Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Dublin

Options
  • 22-04-2009 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi All. I'm new here so hello

I was wondering if you knew of any poker games that happen in or around Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Theres loads, check out the tourney schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tre4

Awesome - thanks for that - anybody go to any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Tre4 wrote: »
    Awesome - thanks for that - anybody go to any?

Some of the guys on here play the €20 rebuy games and one or two even play the cash games!! :eek:

Yeah, I think the tourneys are what I'm after - cash games are way too dangerous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Yeah, I think the tourneys are what I'm after - cash games are way too dangerous!!
    What part of dublin are you in???

Pretty central - I'm going to be staying with a friend who is just round the back of Trinity College

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You're within walking distance of The Jackpot, The Fitz and The Sporting Emporium so. All have tournaments and cash games on every night.

Quality

Thanks for that Slash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Some of the guys on here play the €20 rebuy games and one or two even play the cash games!! :eek:

Id heard a few of the lads had started playing freerolls, didnt realise they had moved up levels that much.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133286&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Hi All. I'm new here so hello

I was wondering if you knew of any poker games that happen in or around Dublin?

Thanks

Were in Dublin do you live?

I've 4 games on tonight check out my website for more details

www.jppoker.ie

JP Poker wrote: »
    Were in Dublin do you live?

I've 4 games on tonight check out my website for more details

www.jppoker.ie

Just round the back of Trinity College

Thanks for the info

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Id recommend any of JPs games. They arew all very well run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

bar-code tonight at 8-30pm 35 euro freeze-out, 7k starting stack. bar code about 10 min bus journey from were you stay.

regards jim

Thanks guys - great info, I'll be in Dublin in a few weeks so I'll see you all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Jesse Algranti

Any of you planning on going to the Poker Academy in Dublin next month?

Any of you planning on going to the Poker Academy in Dublin next month?

What's it all about?

What's it all about?

A friend of mine was talking about it, as i am coming to visit him that weekend. It's on the Saturday, 16th May i believe. You pay £150 odd and you have a few lectures and a tournament and their are pros floating around giving you advice. Looks like it could be quite fun. Not sure though. Check it out. I have posted a link below:

http://www.bluffeurope.com/pokeracademy/

Could be fun but £125 for the lecture, going to have to be some hot playing to get that back!

what happened to my post?

• Advertisement

true true... i am just hoping for some low stakes side cash games with the pros

what happened to my post?

What do you mean?

true true... i am just hoping for some low stakes side cash games with the pros

Aha!

Yeah - have to say that would be pretty cool. Would be good to see if they really are that good!

I'd just like to stare em down, bluff em off a pot and then when asked what i had, i would say - 'Sorry don't remember'

Ha

Or slow play a high pocket pair and just act like your fishing all the way

Donnacha O'Dea seems to have stepped in for or as well as Dave 'The Devilfish' Ulliot at the Academy. A bit of local talent always nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I was thinking bout going to it but I know a guy who attended one before and he said its all basic stuff. I'm not sure if im gonna fork out 150 quid for something I can get out of a poker book for beginners which will cost me a tenner.

Anyone got more info on it?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    I was thinking bout going to it but I know a guy who attended one before and he said its all basic stuff. I'm not sure if im gonna fork out 150 quid for something I can get out of a poker book for beginners which will cost me a tenner.

Anyone got more info on it?

Well there is information on the Bluff website: http://www.bluffeurope.com/pokeracademy/#alexRousso and a video of Alex Rousso, the organiser.
    I know what you mean though... i think i would be more interested in talking to Donnacha and playing in the tournament. But you never know - there are always new things to learn about, or different ways to look at, poker.

Hey guys also check out the leggo poker videos on the Bluff website. It's actually really interesting and useful if you are looking to master online cash tables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 danblack

I am going to the Poker Academy. Its going to be wild. Dylan, Tre, Jesse - any of you going?

Advertisement