Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Options
  • 02-09-2009 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Does anyone of you here playing this game? I want to know if this game is handy to someone who doesn't play instruments? cause i actually don't lol but i really want to try the drums... :D

PSN: JR-STRIKER (no friends yet) :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

jomz27 wrote: »
    Does anyone of you here playing this game? I want to know if this game is handy to someone who doesn't play instruments? cause i actually don't lol but i really want to try the drums... :D

PSN: JR-REYES (no friends yet) :(

Nope its terrible get your self rock band 2 then rent RB 1 and you can save the tracks from that to RB2.

The drums are great fun and they are a little like playing real drums ( ie you are hitting things in tune ) guitar isnt anything like the real thing still great fun though.

I have read that a lot of people have taken up the drums after playing rock band.

Ill send you a friend request later keep an eye out for bubs78 thats me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

^^^^^ This guy knows what he's talking about!

Rock Band 2 is awesome, especially when you combine the Rock Band 1 tracks (borrow it from a mate or rent it) and import it. Only prob is that the RB1 tracks don't come up in random setlists, but you can still pick them otherwise.

GH5 is being scabby for the time being with importing GH:WT songs. If I had to choose i'd recommend RB2 and spend the 5 bucks importing RB1. AWESOME.

The drums are fantastic. I got a bit bored of playing guitar so I moved on to the drums. It's quite challenging and really different. I find it's the most fun to play.

I played guitar before playing the game, and i'd really consider buying a drum-kit because drums kick so much ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

how much does it cost if i want the drums and the game?

Gosh, I should have mentioned this. For some reason in Europe, Rock Band 2 peripherals AREN'T available, which is ridiculous, since the game came out in the states roughly A YEAR ago. I reckon it's because stores want to sell off their older peripherals at a higher price. (ARRRGH!) So, you're left with two options :

- Buy the Rock Band 1 peripherals (Wires! Boo!)
    - Buy the (American) drum kit online (peripherals aren't region encoded) *** DO THIS!
    - Buy Guitar Hero : World Tour / it's drum kit and buy Rock Band 2 separately.

Bear in mind if you bought Rock Band 2 game in the States, it won't work with a European PS3. But the drums (and guitars, mic) will work.

Check eBay as well. I looked it up for you :
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-Rock-Band-Drum-Kit-for-Playstation-2-3-PS2-PS3_W0QQitemZ120459388911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item1c0bf067ef&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

it's 47 euros excluding P&P.

I was on holidays in the states and so picked up the peripheral there and brought it home.

I'd really recommend going with the eBay option. I prefer the Rock Band drums to the Guitar Hero drums, because with GH drums, sometimes you have to hit the 'cymbal' and it makes a drum sound. OK, so it's the same thing hitting a 'drum' and getting a hi-hat sound but there aren't any cymbals on the RB drums so i find it slightly more authentic :pac::pac::P

Oh, don't buy the extra cymbal peripherals for Rock Band drums. I read up on it when purchasing, it's flimsy, has poor hit/double-hit detection (i.e. i thinks you've hit it twice when you haven't) and it breaks really easy. If you're considering it please have a look around first because the majority are dissatisfied with it.

Rock Band 2 drum kit :
    41%2Bp2BckboL._SS350_.jpg

Guitar Hero WT Drum Kit :
    guitar_hero_official_drum_kit_controller_1.jpg

Just as an aside, GH:WT drums are also wireless. I guess it comes down to preference, as both are enjoyable to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

jaykhunter wrote: »
    - Buy the Rock Band 1 peripherals (Wires! Boo!)
    - Buy the (American) drum kit online (peripherals aren't region encoded) *** DO THIS!
    - Buy Guitar Hero : World Tour / it's drum kit and buy Rock Band 2 separately.

Bear in mind if you bought Rock Band 2 game in the States, it won't work with a European PS3. But the drums (and guitars, mic) will work.

Check eBay as well. I looked it up for you :
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-Rock-Band-Drum-Kit-for-Playstation-2-3-PS2-PS3_W0QQitemZ120459388911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item1c0bf067ef&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

it's 47 euros excluding P&P.

I was on holidays in the states and so picked up the peripheral there and brought it home.

I'd really recommend going with the eBay option. I prefer the Rock Band drums to the Guitar Hero drums, because with GH drums, sometimes you have to hit the 'cymbal' and it makes a drum sound. OK, so it's the same thing hitting a 'drum' and getting a hi-hat sound but there aren't any cymbals on the RB drums so i find it slightly more authentic :pac::pac::P

Oh, don't buy the extra cymbal peripherals for Rock Band drums. I read up on it when purchasing, it's flimsy, has poor hit/double-hit detection (i.e. i thinks you've hit it twice when you haven't) and it breaks really easy. If you're considering it please have a look around first because the majority are dissatisfied with it.

Rock Band 2 drum kit :
    41%2Bp2BckboL._SS350_.jpg

Your link and pic to the eBay RB drums is for the old (crap) RB1 drums not the new RB2 drums which are miles better and don't buy them on eBay.

If you really want to get into the whole plastic instrument thing, go to Smyths Toy Store and buy the Band in a Box set (RB1 drums, guitar & microphone) for €45. The drums are a hit and miss literally, the sensitivity of the RB1 drums is poor to OK depending on the drum variant you get (EL, SL or QM)

At €45, its a small (ish) investment to see if the whole RB/GH experience is for you.

• Advertisement

I went to gamestop just now and their rockband one is out of stock and their guitar hero world tour band set is so expensive (150 euro!!!) i will goin to try smyths tommorrow.

ya ur right, the picture of it (wireless) threw me off.

That smyths is a 3rd party peripherals, right? I never had good luck with non-brands so i just save up for the proper ones. Good luck with them!

I'd say order from the States, but the P&P would be comparable to the price of the drum kit itself....

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ya ur right, the picture of it (wireless) threw me off.

That smyths is a 3rd party peripherals, right? I never had good luck with non-brands so i just save up for the proper ones. Good luck with them!

I'd say order from the States, but the P&P would be comparable to the price of the drum kit itself....

Nope, its the official Harmonix gear for €45.
    http://www.toys.ie/Band-in-a-Box-PS3-X360-PS2--Wii-!F00066-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=c0ca9fc7-ec87-4b05-b533-9f4fa0a01400

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

i am not too sure what the rb2 drums are like but if they are like rb1 drums i woukldnt get their drums rb1 drums where like hitting a table with some sticks compared th gh;world tour when you hit gh they give a nice bounce like a real drum would but rb does have the better tracks and more options as far as i know but really you cant go wrong with either game and set if it is the sort of thing you like (i have a really bad voice and i love singing with the songs its great ) good luck with your choice also rb2 has sensitivity (spell?) so that if you hit the drum hard the tv plays it louder and softer quieter

oh feck it! i will get rb and gh instead...

• Advertisement

You can get official RB silencers for the RB1 kit which reduce the noise from drum hits considerably. Can be purchased in GAME or HMV for around €16.
    http://www.rockbandmods.net/drums/official-rock-band-drum-pad-silencers-review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I have the rock band 1 drum kit and it was pretty LOUD when you hit it sometimes louder then the song playing but i got the drum silencers and they improved it a lot better bounce back and much quiter.

Xtravision are selling band in a box RB1 for 99 i think.

Advertisement