remote for corresponding original in ther words select vol+ button on both remotes etc
Advertisement
11-06-2009, 11:23   #17
celticfc

Send a message via AIM to celticfc Send a message via MSN to celticfc Send a message via Yahoo to celticfc
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
just to be sure I understand correctly - the learn function, when programing new remote to original I would have to do for vol +/- , on/off,channel up/dwn etc assigning the appropriate button on new remote for corresponding original in ther words select vol+ button on both remotes etc
Yes, you enter the learn function on the universal remote and assign it button-by-button by holding the original remote control up to the other.

You may however not need to use this and a code may suffice.
11-06-2009, 11:30   #18
agentsmith

Ok thanks.
15-06-2009, 11:45   #19
Johnny Tralee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Tralee View Post
I've lost my instruction book can anyone give me a breif reminded of how to program this remote or direct me to a website with the remote setup?
None of these have worked, in particular I am trying to programme Daewoo DVD player to work on this remote as I don't have the original remote to use the learn funtion from, without an user manual or web link, you can see my problem!
16-06-2009, 09:36   #20
Johnny Storm

JFYI - my brand new replacement Silvercrest URC 801 just arrived via DHL from Targa today. Excellent service IMHO.

**** Johnny Tralee, due to the above I am in a very good mood, try this link:- http://www1.medion.de/downloads/inde...tungen&lang=uk

Last edited by Johnny Storm; 16-06-2009 at 12:12.
Advertisement
01-07-2009, 15:52   #21
agentsmith

having issues trying to "learn" sky remote buttons on universal specifically the up/dwn volumes and sky services (blue buttons) is this a limitation or? I have sucessfully "learned" channel +/- and the "i" information buttons but unable to program the vol or any of the blue buttons from the sky remote- anyone have similar probs ?
03-12-2009, 19:11   #22
Maxtor

upc media box

i just got a silver crest remote, i can program it in to everything else but my upc mediabox, does anybody know if its compatible with ntl or what? It has a code for it in the box but just doesn't seem to work...
04-12-2009, 11:02   #23
cjt156

I got the same one and while the codes worked for the TV and DVD-R my Grundig Freesat box wouldn't respond to any Grundig or Alba codes listed.
I was pretty p1$$ed off & ready to return it but actually the "Learn" function is really easy and works very well.
Took just a few minutes & now all functions are working (albeit that the EPG button just wouldn't take - had to use one of the other buttons in the end).

Try teaching it manually - it looks like a load of hassle but once you get the hang of it its a great piece of kit.
04-12-2009, 19:24   #24
irishchris

wish somebody knew how to get this remote to work with a dreambox!!
Advertisement
06-12-2009, 00:23   #25
mick087

WASTE OF MONEY

I got one of these silvercrest kh2156 remotes today, i got my black diamond tv working all funtions working eccept turning teletext off work, carnt get my liteon hdd/dvd sony dvd recorder, yamaha amp, ******* pvr cable box ferguson satilite box, contental portable tv, nthell box philips dvd recorder to work with this, i tried the learning mode says sucess each time but nothing works..
Waste of money if ya ask me.

If anyone no of a good universal thaT WILL WORK ON ALL OR MOST ABOVE LET ME NO.
06-12-2009, 00:32   #26
Maxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt156 View Post
I got the same one and while the codes worked for the TV and DVD-R my Grundig Freesat box wouldn't respond to any Grundig or Alba codes listed.
I was pretty p1$$ed off & ready to return it but actually the "Learn" function is really easy and works very well.
Took just a few minutes & now all functions are working (albeit that the EPG button just wouldn't take - had to use one of the other buttons in the end).

Try teaching it manually - it looks like a load of hassle but once you get the hang of it its a great piece of kit.
Hey thanks for that, I'm trying to get the learn function working, I'm having some trouble, It will learn one function only, can I choose the button that I want it too learn too on the silver crest of does that jus happen??

I feel a dumb ass, because I know I'm doing somthing wrong
07-12-2009, 11:13   #27
cjt156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
Hey thanks for that, I'm trying to get the learn function working, I'm having some trouble, It will learn one function only, can I choose the button that I want it too learn too on the silver crest of does that jus happen??

I feel a dumb ass, because I know I'm doing somthing wrong
In the "learn" menu it asks you for a "learn key"
You then press the Silvercrest Key you want to teach - it changes to "learning"
You press the key on the original remote and the Silvercrest changes to "success" (hopefully)
It then quickly changes to "learn key" for the next function and so on.

Its all in the manual.
15-12-2009, 19:56   #28
yellowbear

Is there any way to make the remote learn buttons if you dont have the original remote control?
16-12-2009, 06:59   #29
Trevord

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbear View Post
Is there any way to make the remote learn buttons if you dont have the original remote control?
No. Your best bet in that situation is to find someone with the same TV (even the same brand might do, might not have to be the exact same model version) and borrow the remote, test that it operates your tv and if it does then go through the learning procedure on the universal remote.
12-03-2010, 21:04   #30
mp3ireland2

Haven't been able to get mine working with my Technomate 1000 yet. Was trying the search last night, but no joy! Anyone have the code by any chance?! seems like a good buy, have it working on my philps tv and magnavox (not sure is that spelt write!) dvdplayer/amp - though think i'll have to use the learn function to get it to do all the amp features, seems to jus operate the dvd player aspect at the min.... Haven't spent too much time with it yet.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion