Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-11-2009, 17:24   #16
jimmyw

Send a message via Skype™ to jimmyw
clinic

Was it in any newspapers about it been axed? I didn't hear or see anything about it anywhere except here on this site. B*****ds!!.I liked that programme.If they wanted to have cut-backs why did they not cut that flippin fair city, that is utter tripe with c**p actors. I was in a car showroom last Friday and could not believe it was on in the showroom .I had to go out in the cold as I could not bear to look at it.
Advertisement
23-11-2009, 17:26   #17
thegoodlife
Banned

I only ever seen the last episode it's not half bad...pity it's cancelled..
23-11-2009, 17:30   #18
Meeja Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyw View Post
Was it in any newspapers about it been axed? I didn't hear or see anything about it anywhere except here on this site. B*****ds!!.I liked that programme.If they wanted to have cut-backs why did they not cut that flippin fair city, that is utter tripe with c**p actors.
Fair City gets a lot more viewers (and therefore advertising revenue) and is a lot cheaper to make. I presume it's a bit closer to the brink now that The Clinic has been axed, but it would leave a huge hole in prime time four nights a week.

Some of the acting is exceptionally good, incidentally, but that's not an argument I expect to win.
23-11-2009, 17:31   #19
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOBigMan View Post
Seems definite now from various sources on Facebook etc that The Clinic has been cancelled by RTE. That was the last ever series.

Any thoughts?
Fantastic!!
23-11-2009, 17:33   #20
Shea O'Meara

Did they not recently sign up Alison Doody as a new cast member, (not seen it in a while)?

Look on the bright side, more Gerry Ryan Top Ten lists!!!
Advertisement
23-11-2009, 18:05   #21
anotherlostie

I think I will wait for more definite confirmation than sources on Facebook before I post my obituary.
23-11-2009, 18:47   #22
joey54

I personally can't believe this. The Clinic, in my opinion, is one of RTE's best shows ever. I know they like everyone else are facing budget constraints but surely there is something they could do to keep this excellent show running. The Clinic is far better than some of the other stuff RTE puts on our screens.

I suppose I'm also annoyed at the way RTE frequently just stop a programme with no conclusion, there's just never another episode!

It's a real pity that The Clinic has been canceled.
23-11-2009, 20:57   #23
The Express

Very well shot, in high definition too. Not that we can truly appreciate it until RTE HD arrives.
23-11-2009, 21:54   #24
yosser hughes

I'm not surprised and I predicted this in another thread. The final episode was ridiculous and their plot lines were awful.
The guy they had on the reception desk was the funniest hammy actor I've seen in ages. He operated the desk like it was the starship enterprise.
Dan was the only half decent character really.
Having said all that,it wasn't the worst RTE have come out with but my god did it cost mega bucks.
RTE need to make cuts but they won't go near certain sacred cows and there are a lot of people in there that actually do sweet fa.
By the way, how many do they have working in their sports dept?
What does Des Cahill actually do?
Advertisement
24-11-2009, 07:28   #25
obutler

THE CLINIC

I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE AXING THE CLINIC - LIKE BACHELORS WALK AND BULL ISLAND. 3 GREAT PROGRAMMES WITH GOOD ACTING AND THEY KEEP FAIR CITY ON 6 TIMES A WEEK!! TV LICENCE EXPENSIVE ENOUGH. JUST TYPICAL
Thanks from:
24-11-2009, 10:34   #26
Rineanna

I really loved this show, particularly the earlier seasons. Both E.R and the Clinic finished, Sunday nights will never be the same again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlostie View Post
I think I will wait for more definite confirmation than sources on Facebook before I post my obituary.
http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1124/theclinic.html
Thanks from:
24-11-2009, 12:29   #27
Lorcan02

Clinic Axed

I just can't believe it .. I loved that programme. Now we have been left high and dry - never knowing if Patrick lived or died !! But seriously though - it ended like there was going to be another series - loads of loose ends .. can't believe it. There was worse stuff that could have got the chop !
24-11-2009, 15:42   #28
obutler

the clinic

it was in this mornings newspapers
24-11-2009, 20:03   #29
jimmyw

Send a message via Skype™ to jimmyw
Unfortunately I am beginning to think that it is true that its getting the axe because I heard a competition question on Matt Coopers last word show today asking which show is going to be axed, the Sunday game, something else and the clinic. Did not hear the answer though.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/t...s-1952174.html

Last edited by jimmyw; 24-11-2009 at 20:52.
24-11-2009, 20:08   #30
Ann22

I was shocked and disappointed to hear this...wtf?! They left everything hanging...How am i going to survive without my weekly dose of Dastardly Doctor Dan?:(Just got rid of booooring Cathy too. Feck sake!

I was mildly peeved 'cos of the way it had implied there was some passion brewing between him and Daisy then all of a sudden dopey daisy turns to Rory...not even a quickie in the medicine cupboard.

In saying that I could've forgiven the scriptwriters. Why oh why have they done this?! What a pack of b*stards!

Btw the only wooden actor in it was Patrick, he was a total waste of space.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion