Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21/06/09 Tommy Lynam Mid Summer 5k, Raheny

Options
  • 21-06-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone do this. If so how did you do, time wise:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

20:33 myself , how about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

18:23 - O/40 PB by 31secs - hope it wasn't short :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Great race today, as usual! Did anyone else think that it was a bit difficult to spot where exactly the finish line was? Even when I was in the chute, I wasn't sure if I'd actually finished the race or not!! And the clock seemed to be broken! :( Really enjoyed it though!

Some photos starting to come in now on Lindie's Flickr page

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

i was approx 43 seconds quicker than last year and it was the same course this year so it shouldn't be short.....weather was an awful lot kinder this year too.... wind last year was unbelieveable on the wide avenue but was grand this time around which would aid quicker times....

pity there was no cup of tea with the biccies.... was surprised they moved it out of hall on that count alone.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

christeb has it 170 meters short but I wouldn't have thought Raheny shamrocks would let sth like that happen. What did your garmins say?
    What did the winner run?
    As you could judge of that.

heard the winner Cillian saying after that he ran 15.10 and while he is capable of going quicker that time suggests it wasn't short....the garmins could be affected by running under the trees at diff points on the course??

heard the winner Cillian saying after that he ran 15.10 and while he is capable of going quicker that time suggests it wasn't short....the garmins could be affected by running under the trees at diff points on the course??

Don't know the route myself but yep the trees can be a right bugger, my garmin has acted up a couple of times on me in marlay park and as I said previously I would imagine Raheny shamrocks would be spot on with their measuring.

Woddle wrote: »
    Don't know the route myself but yep the trees can be a right bugger, my garmin has acted up a couple of times on me in marlay park and as I said previously I would imagine Raheny shamrocks would be spot on with their measuring.

+1
    I don't thnk it would be garmin friendly route actually, been thinking about and with all the trees and a good few sharp turns there is more of a chance of wrong reading, So i'd believe Raheny on the distance, so i'm counting it as a pb untill someone goes and proves its short ;)

shels4ever wrote: »
    +1
    I don't thnk it would be garmin friendly route actually, been thinking about and with all the trees and a good few sharp turns there is more of a chance of wrong reading, So i'd believe Raheny on the distance, so i'm counting it as a pb untill someone goes and proves its short ;)

Deservingly so ;) and congrats beepbeep, I saw your pic on flickr, I reckon you finished just ahead of Christeb, who all so ran a great pb.
    Going to have to up my game :D

• Advertisement

i wanna believe the distance too lads cos i got a pb as well......

the way i see it too, when it's a two lap plus course and the there are absolutely no hills, it's very condusive for fast times..........we all prob races other 5ks over courses that have hills on them and while obviously u can argue that u get the downhill on the far, there is nothing like a little hill for destroying the legs and a pb:P

todays winner ran 15-17 in another 5k race on the cork bhaa calendar on tue nite, so with the flat course today, todays distance sounds accurate doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

i wanna believe the distance too lads cos i got a pb as well......

the way i see it too, when it's a two lap plus course and the there are absolutely no hills, it's very condusive for fast times..........we all prob races other 5ks over courses that have hills on them and while obviously u can argue that u get the downhill on the far, there is nothing like a little hill for destroying the legs and a pb:P

todays winner ran 15-17 in another 5k race on the cork bhaa calendar on tue nite, so with the flat course today, todays distance sounds accurate doesn't it?
    Always out for the free biccies and tea. I swear you go to races for the grub. You get out of it what you put in. #after running sub 3 in cork a top 10 position today and a pb is fair going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

18:28 - I'm definitely taking it as a verified PB now!

In all my glory: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindie/3647220077/in/set-72157620025202649/

Enjoyable race, refreshments were spot on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

shels4ever wrote: »
    20:33 myself , how about you?
    20.16 I must have been right in front of you, was a bit surprised by the start.

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    20.16 I must have been right in front of you, was a bit surprised by the start.
    Yes must have been close enough,

Thats me at the start in the london irish jersey needing a shave badly:)

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Thats me at the start in the london irish jersey needing a shave badly:)
    Only the top of my head made it into the photos, it can be seen in the very top right of your photo.. ;)

REsults for this are up now

christeb wrote: »
    REsults for this are up now
    They stole 3 seconds on me :( .. not to worry

I got an extra second back :D - 18:22

• Advertisement

They gave my poor buddy 3 extra secs - 19:01 :eek:

My garmin had me spot on the button. 20.16:)

christeb wrote: »
    They gave my poor buddy 3 extra secs - 19:01 :eek:
    Outch , I don't mind mine at all but that would be hard to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cookies4

Hi, there's a short film uploaded onto youtube from the race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGvZH_TyteU

excellent, seen myself 4 or 5 times:)

Advertisement