Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2009, 10:26   #1

Shaun Murphy

I dont know why but I really dislike the smug pr1ck, I dread the day he retires and joins the BBC commentery team and teams up with fcukwit Dennis Tylor

Does anyone else despise him?
Advertisement
29-04-2009, 11:02   #2

Yes agree he looks really smug, but boy can he play, watching it here and he's 10-8 up on hendry looking like 11-9, don't tink he'll be retiring for a while yet.
29-04-2009, 11:04   #3
Pighead
sucks at stalking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa no 1 View Post
Yes agree he looks really smug, but boy can he play, watching it here and he's 10-8 up on hendry looking like 11-9, don't tink he'll be retiring for a while yet.
How can he be 10-8 up and it's looking like 11-9? Are they about to win a frame each at the same time?
(2) thanks from:
29-04-2009, 11:24   #4

OOOPs so sorry, i did mean looking like 11-8, which it did go and now looking like 12-8.
29-04-2009, 11:32   #5

Murphy missed black off spot for frame, Hendry clears up to win, now 11-9 at the interval, unreal.
Advertisement
29-04-2009, 12:06   #6

This post has been deleted.
29-04-2009, 12:18   #7

29-04-2009, 12:38   #8

ha ha looks like God boy is feeling the pressure

fcuk ya Hendry

Last edited by Auvers; 29-04-2009 at 12:43.
29-04-2009, 12:51   #9

Advertisement
29-04-2009, 12:56   #10
celticfc

Send a message via AIM to celticfc Send a message via MSN to celticfc Send a message via Yahoo to celticfc
Well done Shaun, Hendry kind of blew it in the second session tbh & missed some important balls. Maybe he was a abit excited from the maxi in the morning, which has been seen many times before.
29-04-2009, 13:06   #11
pathway33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvers View Post
I dont know why but I really dislike the smug pr1ck, I dread the day he retires and joins the BBC commentery team and teams up with fcukwit Dennis Tylor

Does anyone else despise him?
i have to have a bit of sympathy for him this week as his wife is serving him with divorce papers....maybe she noticed his smugness....was it two years ago he made headlines because his father wouldnt talk to him for the previous 18 months (or maybe he wouldn't talk to his father, although he did say on national television that all his father had to do was pick up the phone...why couldn't shaun pick up the phone?)....he was a bit down this week because he hadn't got the usual sheffield roar....many in sheffield seem to have sided with his wife.

in a nutshell i don't like him but i've never met the guy so maybe i shouldn't judge. what is it they say? when you point a finger at someone you point three back at yourself.

still don't like the smug ggrrr
29-04-2009, 13:09   #12

29-04-2009, 13:11   #13
Glenman

Hope he dosn't get to the final hard to look at his sour puss all weekend. Don't like him since the time he made the referee award him the opening frame when Stapen Lee was 10 minutes late for a match. Not surprised the wife left him.
29-04-2009, 13:36   #14
celticfc

Send a message via AIM to celticfc Send a message via MSN to celticfc Send a message via Yahoo to celticfc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenman View Post
Hope he dosn't get to the final hard to look at his sour puss all weekend. Don't like him since the time he made the referee award him the opening frame when Stapen Lee was 10 minutes late for a match. Not surprised the wife left him.
I don't remember that incident too well but I clearly remember when he played Stephen Maguire at either the UK Championship or Grand Prix and Stephen had forgotton to bring his chalk when he was introduced into the arena. Stephen asked the ref if he could go out for a sec to get it & he said no problem.

While Stephen was out, Shaun suggested that he should be docked a frame (as it states in the rules) because he wasnt fully prepared for play. The ref asked the tournament director and he was indeed docked a frame. Maguire won the match in the end. The referee didn't see it as an issue until Shaun brought it up.

It has been said there is still a big grudge over that.

If anyone watched the "snooker Tales" piece from the other day, John Virgo and Terry Griffiths were talking about their 1979 UK final.

John mixed up the start time and was a few minutes late (An honest mistake), he was docked two frames & Terry didn't want to accept the two frames as he felt is wasn't fair. The referee however said he had to impose the penalty, and there were no two ways about it.

John ended up winning the match, so it proved meaningless in the end anyway, but Terry showed great sportsmanship unklike Shaun Murphy IMO.
29-04-2009, 14:44   #15

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion