Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny eagle tattoo.

Options
  • 01-06-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I was thinking about getting inked here.
    Has anyone got any work done from here?
    Is it a good place, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

xseanx wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting inked here.
    Has anyone got any work done from here?
    Is it a good place, etc?

Its there long enough. My father got a tattoo there over 30 years ago.

It actually doesnt look bad today. Colour and design have held up much better than a lot of stuff you see from that long ago.

He always says its the best place in Dublin but he doesnt really know about these things (it was one of those youthful whim tattoos:P).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488035

Are you going to ask every few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

dancor wrote: »

Ink, it aint just for Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

that was eddie eagle you tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I personally wouldnt.....you could try Dublin tattoo further up the road, Pluto is very good....he does all my inking & coverups of previous messes that Ive had done in other establishments. You could check out his website www.dublintattoo.com

• Advertisement

Look at the old thread lad, You were not even sure yourself. Nobody even heard of Eddie Eagle, Thats why Johnny's name was mentioned, and you seemed to agree yourself that it could be.

Oh and reported for personal abuse.

Maddison wrote: »
    I personally wouldnt.....you could try Dublin tattoo further up the road, Pluto is very good....he does all my inking & coverups of previous messes that Ive had done in other establishments. You could check out his website www.dublintattoo.com

I would go the other way into town. I just got a mess that Pluto did on my arm finnished and on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Courtsey goes a long way.
    Have an infraction for your ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Oh and reported for personal abuse.
    haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

I would go the other way into town. I just got a mess that Pluto did on my arm finnished and on Sunday.
    Thats news to me Dancor, the only person I worked on Sunday was a Dutch couple who flew here from Holland, this is their 3rd time flying to me for work, so yes, I must be terrible.

Pluto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

in <one of your> photos the tribal on left arm looks like it might have been done by me, the placement seems to be concurrent with the one on the other arm.
    I dont do a design on anybody unless they obviously approve of the design, secondly, I dont start on it until they check in a mirror and also approve of the placement, so obviously design or placement wasn't a problem.
    Looking at the photo, despite the angle, and the arm being raised, thus distorting the skin, it is still very obvious that the lining is smooth and clean, as are the points. The design also, despite the angle, is quite apparently even in its width, the curves all run well with each other, and the points follow through to each other quite well. Do you know what I DO see wrong with that tattoo? I see white spots and light areas that are very apparently the result of scabbing.

Tribal black work of that size and thickness is the strongest detrimental level to skin of any style of tattoo. Regardless of what type or style of tattoo I do I always take time to personally explain the full procedures of aftercare, and in the case of strong tribal work, repeatedly emphasise the importance of good aftercare, and the various consequences of scabbing, or excessive moisture while healing.

I have tattoo'd over 15,000 people, all over the world, in all styles.
    Yes, i have seen those effects before, always the result of a tattoo that was allowed to dry up and scab, or soaked in shower or bath, or excessive sunlight while healing, etc.

Everybody always insists they "took care".

However, the majority do in fact take very good care, and ironically, thier heavy black work heals up fine, solid, and without flaw.

If this is in fact the tattoo you are referring to, the reasons are quite self evident when looking at the photo.

Pluto

Pluto you've crossed the line. Have a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Dude what are ya at?!!!
    Do your own detective work if you must but posting people's full names, bebo page etc on a public board is not on. Not very professional at all :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement